Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Re: Another Good Morning to All

Post by Brians Cravat »

Goood morning everyone.

As forecast, the day has begun grey and wet here on the Western edge of the Black Country. If the forecast remains accurate, this is with us for the remainder of daylight hours. As I indicated last night, we have a couple of errands to carry out. Whether we decide to do so today remains a matter of conjecture. Alternative activities are available. A trip to Merry Hill may be arranged at short notice. I need a few things for our holiday in a couple of weeks. Further, watching the currency markets, the sooner were obtain our Euros, the better.

Later, we will be collecting our granddaughters from school.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Post by Will the Pedlar »

Good afternoon All,

Tied up again today, not been back long. Missed saying hello to Dragon and Rwth during my very brief visit yesterday. Most remiss of me.
Good afternoon, ladies. Sorry about that.

This is proving to be a far busier week than anticipated. Tomorrow is free at the moment and if it is indeed dry, I want to finish cutting the tops off some small trees, in the garden. Friday I'm going to a funeral of an ex-colleague. I seem to have lost a lot of those, this last year. I'm going to have to start pinching myself at least once a week, to make sure I'm still here. :)
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

A day of pooter disconnection, Doc Visits, unbelievable tiredness, I'll be AWOL to sleep soon. Best wishes to all - will catch up tomorrow
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning to all.

A lovely morning (At least at the moment) here in the Black Country. Good wishes to all of you.

Busy day ahead here. We have a couple of errands postponed from yesterday, with a little light shopping en route. Maybe we'll start planting up our summer tubs and hanging baskets later.

Enjoy your day people.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Sunny and dry here. I cut back two catkin trees, in the hedge at the side of me and bent them over to train them for filling a weak part of the hedge. If I've done it right, it should grow in with the rest of the hedge and strengthen it by this time next year.

Came in now to have a snack-lunch - cheese and crackers. I see it's clouding over a bit more. Hope it doesn't rain.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Have I driven everybody away again?

It's a knack I have. :)
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Not at all! I'm a little quiet, suffering from a bit of a viral infection (me, not my computers - they're fine!). And 3Wells is recovering well, I'm pleased to say.

Mostly dull, grey, cool-ish, humid ... some showers of rain. And some all-too-brief but nice sunny spells.
SpringDragon

Post by SpringDragon »

Hello...

Not your fault Wills... Been trying to get in as a legal member....

I've been trying to register but keep getting error messages.... The code always comes up as invalid even though it's definitely right... I know my eyes are garbage ATM... But not THAT bad...

Please Twellsy... Can you sort it out... Or ordain that it should be sorted out.... Pretty please...

Hope the Shingles are less painful/irritating/Itchy/uncomfortable....

I have been informed that I am going to see (ha ha) a supposedly very nice man... (ha ha) who is going to shoot holes into my irises..... Or should that be iriseye.... I just hope he isn't feeling in a trigger happy mood when the time comes.... Gulp....

Sun has been shining since lunchtime.... First time for quite a while.... And the gale force winds have dropped.... The world is very pleasant again....

Happy Weekend wished for one and all...
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

SpringDragon wrote:Hello...

Not your fault Wills... Been trying to get in as a legal member....

I've been trying to register but keep getting error messages.... The code always comes up as invalid even though it's definitely right... I know my eyes are garbage ATM... But not THAT bad...

Please Twellsy... Can you sort it out... Or ordain that it should be sorted out.... Pretty please...

Hope the Shingles are less painful/irritating/Itchy/uncomfortable....

I have been informed that I am going to see (ha ha) a supposedly very nice man... (ha ha) who is going to shoot holes into my irises..... Or should that be iriseye.... I just hope he isn't feeling in a trigger happy mood when the time comes.... Gulp....

Sun has been shining since lunchtime.... First time for quite a while.... And the gale force winds have dropped.... The world is very pleasant again....

Happy Weekend wished for one and all...
I'll take a look at the logs, see if I can see any reason for registration difficulties. Is it the "captcha" that's getting you? If it is, I can try turning it off for a short period ... there's enough other defences against nasties (and no, I don't mean dragons! They're welcome!) that I can turn the captcha off for a wee while.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh, Hello, again ..Yup, I had pooteratio0n problems. Pooter Security interfered and requested an extra scan.. No problems found,
A couple of days ago I had a missive (alledgedly) from Firefox suggested an immediate block. Then McAfee, told me it was a"Dubious" origin.
SpringDragon

Post by SpringDragon »

Evening GLO and ATD.... I'm so pleased that Dagons are welcome here.... Mind you... If you can put up with Polar Bears.... Well.... Don't suppose anybody has seen The Unicorn recently.... Or The Praying Mantis.... Any Mermaids about?

Aye Boss... It's the Captcha thing that I can't get past at registration.... Though it isn't the least bit grumpy when I come in here as a guest.... Obviously... Or you wouldn't be able to see me at all.... Although I'm guesting on an ancient Linux machine and was trying to be official on a more modern Lenovo tablet....

I shall give registration a go on this old box and let you know if I succeed....

Night night... as Zebedee was known to say.... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
SpringDragon
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Post by SpringDragon »

YAY....

Thank you ATD.... I have escaped from the Norty Step and am a fully fledged Member of The Communiy...

Good morning from a vaguely sunny (West) Sussex By The Sea.... We have our own song about Sussex By The Sea.... And also discovered last week that Bognor has it's own official March Tune.... Very stirring it is too....

Hope sun shines for everybody....
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Well done! Since we know who you are, you will be sprung from new user pre-mod just as soon as I get to my PC, I can't do that from my phone [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Edited to add: you're now "sprung"-Dragon, no more pre-mod :-)]
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Hi Dragon,

Only the very best people are members here (I sneaked in when nobody was looking).
Did you see that Dutch King on the news mid-week, who works part-time as an airline pilot?
Even he would probably have to serve a probationary period if he joined us. :)

Good Morning/Afternoon/etc. To anybody who appears on here, between now and my next visit.

p.s. ATD, might I recommend some virus inebriation liquid, to help fight that viral infection. The 70% proof stuff is good. ;)
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Traditional Irish 'flu remedy: one hat, and one bottle of whiskey (note the spelling!). Place the hat at the end of the bed. Drink the whiskey until the hat moves.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

;) And if the hat doesn't move keep drinking the good stuff until it does.

You mean there is another spelling for whiskey? I suppose that is for the fake stuff from Scotland.
I'm a fan of Bushmills and Jamesons. Jamesons Redbreast for special occasions.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Dutch King?
An English "Future" King parked his 'coptor on a school playing field to do his Air Ambulance bit to pick up a Builder who had fallen through a collapsing building - Press reporter was more concerned about The Helicoptor driver than the poor sod needing attention. ....... Thinks, When I was working, the coptor had limited capacity so both of the two-man crew were both pilot/navigator/radioman AND Doctor/Surgeon/ambulancemen.. You left the local Fuzz to keep prying kids off of the airyplane.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Yes, GLO. Dutch King.

You might have missed the story. If so, it's here.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39946532
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Didn't know Wills was retiring.. He was playing helicoptors round here a few weeks ago.

Neares I got to anything interesting was sitting in the train drivers seat..
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Have you been in a helicopter, GLO?

They're good fun.