Octogre and Conkers

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Octogre and Conkers

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I've just realised it's my turn to begin the new month.

I had a Newsletter from the Field Studies Council this morning. They offer fun courses of interest, but at my local, Nettleton Court it's Lichens or nothing. I've been on that so I'd have to go further afield. I noticed Tree Identification at the Epping Centre in Loughton. Whatever the level you do, they are spot on, as they do the field courses for the OU. I'll have another look and see what else is on. I have a couple of their identification keys which are laminated fold out guides filled with information. The keys cost £3 - £3.50, the courses a bit more.

My cleaners have been and I'm all nice and fresh.

I hope everyone else is well and having pleasing moments.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Octogre and Conkers

Post by goodlookingone »

OOPS, sorry, not been paying attention.
Had Hurty foot problems last week, and now just about OK. Might keep pills on for another 24Hrs., but I'm incredibly tired and getting nothing done. Must deal with insurers (Legal help, and a Window blown out???)

Epping Forest in Loughton HHmmnn.. One of my "occasional" colleagues had a nasty mishap there - He did some work for local church in their office. got up to leave his desk and a runaway car ran down the hill opposite until it demolished the office he was using. He seems to have retired from work, but was last seen as Yachting instructor with Boyscouts. Oh I wish I could be back at work - But I don't like the hundreds of miles drive. .. and unplanned hurty-foot occasions doesn't help. There is a (Yankee) outfit working in one of my old work offices (University College/Middlesex Hospital) on a treatment for Diabetes I have sent details- just to see if I ever get a reply posted to this address.

Looks like you are recovering from recent Hospital Treatments. I did read your texts about dietion needs (Yup, The office I shared with dieticians was at Middlesex Hospital).

Back in the 1980's/90's I was a Member of The Spare Time Club, and I used to be one of a gang of four, to plan, try, and lead Rambles mostly in Epping Forest - I wonder how much it has changed?? I have been following a thread on Facebook of My former home - Post-war house Building necessitated an Estate (Farms, Grounds of an old House, which itself was all that remained after being used for ack-ack emplacements. Most of the land acquired was Farmland, and the Gardens/Forest of the old House was our Playground. A group is establish to restore it to Park and Nature reserve. I'd like to get back for a look-round. I fear that the Deer that have "Claimed Possession" are far too many to perpetuate the ancient trees. The Successors of an Od House in Epping Forest is being asked to help on Gardening of the 1770's-1940's. I MUST get involved.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I hope that the details you sent included online access. If you want them to answer and receive their reply, it would seem to be obligatory. I hope your foot is less hurty.

I had my hip replacement on 20 September and am still hobbling around a bit, but getting stronger all the time. Our quiz team organiser died just after I got back and I have the job of organising teams for the rest of the season. As if editing the Parish magazine and being in the orchestra and choir weren't enough. I wouldn't have time to work at a job, or even to carry out contracts. Are you in Linked In? I have contacts, but the jobs they send me all seem to be in that there London.

I hope you find an activity that interests you. You are far too clever to let your noddle go to waste.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

weird day, innit?
I think whoever makes the weather was on overtime during the Night, And then, this morn: Bright blue sunlit sky coinciding with Noisy Brats outside my door (Is Today a special Saints day for Foulmouthed Kids to take a day off and exchange swears). Partly unheard by low-circulating Helicopter no idea why.
I have a second letter to send to insurers, A window/door (patio) got blown out - possibly because I had patio vents, and skylights both opened. As you know, address/post office are preventing me from supplementing repairs from my pocket, so I'm carefully exploring "Excess" clauses before I instruct insurers.

and then .. There is a Lady (even older than me) wanting help to arrange her Hospital transport to the Hospital in another town, So I am standing by my phone in the a.m.

and then .... One of my Facebook Links is to a group Who had been born in the same Evacuation Home (Thus I tell everybody that I was born in a Castle - But "Castle" was part of the name of the Town where our Grand House (And its famous grandiose stair entrance). Rather a startling post today, but it seems that her (or mine) facebook account being "hacked".
Thus I'll steer clear for a couple of days and get onto sorting about 23 posts (all re royal mail problems).

20 Days from Hip op.. about par from what I have heard, and from my NHS work - A Hospital in NW London developed the method - The (then) newly opened "The Graham Hill Centre".

The problem with work, is the difficulty of driving with random Hurty foot problems. I was last contacted for an Essex job (Don't fancy "Digs") about a month ago for a well known high-street pharmacy.

Activities... Not yet, Hands full at present.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Yes, your life is really curtailed at the moment. Why these Council people get pleasure from making people's lives a misery I don't know, but they do.

I hope you aren't getting the high winds we are subject to at the moment. It would be rotten to lose your window again so soon.

I went to a funeral yesterday after a very busy morning. This came after a self-indulgent evening watching the last two episodes of North and South on Netflix, which left me very tired to start with. I got back just in time to cancel my hairdresser's appointment and rearrange it for 2 week's time. He had done a very good job so it didn't really need to cut it again so soon. Then I went back on my bed for a downer. I've got all my bulbs for autumn now, barring some hyacinths for inside the house. I was about to complain about one order for plants that I hadn't received but then remembered the parcel I opened and left outside for planting. Oops! Life is pleasant now if a bit tiring. I've had a downer this afternoon, then had to get up to take my anti-clotting pills.5 more days of them, then I'm done.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Nice to catch up again, but you are reminding me that I haven't taken my p.m. pills.
Remind me: I have to go back to the apothecary in the Morning: Didn't have full measure on Friday so I have to go back with a "We owe you xxx pils" docket. The folly is, that since the nearest doc told me that "You do not exist" I have to go to a more distant one that does have my address from the borough's house existence. This only has a bus service of five buses a day on only 5 days a week. In an error of Shear stupidity, whilst waiting for the 'flu inoculation nurse (My second visit, they had insufficiently delivered numbers on my booked appoint), whilst waiting I went into their nearest apothecary, got on a long queue, which after half an hour I had to abandon to go back to nurse, which also was running late. Went back to the apothecary, and had to wait (until after the next homeward bound sparse bus had passed) to only get a part prescription.
I really must abandon all this and concentrate on insurer..
Oh, Bumped into local Councillor - now former Councillor - who was guiding me through complaint re address. He is now complying to my opinion that the solicitor I (and He) were wrong. He failed to get re-elected (I wonder if 420 households in this estate, and another number of subsiduary estates failed to get any Polling details?). He might try next year, or try for an "Independent MP". I did mention to him that I was the Presiding Officer who had to evict his colleague from my Polling Station at a Southend Vote. I am following "The Archers" as to how to get Pro Bono assistant. It was another MP (The boundary between Parliamentary polling is different to Council Polling) who has suggested to consider any insurance details and pro bono sphere of interests.

Goodnight - His Gingerness is shouting for food: Cat is a real Cockney alleycat wailer.... talking of which.. I am reminded of a real Cockney "Clients Man" I worked for (NHS). It seems that He is unwell which is a great shame as he was so easy to work with. His Brother (Who used his "Salt of the Earth" Commoner trait, as a pop singer) went and died earlier this month. Not that I met his Brother, but it is reminding me of how many good sound people have kicked their respective bucket).
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

There was a time when my father seemed to be becoming the last tree in the forest with all his mates kicking the bucket around him, but it settled down and he made it to 82 on account of the local hospital failing to recognise his symptoms of Leukaemia.

I hope that you resolve the matter of your correct address. I gather you may need an enforcing order to make the Council comply with the High Court Judgement. Maybe your neighbours will march on the Council to remind them they need to act. We have a small matter of a footpath which is just a pile of shifting stones covered by the sea at high tide because the owners of a few chalets don't like people walking in front of their view and have gated off the real path. County Hall have hidden the real map in one of their drawers in a basement.

I have two days left of rat poison, then I'm free! I suppose I'll have to drink more water and take long walks to improve my circulation.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I'm afraid you are touching on a nerve. My Cousin (who died on his 80th Birthday) was treated as polymyalgia. (I think there was a Suffix to that part of the word). He later was diagnosed as Leukaemia.... Too late.

No point in getting Neighbours involved, My original known Neighbours have Moved out and The current tenants are Renters from the original buyers. I Know Nothing of Enforcement Order, I have sent a missive to my House Insurers icluding some sort of legal cover (Because of Postal Problems I don't have an Update of Terms and Conditions), But I will Mention Enforcement Order. It's Very slow to rely on e-mailing to distant insurers, when any words I produce, I need a simplified explanation for them. BUT, Not today, I am more concerned about getting some money - I have only a small state Pension because a) I was self employed and b) because when I was in Local Gov, the alternative Local Gov Pension paid a better deal. (Don't Laugh - I SAID DONT Laugh) but that pension manager is actually in my old office. Whatever the History, I now have several small pensions - so if I fail to get/reply to mail they close the a/c.

Rat Pizen... That,s a bit Drastic...

Gotta go and raid Bank.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Re your advice on Enforcement. I have just added this to my e-mail Correspondence to My Insurers for their File to ... whoever their Legal People are. I hope it has a local contractor Legal Office. It is far too complicated to deal via E-mail and dissecting the legal points, although I do notice their transfer to Legal dept does iinclude a ref number that includes the word "Essex" and the first part of my Postcode.. Hope it wasn't the unhelpful bloke that I approached. Seems that my (Then) Borough Counciller also mentioned that He (Solicitor) seemed to include much of what He told Him.

PS How does one get a Pro Bono Solicitor? The Archers aren't getting much help.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

What I call rat poison is a respectable anti-clotting medication to stop me getting DVT which is more of a hazard after hospital/surgery than is flying round the world. I've had the last of them this afternoon, so I'm on my own now.

I suspect that a lot of illnesses present differently when you get old. One friend died of a heart attack recently, but because she was a woman her symptoms were different, and she came home from A & E and died at 61,

At least that's one pensions administrator who you can find easily. I wouldn't laugh at you, but some sadistic Local Authority chief is obviously having fun. You could take your spurious number and stick it on her door. I think you said you know where she lives.

I know a solicitor but will contact you by PM elsewhere on the interweb.