FEBRUARY FILL DYKE

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: FEBRUARY FILL DYKE

Post by goodlookingone »

Yes, I find that I cannot read as fast as I need to.... (Must get fast-reading glasses)

Now don't disturb me, I have to Foil Ginger Cat to treat his fur .....
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Orchestra rehearsal today, then a look at Wimbleball Reservoir. Fuller than it has been for a year or so. Home and work on the Magazine. I finished printin proofreading copies, then noticed a couple of thingsI missed out. I was supposed to be going to a Brass Band gig at the club, but ran out of time, steam, motivation and lots more to do before I sleep.

I've brushed Cassie, but she still has a few knotted clumps from her summer coat to tease out.

I'll gallop through the pieces for tomorrow as fast as possible, then I should be more ready for things than I was this morning when they took it a bit faster than I was comfortable with. We are playing "Any Dream will do" from Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi Rwth - Was that you Busking the Fiddle in The Town Square this Afternoon? - it would have benifitted to be further from the Sqeezebox Player also in the Town!

Hope that Cassie is fairring well now that she left the vets behind her...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Now she has a new very thick bed and has left the lampshade off, she's catching up on her sleep. Quite sleepy this morning, but otherwise fine.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Catching up on sleeps .... Yup Animals are VERY Sensible.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I've had a lazy day after sending off the magazine to the printer.

I've got two meetings tomorrow, one in Bridgewater, and one in Minehead an hour later, so it will be a relief to eat normally. If the buffet is sandwiches, I'll have to leave early to avoid the carbs.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

You seem to get much more things than I do.....
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It's not a contest. There isn't a prize, unless it's a quiet free day or evening. There wasn't a buffet, so I didn't miss anything there, but when I got to Minehead, I was too late for the meeting so I used my voucher to buy a tankful of petrol at 10p off per litre and went through the car wash. I earned that by having a delivery of £60+ of groceries. I could have got it by doing a big shop but I wouldn't have had a strong man to bring it in and leave it on the kitchen floor. I can't afford to do it every month, but it can be useful occasionally.

They had a very annoying programme on the wireless this evening about the Naylor report where they punish struggling hospitals by making them sell land. So how are they to buy land to build their new hospital if they spend it on rectifying their budget? Its a bigger con than the PFIs, and this government is bundling it all up to flog to the American health insurance companies. Ker-ching!
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I heard part of that Programme - St Hellier and somethging else - SETAHA as it be came - No idea what it is now. It was an Enormous place .. BUT it included a training school for Nurses and "The Biggest Laundry in the world, but the Yanks have a bigger one ????????? The Problem is that Developments develop so qhickly that Things are soon out of date. Did write more but I was sounding Poliltical. The trend is fewer Hospitals but Two shifts on expensive tools. Soon out-of-date so there is little reason to worry about machine and Building Longevity.
But surely the biggest problem is the increasing size of population all needing Houses and Hospitals. I was talking to Local Councillers who is concerned about a neighbouring Boroght who are raiding the "Green Fields" to build more Housing - near to the boundary of this borough, BUT the Needs for Doc Surgeries, Clinics, and Hospital needs will all be needed within x miles, beyond the allocated land for the new estate...
As an aside.. When I was a kid in new estate, the need was to build Houses, Schools, shops, recreation came Later - They rapidly built Many primary schools and Four 1000 pupil Schools - the needs waned, the schools merged and the the shiny new schools demolished - I think the same will happen to the Hospitals..
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I only mentioned it because you have been involved in the changing fortunes of NHS provision, and wondered if you had heard it. So much development stops short at houses and roads. No thought for GP surgeries, pubs, community centres, or parks, gardens or wildlife corridors.

I received a big parcel today, at least a day before expected. two protected seed feeders for the little birds. The pigeons will get less of a look in. So I'll fill them up with Sunflower hearts and hang them up. one on the stand at the front of the house, and the other at the back. That will be fun.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

What I didn't expand on was My recent Discussion with This Area Counciller. The Next Borough is Being told to Build X number of Houses. The Least loss of Forestry/Greenbelt/parkland/Nature Reserve etc is on the Border of this Councils Borders. BUT, these new dwellings will need Clinics, Hospital/Dentists Community buildings/spaces, but to do that in a reasonable catchment distance, they would need to take some of this area. All Politics. Most of the Industry that Might find Employment for the new Tenants has pretty well gone since Stuff is made in the EU for assembly here - Who knows how good a job the Politicians make of getting Work here????
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

What I didn't expand on was My recent Discussion with This Area Counciller. The Next Borough is Being told to Build X number of Houses. The Least loss of Forestry/Greenbelt/parkland/Nature Reserve etc is on the Border of this Councils Borders. BUT, these new dwellings will need Clinics, Hospital/Dentists Community buildings/spaces, but to do that in a reasonable catchment distance, they would need to take some of this area. All Politics. Most of the Industry that Might find Employment for the new Tenants has pretty well gone since Stuff is made in the EU for assembly here - Who knows how good a job the Politicians make of getting Work here????
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi each. A good "meet" yesterday, and we missed some people who we knew would be absent. I have seen somewhere that 3 wells was in Hospital, but I couldn't find an update yesterday before I left for Barbican. Hope she is OK.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Sorry I didn't come to the Meet. I'm not up to much walking these days. I hope you all had a good time. I didn't see that mention. I hope 3 Wells is soon sprung and feeling much better.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi all... One of those days when everything I touch, goes wromg ..
Perhaps I'd better hide forra few days.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Stay warm and let Nature take its course.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hope that YOU are in the warm - Must get some house repairs - A couple of "bodged " repairs when I was ill a few years ago - Now the wind is blowing the wrong way?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I'm fine. People have told me not to risk falling by going out, and I have no occasion to, but may try it tomorrow in an attempt to intimidate my MP. If i can clear my steps, I may go for it. I think I should put draught proofing on my doors.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I'm sure I replied to this - but cannot find it: I was only asking if you "do" Draughtproofing, I might have some work for you?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I know a man who can. Try B & Q for the materials and a local handyman for the labour. Attendance Allowance is a wonderful thing.

See March thread but nothing further on this.