I woder if we should Move to the DECEMBER thread

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: I woder if we should Move to the DECEMBER thread

Post by goodlookingone »

No normality here... Seems that council sent me a court summons which I never got - So they carried on witout me.
Hurty leg/foot problems - can hardly walk. Got a few pills left over from last time.
No, wont go on, Its boring me so it must bore others.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I'm using elbow crutches. One of the best £10 I've ever spent. I still hobble, but people are more sympathetic and offer to help.

It doesn't bore me, but you don't give much detail so I have to sit on my hands when I'd like to leap to my charger and ride madly off in all directions.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas, and good health for the New Year. May the annoyances of 2017 become things of the past ...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Happy Christmas everyone. The past is best forgotten unless it brings pleasure and happiness.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Gooday each - Hope you enjoy Your Chrismas day, Or more importantle, that you are all well.

Dont need crutches, but I sometimes have severe difficulties and cant walk in straight lines - or even stand. I use my Ol' Mum's Walking stick (I remember buying that for her in Boots in the shiny new Shopping Centre in Romford - Now virtually abandoned) Trouble is, that in a moment of easy walking I lift the damn thing behind - Lost it when was at a Docs Receptionist when I was looking for a change of doc: Before that I left it in Southend Bus Station.

Havn't seen threewells for awhile. Hope she is OK.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Not been able to get a Connection to get in here. Hope you all had good days - goodnight each.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I've seen 3 Wells in Peets, but about a week ago. I don't doubt she's been there more recently, but I've been rushed off my feet and resting, so probably didn't get into the Panto thread where I promised to be the hobbling but unrelenting crocodile. Her Choreography scared me off a little and I was afraid to see what she had in mind for me. I'll pop in while my yeast is rising and take a look.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Didn't know that there was any patomimery in Peets. Will have a look.
Pottering connectivity better today - may seek a different supplier - or -- May well looking into one of them Radio thingies like They had in Tesco, but for domestic use.
Tesco, Yes, They were trying to con the kids out of their pocket money for Christmaw or Mothers Day (or even Fathers day), by putting stalls (and more importantly Cash Register/plastic cards link/stock re-ordering) into the carpar, some years ago - I suspose such things must be common now. My last Tesco Job was With their Private Police - oops, sorry, I mean "Security" (only a few dozen Cameras were visible to the populace Big Brother was everywhere in Certain stores). Oh dear, I'm going off-massage - must remember its still the Humbug season.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

After a Met Office warning of snow and a very rainy and windy night I didn't expect to see snow on the hill opposite. It's fairly thin and looks like icing sugar. The valley is of course green as usual, but it takes me back to looking out at the Clee Hills (Shropshire) covered in snow when we were down in the valley and had missed it. With age comes the pleasure of seeing it without having to plough through it. I like living in the country and coming round a corner to see the sea below me. It's the Bristol Channel, so only marginally sea, which really is sea in Devon 15 miles West.

Trip to hospital this afternoon. I'll start straight after Breakfast. I haven't eaten yet and wanted to get clean and dry first.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi Rwth, Hope Hosp appointment goes to plan.
I find it rather odd in that although No snowed settled here, One of the busroutes out of town (to The Airport at Stamstead) is warning of Delays by Snowdrifts.

Was unwell over Christmas (Hurty feets - something to do with Diabetes) and not posted things that should heve been posted, so I'b better take another end-of-year bills to Post Office.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Sorry about your feet. I hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Verdict predictable, but irritating. Registrar dismissive of achievement to date and tried to put me off for another 6 months. I wasn't having any of that, and beat her back to Easter. It wasn't likely that they could have done the deed before then anyway, but I should go on the list then with the op before mid August.A bit grumpy today though.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Mornin each - my New years Honour seemed to be lost in the post.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Oh, how sad. Perhaps you should give Brenda a call and ask if she sent it registered post, and you can find out who signed for it? ;-)
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Maybe Her Majesty wanted to make more of a splash so she's keeping you for the Birthday Honours. Maybe if you move nearer to Sandringham with a proper address it might help.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I think she is saving for a wedding.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

But if it's properly traditional, she won't have to pay, will she? Isn't the bride's family supposed to do that? :-)
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Don't know - I somehowthink that The Taxman will be expected to contribute (my) Money.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Only for the security.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Don't kmow why I'm still sitting here.. Just had to placate six point seven Kilo of His Gingeriness frightened by Very Loud, Very Bright, Very Near Fireworks. I'll Leave cat hiding under the Armchair. He's happier there than in I were to entice him out ... I'm orf to beddy-bies. Goodnight each.