Good Morning all Monday 5 June

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Good Morning all Monday 5 June

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I'm being a bit cheeky starting a new thread in the event of a bit of a cataclysmic bump of Sue's closing during the night. About time for those with a life that they couldn't quite get around to.

If anyone arrives from there instead of Peets, Just a welcome. This place is gentle and meandering and there are some very nice people here.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Good Morning all Monday 5 June

Post by goodlookingone »

Hello there, Rwth.
Yes, - cataclysmic is a good word. I'm sure there must have been things on one of the threads that made Life Difficult for Smeesue: I wonder if there were Proboards "Rules" have been offended?

Waited in all morn for the Lectrickery bod. No Show.

Glo
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Why they can't say "I know I'll be busy until 11 so you can go and get stuff in before they arrive, I don't know.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

He called Friday, left a card with a 5th June 0800 - 1200 Appoint. they havn't read/tested the meters for years, and it would be convenient to get an official reading as that Nice Lady in the CAB is shopping round for a cheaper service.
I still get words wrong, so try to avoid Phoning (and make loadsa Mistakes on these boards). Nevermind...
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Good Bank Holiday [in Ireland] Monday.

Sad to say, I'm not too surprised at "the closure"; it's the totally innocent folk who have real difficulty posting in Peets that I feel most sorry for. I'm not going to comment any further.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Post by Will the Pedlar »

Hi Rwth, GLO and ATD,

I can't say I'm that surprised to hear about it closing either. But I left last year so it doesn't affect me.

It's quality not quantity on this board, Rwth. :-)

Will.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi, Will...
I am being belaboured in Peets.. Not complaining, but just hexplaining why Smeesue's was easier to use than Peets... Unfortunately it took a while before I could get a connection to Peets to reply.....

I have wasted today .... so to make up, I'll waste the Evening too....
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Ignore them GLO. The software used on Peet's is quite ancient and would probably take far too much time to bring up to current spec. Even if it were possible.

I haven't totally wasted today - in spite of my best efforts. I shall certainly try much harder to waste this evening.

Will.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Will the Pedlar wrote:Ignore them GLO. The software used on Peet's is quite ancient and would probably take far too much time to bring up to current spec. Even if it were possible.

I haven't totally wasted today - in spite of my best efforts. I shall certainly try much harder to waste this evening.

Will.
Yep, it's ancient all right! But a big part of the original reason for Peet & Bob (RIP) setting the place up was the imminent threat by the BBC to "update" their beloved in-house board software, with all it's cute quirks, to something a little more "standard" and slightly (just slightly) less antediluvian. The guiding principle is "never remove a feature that anyone is using", and "if you add or change something, let users choose whether they want to use it or not". There's nothing secret about that; it's on Peet's "blog" at the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thearchers/e ... 4753a99455

It would be possible to upgrade to, for example, the message-board software I use here: but, whoever did it, would really need to have a confirmed, valid, pre-paid ticket for an imminent interstellar departure, preferably to another galaxy! Even that probably wouldn't be enough, the Ghost of Bob would follow through hyperspace ;-)
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

And! The answer would still be 42 and wrong. :-)
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Been AWOL,
I got waylaid into a "Memories" thread, and Hence into a "What street wree you brought up in", One has to keep going back to the start every 50 or so names - .. Now That is what one can call a wasted day...