Hello

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Mrs Hippo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Hello

Post by Mrs Hippo »

Goodlookingone is usually quite well behaved on the wards, but benefits from a dose of prugne juice from time to time
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Been out allday - where is everybody?
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Ooo err ... sort of working, 3Wells out shopping. No prugne juice brought back, or if there is she's hidden it ...
Threewellsofmyown
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Threewellsofmyown »

Prugne juice is safely in a cupboard

I will tame that there bull wot talks furrin
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I know I'm Dense (well you don't have to agree), but how do I get on to the next page - I'm entering this on Page one, but I know page two exists..
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

OK, Forget that, I just found the little windows top right.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

So how are you at underwater gnursing? Looks like we're heading that way! (or that's heading our way, take your pick). At least it's calm ... force 9, just a light breeze :-)

Regarding board gnavigation: I can set the number of posts per page for the board - not sure if you can set this yourself. It's currently 20. I'll look and see if I can find any gnice gnavigation tools ...
Leech Pedlar

Post by Leech Pedlar »

Goodnight all, Take care.

Will.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Not Whinging, An Tarbh Dubh. Just that I was expecting the next post after the last one I picked up.
Rwth of Cornovii

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Good morning, just. I'm hoping I can join you, not that you are falling apart.

I'm considering joining here because although a certain Board has changed its rules, it's still a bit chilly. I think I'd be fairly comfortable with present company.

More another time. I'm off to bed now, then it's breakfast, another violin practice then off to a rehearsal for 10.30.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Rwth of Cornovii wrote:Good morning, just. I'm hoping I can join you, not that you are falling apart.

I'm considering joining here because although a certain Board has changed its rules, it's still a bit chilly. I think I'd be fairly comfortable with present company.

More another time. I'm off to bed now, then it's breakfast, another violin practice then off to a rehearsal for 10.30.
Good morning: I consulted with our parrot, and she just said "Hello ..." and whistled loudly. So that means, "You're welcome" ... failte,bienvenue, and so on :-). Our "rules" (click on the "Rules" link, just below the "phpBB/Alt.Mustardland" logo block) are intended to keep chilly drafts out - suggestions are welcome (there's a "Suggestions" thread in "The Office" section, and there is no rule against suggesting changes to the rules!).

If you do register, I'll remove you from "pre-mod" as soon as I see you. Of course, you can continue to post as "guest" but "guest" will (for obvious reasons) always be subject to pre-mod, "captchas" and other impediments to bots and spammers!
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

goodlookingone wrote:Not Whinging, An Tarbh Dubh. Just that I was expecting the next post after the last one I picked up.
Oh, I didn't read it as a whinge ... not at all! If I see someone having difficulty negotiating the board with all it's little buttons, clickey-things and so on, I like trying to find out if it can be made easier. Thasorl :-)
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

OK. I've registered, activated but can't find an avatar small enough to upload.

Happy Saturday all. No prugne juice for me thanks.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Rwth of Cornovii wrote:OK. I've registered, activated but can't find an avatar small enough to upload.

Welcome! If you have a picture you'd like to use as an avatar, attach it to a post and I can scale it for you.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

An Tarbh Dubh wrote:
Rwth of Cornovii wrote:OK. I've registered, activated but can't find an avatar small enough to upload.

Welcome! If you have a picture you'd like to use as an avatar, attach it to a post and I can scale it for you.
Well here is one, about 50kb
Attachments
Rwth in Uffmoor.JPG
Rwth in Uffmoor.JPG (49.11 KiB) Viewed 8428 times
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi Rwth..
You're and educated person -- Got an earworm about an odd few words from a Poem. Can you identify - Includes "Dirty Soot stained Smokestack" (or similar), and "Cheap tin trays". Reminded of my last to expire Relatves who became "proudest kid in Southampton" when the Captan of a Collier Coaster waved to him as it passed by ...
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Rwth of Cornovii wrote:
Well here is one, about 50kb
OK, scaled that to 100x100, about 14kb, and set it as your avatar: a 200x200 version is about 28kb (within the limit), I'll use that one instead if you'd rather. Not having great broadband here ourselves, I'm always conscious of the impact of having to download lots of big image files.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Hello, thanks for doing the avatar. It looks fine and I like it.

The poem is Cargoes by John Masefield.

https://allpoetry.com/Cargoes

I remembered the title but not the name of the poet.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Thanks Rwth. My (late) Cousin Was Proudest Kid in Southampton when the Collier Captan waved to him as He passed by - That Pome stuck in my mind.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I have a happy memory of visiting the docks at Southampton in 1959 when the ship 'United States' arrived having been awarded the Blue Riband for the fastest ever Atlantic crossing. A huge cargo door was open and a sailor threw an apple to us. My little sister caught the fastest apple across the Atlantic and I tried not to feel jealous. It wasn't difficult because just being there felt special. I couldn't catch for toffee and would have dropped it if I'd tried. It was a fresh one, and nothing wrong with it. He just saw us and felt like making a gesture to history. He wasn't to know that we grew them at home. It was a biggie, a bit like a Newton Wonder.

I haven't thought of that for many years, so thanks for reminding me.