The Gentle Rain from Heaven in extreme downpour

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

The Gentle Rain from Heaven in extreme downpour

Post by goodlookingone »

Don't think anyone has started an April Page yet. I needs a couple of Porters to Help carry a sufficiently large unbrella.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Re: The Gentle Rain from Heaven in extreme downpour

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

It's going to get better during the day, but that probably means it's moving from me to you. I haven't launched the ark yet, but I'm still looking for those unicorns. They were poking their horns into everything last week. Now, they're hiding.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I seem to encounter a lot of Thwart in making progress on these boards.. Another Late attemp today.
Much thanks for the greeting card, Rwth. I seem to be drawn into everybody else's problems, but I already have more than enough of my own .. Gotta go, sodding Kids from next door are banging in my door,, Why cant they go into their oen House?
Where was I ... Of yes, A lot of low-flying Helicoptor here Last Night..It seems someone was ill near here last night, so Bright Lights fom the sky searching the estate. The Police 'coptor drivers seemed to know it was someone "Near the sartion" No idea how they could know He was near the station if they didn't know where He was and they could only find him by Helicoptor.
Years ago, when I took the wrong road in life, I worked in Local Gov (working....... Local Gov... those two phrases do not compute) The previous new joiner was a very capable personage, but tried to work. Everytime He picked up a phone to confer to the relevant manager and got nowhere,, Total Blankness. Ech time He would drop the phone back into its cradle with the word "More @@@@@@ Thwart". In the clourse of time it became normal for an office full of bods "in Unison" .. "More @@@@@@ Thwart".
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I worked in Local Government for a while. For some reason, I got asked to push forward a work at home project. Being an independent contractor helped because the manager thwarting my colleagues didn't have jurisdiction. I earned someone's admiration by going to the junk furniture store to find cabinets, also by bullying my way into arranging a bulk allocation of email addresses. But the most impressive was going up to someone's work station and dropping a laptop sized box on her desk. she was "too busy " to meet me in the store cupboard to sign it off. It was only a carrying bag, but it got people going. It was my last day, but I hadn't told anyone that I had cancer and was meeting the surgeon the next day so I didn't care. I finished the project before I went.

I think if the patient used their mobile to call the ambulance, they would be able to home in on the signal, but with limited accuracy. better than the crazy address system though.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Looks like Someone else called for help http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1613390 ... nts-anchor
Here's the Local paper - but the Comments are a bit odd. The Police just did what they were asked to do.

Re Local Guv ... My Idiot bus came back from the Christmas Dinner, and demanded everyone to gather around his esk "Just Tell me all Your Problems" . So my colleague repated several times "Are you sure you really want to know"..
The Problem is YOU.. We are all capable and proved Management Bods, We need to see the Bods involved and deal with it. We don't need you, who doesn't understand the problem, to intervene ... YOU are Just a penny on the rates"
You would not need the utter stupidity.
In Another Council I was asking Costings for Certain Council vehicles.. Some bloke kept me waiting outside, but I could hear him on the phone - Asking Everybody if "This was Rotine?" no interset if My enquiries was relevant, just "If it was Routine". The Chief Accountant got to hear and "Advised" Him..
I also had to go to a Management meeting with The Transport Workers Trade Union.. That was really wierd - The Councillers were all Shop Stewards in their Day Jobs and Demanding More Wages from a well known car maker they were working for, but at This Meeting they were all putting the reverse argument to their employees...
And in another Contract The Council Meeting was in a Thameside Pub.. With Waitresses calling from the bar ""Who's is the Chicken and Chips", easily in earshot of The Good Ratepayers of The Town and Gown City.

And .....

Amd
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I had a horrible woman in charge of my department. She wasn't actually my boss because I was contract staff and responsible to someone else, but I went to one of her staff meetings, and she was incredibly rude about the head of the Social work team who I was actually PA-ing for. She might well have been right, but shouldn't have said so in front of junior staff. She used to come in and help herself to our biscuits, which I didn't mind at all. I used to say "Take as many as you like", because it was better on her hips than ours. I thought she was probably the most counter productive manager in the place, so we'd do the 'yes sir no sir three bags full sir bit' then ignore her. Rather like your boss.

It was pouring with rain at 5.30am. Cassie was dancing to go out, then had an attack of wisteria and vanished for half an hour. I saw a frightening flash of lights over the next village, which turned out to be the Police blues and twos along the A39 that goes through the village. I don't know why, but it may have prompted her vanishing trick. Wisteria is an occasional tendency to ramble. My brother's dogs used to have it. The Co-op rang me once to say she had been sitting outside waiting for my husband to come out. But he had been dead 6 months then. She has a disc on her collar for just such a purpose.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

You are right about Counil Bods - SOME of the Councillers are OK, but are not "Managers", and employee Managers who are Merely Experience (not ability) of other Councils. (The Lord Mayor of Oxford gave me a trip in His Hot Air Balloon).

Must go, I'm priming Cudgels to Fight Basildon Council - I'm just arming my soldiers [i.e., Councillers, Ombudsen (yes: Plural), and insurers - The latter include some(?) Legal matters in my Policy].
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Hope your cudgels are sharp or heavy or both I really hope you manage to sort it all out.
I'm off to Taunton later to do a photo shoot for Healthwatch publicity. Hitting the right level of smart casual and really uncomfortable glamour could be awkward.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh, A cover Girl... Wonder if You'll meat my old Office Hospital Colleague (Dietician). She made the Cover of Good Housekeeping: Dont know if shee still writes/edits for them.
The Cudgel Fight was VERY Managed - including needing to sign confidentiality... So All I shall say is that "sert a Seed" , so will see what develops. PS: They paid for my attendance?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I get to claim expenses. The free parking only happens after the first hour. I get travel allowance, and since I was in Taunton anyway I filled up the tank with fuel 10p per litre cheaper. No swindle, because I claim on a mileage basis. When I was working for BT, the planning engineers called their expense claims swindle sheets, but took great care to be accurate. It was a cultural thing.

So they imposed a gagging clause. I heard on the wireless the other day from a tame Lawyer, that you aren't gagged over anything illegal. They were discussing whistle blowing at the time.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

'twasn't Blowing Whistles, It was just Public (Ten of us), but just certain aspects of costs and charges.. But if one mentions domestic affects it might start a seed sewed, or a hare running.

One step forward in my own matters: having received no mail from to my legal address, and I wont accept the false address, I have had to get an e-mail re my House Insurance. I now have their advice that my renewal has taken place, and that The renewal Does include some legal matters - but it is in the form of a 64 page book - now all printed (at great hexpense - my own pooter won't respond to to whatever they post on). The Council have tried to fob a change of address to my house (Just to recap: This is a Pedestrian Estate, but the Vehicle access for Emergency Services is via Keys held in Fire Engines and Ambulances. They did this by invalidating the sequencial House numbering, and have Tried repeated the same numbers several times, so that The Fire Entrances are used for carparking) - Where was I ... Oh yes, Royal Mail now wont deliver to my real address, despite The High Court declairing that my Address is in perpetuity.
Thus I get none of the details needing attention this time of year: Private Pension annual increase, Ditto Former employers Pension - Which may necessitate a Doc's Letter request to prove that I'm still alive, - Ditto, state Pensions and so on. It also means that I didn't get my House Insurance Renewal and.... (Don't Laugh), that if the Council actually backpedalled into using my real address.... which won't be delivered, so I have no Council Tax demand.
But it is worse than that - With my Legal addressed now disused, I have : No vote, No Credit Value and Hence no Bank Card, etc., thus no way to renew my Mobile phone and/or pooter, and, and,

Oh MATRONNN - My Pills please
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Yes it's really bad. Did they make any promises to put things right? Otherwise you could always try "You and Yours". I know the BBC is biased, but it could help you. If they are ignoring the High Court, only ridicule will work.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Don't know about You and Yours - Not certain they will have any effect on Voter List or Postcode Writer. (I read somewhere that one of the "Social Media"is effective - but I'm not certain which one. I have one of the Councillers (hoping to be re-elected) working on Council Tax re a Non-existent address.,
Must buy another set of File Boxes...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

They're good at embarrassing companies. It needs the political will to obey the High Court.

The weather here has improved. It looked as though the sun was shining somewhere.

I went to a rehearsal which went fairly well. A stroll in the woods, then went to a hand car cleaning establishment. All the conkers flushed out of the engine compartment and back home.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi!
Yes I saw the Sun - Not something often seen . Scary so I looked the other way.
Actually I was going to take a But up into Langdon Hills (a Nature reserve - mix of field and forest), Unfortunately, I was thrying to find some Bus routes to get her to a Hospital appoint next month so I went into the coffee shop in the Town Centre instead. Unforunately she wasn't well enough to get there so I waisted todays sun.
Anyway, More Writings to make to be Rec Delivery on Monday. Some minor developments.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Is this Kid Sister you are talking about?

Glad the weather improved. It wasn't as wet here as expected, and we had some sun. Our gig this morning went well and I found out how to pronounce Bodhran. I've been asked to default to viola in future. I'll have to stretch my arm a bit.

I hope your recorded deliveries work out.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

See, Still not firing on all six... I meant BUS, not BUT. and then My Mind jumped a bit. No Not kid sister.. Some weeks ago an elderly Lady mistook me for someone else - Since then she has asked me to help her plan how to get to whichever Hospital she is Directed to. (LinkingThree bus routes to get to hosps outside of other towns). That's why I went to her favourite Cafe instead of aiming to the Country Park. But She wasn't well enough to get to the cafe. Hence that bit of sun waisted.

Other stuff to get into the mail... This Damn Council falsifying my address is causing Havoc.
False address now extended to cease Royal Mail deliveries to my real address... and stuff like Bank and Polling details wont to local bank branch, etc.
No address means No Bank Card, and my other bank have cancelled their plastuic card: Yes I can cash a cheque - but I wont get a replacement chaquebook.
No Bank Card, nor address means that I cant top up phone/pooter/etc
No address means No Credit (e.g., no Essex Credit Union ceased trading, and I needs a a budget account elsewhere)
No address means that the Insurance on my house is to my real address.
I needs to get sme break-in repairs dating from my Hospital absence, but can't get response
Same insurer covers some Legal Matters, and I can't get a mail response, for Rules re Policy (64 page book by e-mail: my pooter wont deal with whatever they load the pages with, so I has to use Library pooter - so I had to use my last cash withdrawal to get it printed). Now waiting for Royal mail to work out how to deliver a reesponse to my real (; in perpetuity) address. I needs to get local ward counciller...
(Other contact made to MP, Bank- necessary before moving on to Ombudsman, Estate Manager, GP Ombudsman, Post Office, Oh yes... an outfit called Noddlle - refered by my "Carer" to the Electoral address who are working on that, and.... and... Lots more follow ups to do.. actually, it's more complicated than that.. several things but a couple of them are my Pensions - annual increases but some would posted me a docket to fill in/get doc to prove that I'm still alive - I wonder if I am.

Think I'll have a "Lie down"

Never Dabbled in Music. I think I could remember the notes to play The Triangle.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It looks to me like victimisation. Have you tried emailing the Police Commissioner?

Noddle are pretty good. They were recommended to me by a lady from my bank call centre. They don't charge for credit file inspection, but they might also help smooth the path with your Bank. When we were faced with what I can only call buggeration - bureaucracy designed to make you give up all signs of struggle, we found that it could be traced back to one single official. A Councillor who had been Mayor once or twice was also involved, and he had taken a bit of a shine to me, but it had already gone too far at the start. In your case, I'm sure that the High Court Judgement will work its way through, but let's just hope that this last batch of paperwork will do the trick. Maybe you can use an online only Bank in the meantime. Shine is quite a good one. Or your own Bank will keep issuing temporary chequebooks until the matter is resolved.

I remember your elderly lady now you remind me, actually I did think of her fleetingly, but wondered if you remembered her. You are a kind soul.

The thing about the triangle is that you have to hit it at the exact moment to get the best result. G & S operas seemed to have a lot of triangle work in them.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

That was very much a Precis... I have been passed from pillar to post re my GP prescriptions not paid to me.
Re Noddle. That thread passed through several hands - Carer (From an outfit called Mosaic - cant tell you her name because I can't spell polish) pointedme to Stepchange whose membership involves getting an evaluation from Noddle. One of my exchanges with Noddle was to get anaddendum to my credit report, which I wrote (i.e., having no credability because I have no address). They intervened my addendum saying that they would need to get the Electoral somethings-or-others to acknowledge what I say.
The Bank Manager (nice Lady but I can't remember her name) was also helpful (re non-receipt of my plastic card - I lost the first whe I slipped ove in the snow, in the Hospital bus to door walk), and has instructed me to complain to their Headoffice, Phoned me the same day, and have directed me to the Bank Ombudsman.
My lack of mail (yes, I'm persuing that too) means that I don't House Insurance Doc. I now have much to read before getting (If the insurance covers it) legal advices. I also needs to confirm that the Insurers solicitor is NOT one that also represents the Council. I also needs to keep the Ward Counciller up to date - he is a useful contact.
Oh yes, remind me to get a supply of File folders.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It's a beautiful day. The soleille is brilling all over the place. My gardener is coming to grout the patio and drink my tea.

I have received a salad cutter in the post. Put the ingredients inside, turn it upside down and cut through the slots. Rotate the bowl 90Degs and do it again. Cheap and cheerful from China. Saw it on Facebook. I bought it from Amazon though.

I'm a bit tired today. I went to the green burial site to talk to Blunders. I'd been a few times lately, but didn't have the strength to hobble up to the grave side. The whole place was a riot of primroses.