Miscellany: New Year, 2017

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Miscellany: New Year, 2017

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

2017 is a prime number. So what mystical meaning can be attached to this?
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Miscellany: New Year, 2017

Post by goodlookingone »

Mystical????? Perhaps I'll go up to that Tea shop where the Coven Meets. (Broomsticks parked over the Airfield perimeter fence). They are bound to know the Mystical stuff...
you know me

Post by you know me »

So this is where you lot are hiding.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Is that you: Whatsername.
The last time someone insisted that They Knew me? So I aked for the Fiver He owed me.. That's when He remembered his Mistake.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Oh dear, looks like Peet's is down ... just throwing errors since shortly before noon. Hope Peet is OK.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Lady M reported on Faceache that a "Server" (whatever that is) has broken down. Afraid I rather lost the thread of Peeps latest Medical Probs.. Sometime difficult to get into Peets.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

From the error shown, it looks like a database problem: it's possible that the database is a separate VM but since this is a sort-of dedicated server (probably a virtual one ... but that's a guess!), so it can support ancient and generally unsupported versions of packages, I'd expect the DB server to be on the same machine (or virtual machine). Well, let's wait and hope it can be brought back to life! The thought of people being forced to use a site which has culled over 80% of it's users as a matter of "policy" isn't nice :-(.
Threewellsofmyown
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Threewellsofmyown »

Boo!

I'm watching you lot
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Did it cull 80%? Even Peet himself has only been culled 30%. Sorry if that's in bad taste. He hasn't been in evidence, and nobody has reported how he is for several months now. With Rod in hospital waiting patiently for surgery, one would like a general check round of those who have been very ill lately to see how they are, not forgetting 3 Wells of course. I hope she is flourishing or making progress at least. It's not compulsory. One tends to plateau from time to time, and it's only later on that one realises that one is much better than a month ago. For me, I suddenly notice that I did my usual walk with less effort or don't remember struggling up the hill, but did it more easily.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Actually it's not 80% culled, it's 83.5% - but 80% is a good enough approximation!

I gather Peet's been very unwell again, don't really have any more info. Everyone's wishing him the best, but I don't think he'll be diving into site diagnostics any time soon. 3Wells is at least keeping out of hospital ... but only just, she's still suffering the after-effects of her bout of pneumonia last year. Being kept under VERY close supervision by the doc. Given the prevalence of winter bugs I'm sure there's quite a few more "under the weather", but here's wishing everyone who is a speedy recovery.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Give her my love and best wishes.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

In fact all the boards seems to be "Difficult" tonight. Of course, It could be a local link. I'm giving up for today. Goodnight each.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Well, Peet's is back now :-)
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I have just recommended this board to Brian's Cravat and Mrs Pankhurst. Let's hope they have a look in.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Well, everyone's welcome ... but it's more sort of an "emergency gathering place", with room for a little quiet chatting :-)
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good evening everyone. I'm impressed what you've done with the place. I hope that you're OK Wellsfy. Long time no see. Obviously, I run into Rwth and GLO elsewhere. Guess I'll figure out how things wrk in here.

Enjoy your evenings everyone.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Mustardland meet in Birmingham tomorrow and, I'm really looking forward to it. Lots of friends due to be there plus some posters that I've not met before.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Brians Cravat wrote:Good evening everyone. I'm impressed what you've done with the place. I hope that you're OK Wellsy. Long time no see. Obviously, I run into Rwth and GLO elsewhere. Guess I'll figure out how things wrk in here.

Enjoy your evenings everyone.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Hope everyone's having a good week-end, it's a lovely morning in County Kerry where I am, for a rally: rather fewer entries that we'd like to see, but at least it's a fine spring day!
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning everyone. Lovely start to the day here, close to the centre of England. I hope that all are as well as may be expected.

A good (albeit a busy one) weekend here at Castle Cravat. I spent a substantial part of Saturday at a Mustardland Meet held at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, meeting 'old' friends and new. Lots of smiles and laughter around the tables. I think that a good time was had by all. Just reminds you how wonderful many posters there are.

Some time was spent clearing the lounge out, in preparation for the decorators arriving this morning. I'm not into DIY. I'm into PSE (Pay Someone Else). Our decorators are two ladies. They always tidy up before they leave for the day and, do an excellent job.

For me, I 'm leaving OH in charge and, heading for my Art Group, a lovely sociable start to the week. It's my usual start to a week. It's lovely to be retired and, to do things that I want to do. There's no stress, no-one paying me to do it and, no-one telling me that I can't!

Our normal childcare duties are suspended for most of the week, due to the decorating. I shall miss both granddaughters. However, we make up for it next week, having both of them for three days.

Enjoy your days people.