Flaming June

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Flaming June

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I thought I'd wait a day or two before starting a new thread. Weather surprisingly OK for now. I'm off to the club for Brunch in the morning, then to Rosemoor (Devon) to meet a friend and enjoy the rose festival. I have two or thee buds, but other people seem to have lots in bloom. Is it me or are the roses particularly glowing this year?
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Flaming June

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi!
Two years or so, since I had that stroke: I really must get my head into Gear and get going.
Must sort out finances -
Must do some Decorating,
Must give Local Gov a good talking to.
Must read House insurance to see how much Legal use I can get.

Hope the Rose Festival was good. I looked it up. The Gardens around here all need vehicular access. Although there is a train and a loooooong walk to Beth Chato's recent home.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Maybe we should have gone later in the week. There were some roses out and they looked lovely, but there were plenty with unopened buds. It was very sunny and pleasant. I was full of brunch, so just had a coffee. Got back in time for evensong, but I'll just feed us then collapse on the bed.

Keep on with the list of tasks. I'm sure your insurance should cover you. Just try making a claim. You didn't cause it and didn't expect it to happen.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi. I think I got one problem solved - well I THINK i have, judging from the fact that I have some mail... but not certain. The GOV.UK Ombudsman has sent a missive .... but it needs me to sign in to a code to get access... and I can't work out how to do it.
Perhaps I'll find a nice big space and SCREEEEEEEEEMM
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Maybe there's a "Forgotten your password" option? Can you print it out? Often these things are easier to spot in hard copy.

I'm having a lazy day after a trip to the Cotswolds, and a meeting on the other side of the M5. I can't tune my instruments because the pegs are jammed. Too much force would be worse than not enough. The other difficulty is picking up the phone to ask for help.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I Love then Cotswolds. I made a few Tours after I'd worked at Cheltenham for awhile.

If I cant plough through the COV, UK Ombudsman, I'll try the knowledgeable Lady in Town Centre Library. I think I'm too slow to do all I need to in the 2 minutes target before it hexpires.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

After a busy day yesterday having my hair cut and various shopping tasks, I had to hobble further on crutches than usual, so I'm relaxing with the Parish Magazine to edit.

The Occupational Therapist called and has agreed my sreps are in need of replacing. I got a couple of Quotes from local builders, the she said the Council will do it. So I've been a bit busy. It's all been a bit too much.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi!
Sorry, you haven't got your ramp set up yet. I wonder if they will give an anti-slip surface. wet timber ain't good. It was June When I had my "stroke" that the carer got on to the Council to re-lay the paving outside my house (Rocking and uneven pavement). She told the Council Bod that I was Vulnerable, and was told that because I was Vulnerable, they would do it as a priority, should be within six weeks, Must have been about 3 years ago - still waiting.

Think I've managed to avoid weekend shopping. I hobbled a couple of times in the week.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

The idea of a ramp has crashed and burned. It's going back to my original plan of changing two steps of different heights for three arriving at a higher point. It's better for you to use steps nd my door is too narrow for a wheelchair, the only excuse for a ramp seemingly.

I had to go shopping because I had no mushrooms.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I didn't know you used a Wheelchair regularly. Do you have Lockable, rain-sheltered parking for it?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

No I don't have a wheelchair. That's the only justification for a ramp.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Ah, I see.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Hope you are enjoying the weekend with the chance to escape to the woods for refreshment.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

In a word ........ NO.

Has to get a lot of Paperwork together to see the Solicitor (You may recall A local Councillor - now ex... was advising on sorting my address, and many other things). This Councillor had an accident so sort of opted out from Progress so I went to Solicitor: now time that things moved on. The councillor managed to join us. The Solicitor took a very different view of Councillor - I thought Solicitor was Guiding the Councillor: seems not. I now have much to think about, and I have many "loose threads" to do something about.

So with my addled brain having much to think about, I was somewhat tardy in gathering info together on another front: Some Medical Procedures. I did get up early enough to write and post Mail before getting to Hospital appointment today. When I got to the front of the queue - barely on time - they told me it was cancelled and I should have been told of a re-arrangement. (as I may have said, I get no mail now). The re-arrangement was found and I was sent to an OPD elsewhere on the other side of the Hospital. Now DON'T LAUGH, The new site was a lately found treatment suite in Gynaecology/Maternity building (been 75 years since I was involved in such a dept). As I was queuing for this second check-in now 10 minutes late, I got a Text to rage about me being late and the appoint was now cancelled. They did book me in, albeit later this morning, but once they had cancelled, their screen lost all my presence in today's list. But without my paperwork (I only get appoints by pestering PALS for any appoints that I have not been told about - More work re lack of address to resolve.

Too many things - I keep getting all those "after-stroke" problems of finding the words I need. I still had these feelings whilst on the bus home - Bus got entangled in a group of cyclists - not exactly rioters, but rowdy and shouty, being watched, but having less than "road sensible" - it seems that today was "Naked Cycling Day". I have never thought it a good idea to cycle through a busy road on a busy day, but as for sitting on a saddle without ... Oh, nevermind:
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Risk of severe sunburn on the hottest day of the year.

I had twisted arms to get a ticket for the Naked Wine tasting (fully dressed and decent)in Bristol, but on the way heard worrying sounds which I thought were soft/flat tyre noises so called in at Morrisons in Weston SM to reinflate them. They were fine and didn't need it, but I decided to come back home anyway. I think it was my shockers, magnified by driving with the windows open. It was hot today, and I had Cassie with me. She'd have been better off at home but she didn't think so and insisted on coming. I didn't know if I could park near to the venue or if I could take her in with me, so it wasn't just the car.

The Fire service had been called to a cloud of smoke near Nether Stowey on the return journey and I had to stop and let them conduct traffic.