Miscellany: Week Beginning ... September 26

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Miscellany: Week Beginning ... September 26

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Another week, another repair: this time it's memory on my "workstation" PC. So I'm working with reduced memory until replacement arrives, hopefully tomorrow. I guess I should be looking for server-grade memory since this workstation does run 24/7.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Re: Miscellany: Week Beginning ... September 26

Post by Will the Pedlar »

That sounds like fun. What you need is a Maplins in your nearest town. They have/had special offers on memory when I called in to the Hereford branch, a fortnight back.

A Maplins special offer, is when it reduces the price from its usual extortionate rate, to the price everybody else charges. :)
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Wish I could get a new summary
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Actually we do have Maplins ... they're in Limerick, and Galway, as well as Cork and Dublin. I visit them fairly regularly, as you say sometimes the offers can be quite good! But I generally get my memory from http://www.shop4memory.com ... I've found them very good. They're Irish based, prices are good, and usually orders sent by regular post (at no cost) arrive next day.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh Hell, Wheres the "Edit" button ..
Re my last post
Delete "Summary"
Add "Memory"

Must get Nursey to wash and iron my brain...
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Another week-end, another rally - this time a two-day International based in Cork, so 3Wells is with me! All very quiet so far ...

p.s. The "edit" button "disappears" after a short while (I think I have it set for 10 minutes); this is to allow corrections but to stop abuse such as had become rather too common "elsewhere". But since all currently here are "responsible", I'll work out how to re-enable editing for such people.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Responsible??????????

Enjoy the Rally, My Motoring is more sedate - Must get to Vintage car Expedition this(or next) month - Need the Vintage tyre maker...
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Post by Will the Pedlar »

An Tarbh Dubh wrote:http://www.shop4memory.com ... I've found them very good. They're Irish based, prices are good, and usually orders sent by regular post (at no cost) arrive next day.
That name rings a dim and distant bell. I think I may have mail ordered stuff from them.

I use mail order a lot. As a rule I'd sooner support small independent traders (wherever they are) than the larger chain-stores

Hope you had a fun rally.

Will.