Mists and Mellow Fruitfullness

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Mists and Mellow Fruitfullness

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

The surprise is equal whether or not there is tuna. Like Schrodinger's cat.
Yes my steps were ready to use on the way to hospital, and when I got back the builders had returned and fitted two handrails. Galvanised, but paintable. I have black paint.

I'm a rottweiller too, but I'm using internal wheels to achieve success with the minimum of offence. I don't want to see a physiotherapist at all, though they were nice enough. They want me to go. I will wait for feedback from the GP then attend or cancel depending on the answer I get. I think they only want to tick their boxes and I'm testing their willingness to pay my costs. Everyone I've seen is amazed at my progress so it must have been a proper job. I'll go to the County Trust. Maybe they'll agree that I can go on my sign off appointment with the surgeon, to which I'll drive myself 3 weeks later. I'll get my GP to clear me for driving before I go, for insurance reasons. I have another complaint that I'm making on another matter. This District hospital has accepted patients from the whole county without any thought for the impact on their faciIities and peripheral services. The County has gone for Outcomes based medicine but Yeovil hasn't got the message. There are always some staff who can only work on tramlines, and some who get some pleasure from bullying patients. I've been a member of Healthwatch for long enough to write damning more in sorrow than in anger reports. So watch the sparks fly.

Did you like their music? I didn't at all. But that doesn't mean I'm glad he's died. Maybe you just liked Brentwood Hospital. In spite of their awful food.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Didn't Like their Music, But Dave was the easiest of The NETRHA to work with. (Actually based at a Different in Brentwood). At the risk of confusing you, The Brentwood, Havering, and Redbridge Hospitals Declared Independence from NETRHA. so had an office at yet another Brentwood Hospital. The original NETRHA wasn't bad, but ... when A certain Political gent pretty well closed Manufacturing in Chelmsford, so he NETRHA Gang were my former colleagues.

The closed/re-opened "Community Hospital" was a small capacity in big grounds. It now has a more economic manning level. But it also includes the Blood bank - more convenient to main roads and helicopter usage.

Driving to a Hospital ..... Parking in NHS won't be cheap.

No idea now of the varying capacity of Labour Hours at each Hospital Procedures. Processes change so suddenly now, and I've done no work at any of them since .. err ... well, years ago.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I don't mind parking charges for clinics. I usually pay about £4-5 for timed clinic appointments, and both Yeovil and Taunton keep to time. I had a double appointment for Pre-op and Anaesthetist. My husband used to wait for a phone call from me to pick me up after Chemo. I do feel cross at the charges for staff who have to work unsocial hours. But if good lighted car parks with 24hr security makes them safer, maybe it's better than alternatives. Most of the large hospitals seem to be operated by Q-park, and I have always found them helpful over the basic level.

I had a bouquet of flowers delivered while I was still asleep, then news that a friend in the village had died suddenly. While I was wrestling with a pair of clean socks, the man came to read the water meter so I had to grab a gown and get him to show me where the meter was. It was further under a couple of shrubs than I remember and I will have to get the gardener to cut them back a bit. My daughter rang to ask if I wanted anything from Waitrose. She will be here later this afternoon, so I'll have to empty the dishwasher and tidy the kitchen. An exciting day.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Just don't try Basildon Hospital. You would be running up a parking bill for hours before they let you escape. A vehicle "Under Suspicion", wasa parked in the carpark entrance.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/169067 ... ef=mr&lp=6
I have been rather unwell today and only just getting Mobile again - But i'll abandon that and have a nearly night.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I hope you are feeling better today. I felt very tired yesterday so took it easy. It's hard to get going today though. Still, it's Sunday, no real need. I will get dressed and try my new whizzbang sock puller onner.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Diabetical Problem has left me unable to walk for a few days, And then barely Limping for Fri and Sat. Legs seem to be working again. - well I can get up and down stairs without walking stick and not falling.
I risked a trip to Doc on Saturday (No buses up there on a w/end) Took an hour for a 20-minute walk. A Non-appointment session was set up for Flu Innoc... They had run out of Doses when I got there, so it was another hour back. Afraid lack of Plastic bank card meant no way to get a taxi, and hurty feet earlier in the week meant no access to Bank.
Window blew out last weekend - Perhaps now that I'm mobile I can clear the "de-cluttering" route through the house to window mending, assuming that my insurance covers it. My Chauffer (A fire engine gave me a lift??) reckoned that Window blowin out is an "Act of God" so is covered ... I'd rather rely on the wording on the docket?