Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

SpringDragon
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Re: Let's start a Friday thread

Post by SpringDragon »

Hello Happy Gentle Folk.....

I see we have moved on and today is now Friday..... YAY.... TGIF in perpetuum.... Or should that be in perpetuity?.... Answers on Saturday maybe?....

I also note that I have returned to the fold at a point when we mostly seem to be admitting to being unstable and prone to falling about at the drop of a hat..... I certainly feel completely at home here....

I shall probably sit quietly in the corner for a whle longer listening to the gentle murmur of your voices and smiling at fond memories of car rallies, motorcycle rallies and the joys of Driving To Worrk.... Treasure Hunts are great fun.... Quite challenging on a solo M/C though....

Wonderful to hear Twells so bright and chirpy and glad you have all been having happy times and enjoying The English Summer..... Long may it continue.... A little less wind would be nice round here.... I believe it would be welcomed with open arms elsewhere....

I am now the proud owner of one Bright White Shiny New Eye..... How amazing it was when the pad came off and I could see the crisp, clear clean world.... Made even more amazing by the huge flock of Swallows in the clear blue sky above and the mass of gorgeous flowers in the garden...... I always say that the light around Beautiful Bognor is some of the clearest in England.... It's even more beautiful now..... Hopefully in a month the left one should be working properly too.....

Legs are on the mend and walking OK again on sticks.... But I'm banned from going solo.... for the time being.... Prorbably sensible.... Sigh....

I have seen that Brian has started a Cricket Thread..... YAY... I shall make my way there soon to express my great joy at the victory for Pakistan.... Well deserved, beautifully crafted and great for the sport.... I do love it when the underdog wins.... And in such style....

That's about my quota of typing words for today.....

So I shall bid you all a pleasant, sunny Friday afternoon and catch you further down the log..... As we used to say in Amateur Radio Land.... 73's and 88's.... >>>>>>>>
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hello there, Spring Dragon..
Excuse my slowness, I'm trying to grasp the effects of "Bright shiny New Eye".. Must be a wonderful feeling.
Assume you are still indoors.. When will you go out? .. No, OK, Don't rush.. When you get into your next Typing Mode. Best Wishes ...
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Hi SD ... with this weather is it not time for you to become a Summer Dragon? However briefly?

Warm and overcast here this morning, but not (yet anyway) as hot and muggy as yesterday. And it's almost Friday again!

Admin notes: There is an inactive "SummersDragon" user account that has never been used, and that you might have forgotten about - would you like me to remove it? You can change your own username, according to the season, the phase of the moon, or whatever else you wish, but if there's an inactive account named "SummersDragon" you wouldn't be able to use that name :-(.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning all. Rather dull and overcast morning here on the Western Edge of the Black Country. However, it remains warm. Thorms are expected later in the morning.

Back still giving me some pain following my fall last week but, it's better than it was. Hoping to go on an Action Heart Walk tomorrow, my first since returning from holiday.

Little bit of shopping this morning and then, a quiet day.

Enjoy your days people.
SpringDragon
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Post by SpringDragon »

"Thunderbolts and Lightning, very, very frightening....." 'Tis oikin' it down here with hard white pellets of hail...... It's dark and gloomy and there is no sky in the cloud.... What was that you were saying about me donning my Summer Robes, Boss?.....

Belated Solstice Greetings to one and all..... Well, maybe not really belated....

Was that me trying to create a Logon recently then ATB?.... Surely nobody else would nick my monniker would they?.... Yes.... Please could you delete it and I shall shuffle into SummersDragon mode and attempt to upload a suitable Avatar to go with it....

Take care of that Back, Brian..... Backs are not to be messed about with.....
Threewellsofmyown
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Threewellsofmyown »

Good morning good folk

I am going to have fun today

I will be eco printing at my crafty group using natural dyes and eucalyptus leaves I "stole" from a friend's garden

I took a wee handful of leaves from a five metre tall tree so I was not exactly greedy

And I had asked permission

Dragon dear one have you had a cataract done (thus explaining your shiny new eye)?

I hope it works well for you
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

SpringDragon wrote:Was that me trying to create a Logon recently then ATB?.... Surely nobody else would nick my monniker would they?.... Yes.... Please could you delete it and I shall shuffle into SummersDragon mode and attempt to upload a suitable Avatar to go with it....
No, I'm pretty certain it wasn't anything sinister, just a "glitch" in access. OK so, the unwanted "shadow" has been dismissed, you're free to don whatever robes you wish :-)

Brian, likewise: mind that back! No single-handed meadow-mowing .....
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

It's been raining here. Not your chucking it down or, raining stair-rods, more like a couple of hours of drizzle. Not much for the garden.

Thanks for the concern about the back. I don't 'do' backs as a general rule. The fall did the damage. Even so, I'll live.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning all.

Rather cloudy here this morning. It's also somewhat cooler too but, not unpleasantly so however. It seems to be the right sort of day for a walk with the Action Heart Group. I should say that, as far as I am awareI don't have any form of heart problem. The idea of the walks is preventative rather than curative. We do however have several members who have had by-passes and/or stents fitted.

As most of the 15 to 20 miles that I normally walk every week, is a solo enterprise, it's quite pleasant to walk with company. It becomes a social event. There are eight different starting points but, there are a variety of routes from each starting point.

Because of the back pain that developed following my fall last week, it's my first 'serious' walk for several days. Hopefully, there will be no ill effects and, I can resume my normal weekly walking routine.

Enjoy your days people.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Enjoy the walk! Something I should do more of, and not just the occasional day I'm in the city.

Happy Friday - the thread title matches the day again :-)
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Happy Friday! Walking, an almost forgotten pleasure. I had to forgo the chance yesterday because I couldn't open the tailgate and had to come home to extract the dog by other means. A trip to the locksmith this afternoon beckons, if the handyman can't help.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Hopefully a dose of WD40 will do the trick - or a friendly local mechanic, if handyman doesn't.

It's a "soft" day here. A good Irish phrase that means the rain is so fine you don't really realise it's raining - until (after about 3 seconds) you are totally soaked through to the bone. And of course the scenery-thief has been about, the whole world is about 50 feet in radius!
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Tried several attempts to get in here... I bet them Mustard People from t'other end of town are stealin all our Connections... See yer later.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Gawd, Innit quiet... Was it something I said?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

No, I forgot to ask the handyman, intending to go and ask the locksmith, and didn't go out at all. I used the WD40, lots of it, but it was at the striker plate end not the lock end, which was operating the central locking with commendable and prompt set of clicks. Usually, when I lock the tailgate, all the doors lock, but if I lock the front doors, only the passenger compartment locks and the tailgate can be opened without unlocking. I suspect something got wedged and is preventing the striker plate from releasing. I need to clear it in case I need to get at the spare wheel. I'm not at all agile for now. If all else fails, I'll get the mechanic to try when he does the cam on Monday. He won't welcome that so I'll hope to get it resolved by then.

My new office chair arrived, and I've been struggling to line up the holes in the seat with the screws and the slots fixed to the back. The thread is a bit hit and miss so I've decided to try again in the morning when the light is better. I bought another because this one has developed the wheeze of subsiding when I sit on it . Since I decided to replace it, it has decided to behave itself. I have stiffened up and can hardly walk, so crawled in here to rest a bit.

Lynnie's poor 93 year old dad has given up the ghost, and while I'm very sorry for her I can't help feeling relieved on her behalf. He was struggling with dementia and deafness caused by cancer of the roof of the mouth, and he wasn't enjoying it at all.

Have a nice weekend.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Shant comment oon modern cars... Got a bit confused without the bloke with the red flag.

But to get Serious. I have very much Missed keeping up with Lynnie. Afraid all the Board Changes has come at an immapropriate time.. What Board have you found her on as I'd like to Express Sympathy.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I didn't, GLO. It was reported in Peets by someone else, (not Someone Else, the mod), Dunlurkin I think.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good afternoon all.

So sorry to read of LynnieP's dad. It's very sad but, in some ways a blessing. He had dementia and, was fairly recently diagnosed with cancer in his mouth.
chara
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by chara »

Hello, I posted in the wrong thread last night.

Two of my visitors are now in Kilkee, heading to East Clare tomorrow so I have been looking at pictures and plans for a coast walk with a lot of envy. I hope to get more regular with posting if I ever get sorted. Now I must get shoes on and take the dogs for a walk while I listen to the Archers.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Is it Friday??? Oh good, I'd hated monday and Tuesaday.