Post by Bah Humbug »

Hello!
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Bah Humbug wrote:Hello!
And who might his be? While we do allow "guest" posting, as all guest posts are subject to pre-moderation it would be helpful to say a little more than simply "Hello"!
Bah Humbug

Post by Bah Humbug »

I thought I had registered, but seem to be struggling..help please?
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Bah Humbug wrote:I thought I had registered, but seem to be struggling..help please?
Ah, you would be "g2s" (that's just an abbreviation) ? Looks like you are, indeed, registered ... but haven't logged in, thasorl! When you login, there's a "Remember Me" check box, below the Username and Password boxes on the "Login" page. Check that, and then click "Login", and you should be good to go.
Goodytwoshoes
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Goodytwoshoes »

Hopefully I'm good to go now.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Goodytwoshoes wrote:Hopefully I'm good to go now.
Yep ... sorry about the pre-mod delay, we were having a bit of a run-in with a DELIGHTFUL (not) lady in the supermarket car-park, who seemed to have difficulty understanding why we were bothered by her parking ... so badly that she'd used up TWO (yes, TWO) disabled parking spaces (no, she didn't have a blue badge). She was in a right flap ... but only because I said it would be a good photograph to post on Farce-book! (as if .....)

BTW, you'll not be pre-modded anymore :-)
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning friends. Greetings and welcome to G2S.

Currently I'm in Avignon on the final full day of what has been a wonderful cruise down the River Rhône. In the past week, we have had just one 24 hour period during which the weather hasn't been warm (hot even) and sunny.

The food has been out of this world. In fact, it has been like travelling in a floating 5* hotel.

Sadly, we begin our train journey home tomorrow.

See you all soon and, I hope that all of you have a wonderful Wednesday.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Post by Will the Pedlar »

Good Morning All,

After a rough (high gusty winds and rain) night, more akin to October than June. At the moment it's still breezy, but there is a lot of blue sky and some sunshine about, so I'm not complaining.

Glad to hear you are having a good trip over on the other side of the wet-stuff, Brian. I was over there two years ago, visiting my brother and his family near Toulouse - they've lived there for decades. His wife is French as are his kids. - TBH, so is he in my opinion.
I borrowed an RV and motored down the east side of Paris as far as the lumpy bits, then cut across and down to Toulouse. Glorious weather it was.

Safe journey home.

Will.
maggiesaes

Post by maggiesaes »

I am confused but think I'm here.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

G' Morning each... (Bleary-eyed, Sleepy yawns).
Heating on, Duvet returned to my bed.

Sorry that Brians Holiday is so soon over: It's causing me to revive a wanderlust.

And for something Completely Different... The County Justice Dept are again offering some miscreants to de-weed my Garden. Has anybody had experience of such service?
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

maggiesaes wrote:I am confused but think I'm here.
You are posting, but as a "guest": you haven't registered as a "user". That's OK, you're allowed do that, but registered users can do a lot more (as a guest, every post is in pre-mod; guests can't use avatars, private messages, and so on).
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

GLO, when I was working for a residential home in Birmingham, we had a group of youths on remand to work in the garden. The first time, their leader knew how to garden and directed them well, so the weeds disappeared and the things we wanted to keep remained. The next time we had them there was a different leader and they went across the place like a plague of locusts. Scorched earth was the phrase that leaped to mind. So yes, they can be very good. Just ask the questions about who they have as a team leader. It's a good cheap option if you want it dug over ready for all new stuff.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I'm sure I replied, Rwth... but cant see it? I think what I said was that their bossy bosswoman was touting to do decorating, but "Decorating" just means Painting - No mention of Wallpaper..
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

You did say at first 'de-weed' your garden, but if they do painting, you could have your skirting boards and doors done, and maybe one or two might fancy paperhanging too. Once the gloss work has been done, that's a good start.

I'm going to go and vote some time today, and will try and sleep a lot. It's a fast day, and I will not stay up to hear the results. Far too exciting for me. (Please read disappointing, going on recent experience).
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Voted (postal vote - usually working away - both in Real work, and in Presiding elsewhere). Got problems in all directions here ... I'd better get "Things Done?".
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Here's to all those who exercised their franchise ... and hoping for a good outcome! Sadly, I'm afraid the politicians will get in ;-)

Rough day here. I took 3Wells for her review appointment with the spinal surgeon after her recent hospitalisation - after a while, he sort of said this isn't too good, further investigation is called for. I asked when, saying 3Wells had another "procedure" arranged for early July - his reply was "today" as he reached for the phone to call admissions. Anyway - she's keeping her spirits up, although she is understandably somewhat apprehensive (as am I).

I'm going to suggest that someone - GLO, Rwth, or Will - try and get it through to the "mob on the life-raft" that they REALLY need to get the **** out of there: trolls and spam-bots (wot WILL find the place, with all the activity going on) may be irritating but can be ignored, the REAL problem is that all this gay activity on a totally unmoderated and unregulated message board is just about as safe as having a splash party in a shark pool. Especially given the typical user profile - not so young, and generally technically very naive (those on here are a bit more tech savvy, I think!) - they are "prime meat" for phishermen. And they're broadcasting all the information needed for "phishing": especially indicators (vis. "the stress support thread") as to who is likely to be most vulnerable. All they have lost to date is their "cyber" playground: they are risking losing their real, bricks-and-mortar homes, their hard-earned savings, and a lot more. And they're fawning over "angie" for all her "hard work with proboards support": with a small fraction of the effort she's put in to getting control of this abandoned forum, she should (very easily - really, really, very easily) have already set up a private Proboards forum, with safe membership admission. And since they're dedicated followers of the "Gospel according to Saint Scarlett", they're certainly not going to listen to me. There's a lot more to the risks, but what I've said should be enough ....
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi,
Its very difficult to ask about another person's illness without being intrusive, probably exacerpated by the knowledge that I won't understand any techy details. Of course I send my best wishes and regards. I'm aware of her ailments over the years and hope a permanent relief can be found.
Is Threewells going to the Hospital that she was recently in.. and is it within easy reach from your home? I know at one time she was going to Dublin. (You've possibly Guessed that my Geography is not A1).

Re the polls .. I am reminded of an Autralian Families Infant schoolgirl who said Thoughtfully: "It doesn't matter who you vote for, you only end up with a Politician". (why doesn't this thread have Italics).
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

OK, Pootering matters doesn't need to be on the same post as important stuff like 3W medicals.

I was a little alarmed today when someone suggested that we all send our e-mail addresses so that we can "Reconvene" - (which most of us did). Later it was suggested that we delete what we had posted and somebody "Saved them somewhere safe". Fine in principle and I deleted my posts and the return post (of everbody's posts) thus deleting the entire thread.. BUT... when I received another post, the whole thread Re-appeared. I am assured this would be deleted Tomorrow Morning (Fri).
OK, I'm far from happy about this, but I've made another discovery. .. If one goes to the "Hard-Hat close down post", there are buttons on the bottom of that page showing Access to ones Proboard psts. Mine stopped from the boards closedown, but a new show of my posts on the "New Thread" thus, I cannot see any deletions that can kill off the Proboard postings in the "New Board".
I'm thinking it may be beneficial to Kill off my present e-mail supplier and open elsewhere.. You will also understand my reluctance to advertise this possible weekness by reporting that to all concerned.
Lastly (Yes I know you have 3w much on your mind, so I will not go much further). I will turn off this pooter, but contact everybody from a Library Pooter (County Hall has much better protection than my "McAfee Security". Then Close this e-mail address).
I'll make a "form of Words to put this to the others.

PS, I note that people more Techy than me (i.e., everyone), have kept their distance, and I have stopped contacting on other threads (Peets, Faceache) that we were looking for. Glo
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

This what I posted to the Liferaft. tonight.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

This what I posted to the Liferaft. tonight.
a few seconds ago
Edit
Post Options
Post by goodlookingone on a few seconds ago
Oh dear... This is Difficult. Over the course of today (Yesterday, Thurs 8th). I have become very Discombulated.
Firstly We don't have any Gatekeeper.
Secondly we have sent all our e-mail addresses WITHOUT a Gatekeeper.
Thirdly I've been Skulking and found that there is another record of our exchanges (including all those e-mail addresses). Blank at the end of Smeesues Board and recomencing at our start in this thread - all of my posts/messages, so the same of everybody else.. It seems to me that whatever can be deleted from here, they are easily accesible directly from Proboards Records which are open - think how easily a pooter savvy schoolboy could manage (especially if he has better connection than me) - no doubt how Smeesue expects where the Archived records to be extracted. I'm VERY tempted to change my e-mail. Probably later today.
I very much appreciate Angie reconnecting us, but I feel we are playing with fire, but I really think we should all discontinue our connection addresses. We have just published them to every rapscallion in the world. Especcially Angie. I'd Love to hear that Angie, our saviour has got us "Safe Passage" but each hour that passes worries me just too much.

Angie, Is it possible/practical/economic to get a Virgin board, not an old resurrected one, with a Gatekeeper before we move on.. I know this is a lot of work for our techy people, especially Angie.

At the risk of being a Killjoy, I am going to desist from usherring others over here.

Why am I still here... I should be abed.. Perhaps I'll be more Congenial in the a.m.

Goodnight each.

Oh Bugger.. My connection conked out... I'll see if I can

save this before rebooting...

$th attempt at posting - Middle of the night