Tuesday

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Tuesday

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Hello, after a decent night's sleep and some messing about with emails and a couple of last minute items for the Parish Magazine, I'm here at last.

I received an email from Scarlett last week after posting that I thought people who knew more about running boards than us should be listened to, and their advice should be considered. She asked me to withdraw my post. To which I responded that I had only made fair comment and it should stand. Other people were perfectly at liberty to disagree if they wished, or ignore at liberty.

I hope 3 Wells is back home in comfort with the animals and her loving spouse.

Good luck Dragon with your treatment, I hope it brings about a great improvement in your mobility and ability to garden. I know nothing about cricket so would be unable to contribute materially. It looks very pretty on the village green though. I can't help feeling that that is its natural environment and international competition is for the eagles.
Threewellsofmyown
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Threewellsofmyown »

Just popping in to thank all for good wishes

I have the delights of post herpetic neuralgia to enjoy at leisure!

Basically all the nerves that the shingles affected have decided that they hurt

A LOT!

So poppyseed pills galore and try to keep cheerful for up to 3 months

You may all get bored by me long before that time elapses...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Perish the thought! You're probably much better at home with the parrot, the dogs the cats and the husband than languishing in hospital. Get Well Soon! Mwah!
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Spring Dragon,
Please feel free to start a Cricket thread. Another fanatic here.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Cricket, gosh! I was never a great sports fan - hockey was my school's "thing", which I didn't like, and I loathed football (which our PE teacher frequently replaced PE with), but the one sport I actually did enjoy, which was only an option in the Summer term, was cricket! I only ever played it for one term, though - the "excuses" I had to skip the sports I detested were sort of incompatible with not also applying to cricket in the summer term ;-)
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I'm certain that I'd replied, ..but I see that I havn't... (Those pills ain't strong enough, Matron).

OK, I suspose to have the next Generation of Dragon's, I can see that there MUST be Lady AND Gentlemen Dragons. So you are not from Mile End.....?

But Please ... No sport.
On yet another Thread (Non Archery), I was looking through Face Ache and found a thread about my childhood Town, with loads of "Memories" and Photy's. This drifted into teenagery and school and indeed into apprenticeship and work. The Schoolagery hovered on those Sadistic Evil Ba... er Teachers. In particularly The Sport/Gymnasia Teachers. I HATES sports.. Include me out.... (It was'n me who got my arm broke by a caning .. and anyway, that was back in Junior school - same teach though). There were Links to adjacent Areas (Romford for Shopping, Chelmsfird for work) and other Ages (The Dark age in my Infantry ... err, Infancy). I'm now wondering how I wandered into this field of thoughts - Wonder if Matron has any spare Pills.

I'd better get on with something...
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Right, can we extend this Tuesday thread into Thursday? (well, they both start with the letter T).

Rwth, I really must apologise: I genuinely only spotted your "messenger" message to be on FB (dated from last August!) this afternoon; Facebook Messenger isn't something I use very much (practically not at all), and I only spotted your message when I was wondering what this "requests(1)" meant. I gather FB starts by sending a "message request" that you have to accept, before you actually get the "message" - a bit like an old-fashioned wind-up phone. I'm sure there's some rationale. Like I say, I'm really not a Facebook-er :-)
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I think it was a friend request disguised as a message request. I thought I'd explain who I was, but it was surprising how the signs of recent debacle were all there last August. I've been in FB for years and still haven't worked out how it works. I just stamp on all requests to play Candy Crush, block the most abusive posters and dump friends who turn out to be politically off the scale. It seems to work.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Rwth of Cornovii wrote:I think it was a friend request disguised as a message request. I thought I'd explain who I was, but it was surprising how the signs of recent debacle were all there last August. I've been in FB for years and still haven't worked out how it works. I just stamp on all requests to play Candy Crush, block the most abusive posters and dump friends who turn out to be politically off the scale. It seems to work.
That would explain it ... originally I found "Farmville" was the greatest request spammer in FB until I figured out how to kill it off - without blocking the people who play it altogether, some of them genuinely are friends! So I'm guessing we're now "connected" on FB :-)

Sometime I'll tell the story of how I finally came to register on FB. It may say something about me (I hope so!).

And don't worry, I'm hardly politically "off the scale" - probably I'd be best described as "center-left" but again that depends on where you are!
Threewellsofmyown
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Threewellsofmyown »

Morning all

I have the delightful job of working out what I need for 4 days away (yon bull would do his nut at the thought of me alone for 4 days!) at a rally

Weather anything between howling gales rain blazing sun and heavy sullen clouds every half hour

How do you travel light with such weather variations?

;)
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Right, it's off to Donegal for us! Catch y'all later :-)
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Have a nice time!