Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: I woder if we should Move to the DECEMBER thread

Post by goodlookingone »

G' Mornin each.
Still snowing, but I think the Thaw is Faster than the snowfall...
Remember my Ol' schoolteach telling us that This was the Dry side of the country, as the clouds had lost their rain from the west had lost its wetness climbing over Wales..... But what He didn't tell you was that we get the cold winds straight off Scandonavia and accross the Flatlands of Norfolk and Suffolk. .. Excuse me shiver, whilst thinking of a job near stowmarket - Paint Factory under explosive standards - lots of small timber workshops with many yards of howling Snowy gales between the sheds, across acres of ex-USAF Airfield. On days like this, its good not to go to work.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Sorry, I've been busy. The plumber came to fit my new shower this morning so I had to be up for that, Had another round of tonight's quiz to prepare, reply sheets, a nurse appointment to miss, remake then miss again while I was stocking up on fruit. Picked up, edited and inserted a couple of articles in the magazine, extracted the broken shower from the bin, then went to the quiz and asked 80 questions giving answers. A hour's viola practice for tomorrow's gig, then I can go to bed. I feel quite cold and very tired.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I typed in here earlier ... Nothing of consequence, but now I cannot find it..

Perhaps I needs my Bumps felt or something...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It's the Internet grinch. It loves brilliant philosophical posts and chews them up with relish! I sometimes get them back using the forward button.

The craziness is almost over now that the orchestra gig is over. The leader had noticed more strength in the harmony section, but I still told her about the viola. It was quite tiring, because it's a bigger heavier instrument and we played 15 pieces, more than twice as many as our usual output. Most were hymns, but each had several verses.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

OK, See if this one works....
The Orchestra is over, Was it a Thatre or a Church hall, Will you be doing a second programme?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It was in the garden room of the local community hospital. There was a carol service. We have been there a few times now, Easter, Harvest festival, Remembrance Sunday. We usually play for the local church service one Sunday each month. We aren't brilliant, but we aren't too bad either. Before they started installing organs, the music was usually played by parishioners, so it's nice to keep up the tradition. I'm just keeping my hand in. I originally joined because I had a violin that I wanted to start playing again after nearly 60 years, and thought being in a band would mean I'd have to practice.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

We'll be there again soon.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Just got back - got a new toy for Ginger George - after 20 Minutes the Battery expired (Toy, not cat). Glads I don't "Do" christmas with all those batteries?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Maybe he'll still like playing with it anyway. Sounds as though it was a success while it lasted.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Our Chandra gets endless entertainment out of: bottle caps, corks, and snack packets. Especially the latter: while eating a bag of crisps or anything like that, he sits there watching ... when done, we have to roll the bag up, tie it into a knot, and then it's his toy! He hunts them, drowns them in the water dish ... no end of entertainment for him :-). And no batteries ...
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh that's good, An Tarbh Dubh. Rocky would do all that (once you've got him down from the Curtain Pelmet), but I think Georges Life was very much subdued in his Childhood - His first "Owner" was an elderly Lady Who's dementia was getting to her, and George Likes to hide under the Furniture. He isn't confident enough to walk across my Puter when He Yells for Service.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I think I've finally caught up. The cleaners have been and I've given them their presents, which I wrapped while they were busy. Carol Service last night and nearly all the Christmas cards delivered to congregation. Just a light shopping trip or two this arvo and tomorrow, and I'm organised! Flying visit to the Midlands and sort out presents and do final food shopping and I'm sorted.

My radiators were steadily getting colder and colder and the plumber arrived this morning. There was a leak in the system, possibly caused by the service engineer. He's humming happily, so all seems to be under control. He had said when he fitted the shower that he didn't do central heating. He knows what he's doing. He sorted it all out and tightened the things that were loose. Probably the best Christmas present I could have had.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh, Its Christmas soon innit? I suspose I'd better buy a Christmas card or two ..... assuming that I can unearth my address book.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Maybe you could start an electronic one. I've kept mine on my email program for a number of years. I had various diaries to supplement my paper one. Reminderfox kept having amnesia, Outlook couldn't pick up appointments from the Emis GP appointment system, so I'm using Google. It works well with my Android phone as well.

Cassie went off on one again this morning. The sheep looked calm enough, so she wasn't there. She's back now, so we can go off once I've wrapped the presents etc.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I has a computer lying dead pending me unloading it if I could repair it, which is as much work as getting it working.
A lovely Lady bought me a Filofile some Christmaces ago, but it was never big enough to ho;ld all of my addresses (it did of course included my potential work) - Must find my address book - which is under the heap of de------cluttering. Oh yes,
Which reminds me. I was "Link-man" for the East London and Essex corner of a London social club. (You would have seen it advertising in "Time out" if you remember that). Still got pages of out-date addresses (or de-ceased) that I should destroy ...

Blast - pootering is reviving the problems from when I spilled water in it.
Now the postman knocked and I spilt my coffee into the same pooter. Think I'll go back to bed....... No, Cant, Got a suggestion to get my "pills" elsewhere.. Gotta go to next town...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I'm tired from driving to Warwick, Birmingham and Leominster then home. I'm having a lazy day, just pottering about and Cassie is trying hard to rest more than me. No contest! She won't lie down and sleep on journeys, so she gets more tired than me.

I ordered my pills at the end of November, so I wouldn't run out at Christmas. If I'm running out, I forget to take them, so I have to keep up.

A Demain
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

You did better than me - tried different Docs - Been given a wodge of forms to fill in, but it will take weeks, and possibly end withDoc Being Directed to the Fake address... not much chance of Podiatry finding me at my real address with appointments.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

This is a disgrace! Could you ask Podiatry to go to the nearest pub and you can go and guide them in from there? I think I'd stop paying the rates/Council Tax until they come to their senses
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I have stopped paying Council Tax... A Particular Counciller is backing me to remind the Council and the court that The High Court has already denied the councils ability to change in-perpetua house numbers. But it will take weeks. Something to do with Ambulance and Fire Engines would not allow willy-nilly changes of addresses they need to find. (1925 Act, when the Survivors from WW I had learned to drive, and had experiences of delaying their actions).
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Oh good! I hope normality will be restored ASAP.