It's Monday and, I'm Back

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

It's Monday and, I'm Back

Post by Brians Cravat »

Well, in truth I've been back since Friday evening.

Good morning all. So much has happened while I've been away: a General Election seems to have resulted in a complete Horlicks and, former message boards have disappeared into the ether.

As for the holiday, it was (Over-used word, I know.) fabulous. The river cruise exceeded our expectations. The whip we were on was excellent, the food was out of this world, the crew couldn't have been better, apart from one 24 hour period the weather was stunning. All this and, we saw parts of France that we hadn't experienced previously, down in Provence. So many highlights.

The only problem has been that, having spent much of the previous ten days was spent in t-shirts and shorts in temperatures in the upper 20s, even when it was raining,trousers and thick sweaters have been the order of the day. Can the person who turned the heating off, please turn it back on.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It's Monday and, I'm Back

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

It's always a treat to travel a route by some "different" means. I've enjoyed cruising on the River Shannon, but it can be quite busy! When you tie up in a place you know well and have been through frequently, by road, it feels like a whole new place. And "slow" travel is wonderful, I just wish we could do more of it.

Our cats are asking (no, "demanding") that someone turn the heat back up, you're not alone there :-)
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

We enjoyed river cruising. The gentle pace of the ship really dictated our pace of life. We travelled overnight on three or four occasions but, we still slept like logs. During the day we either lounged on the sun deck or before we fried, on the French Balcony in our cabin.

The trips out, either by coach, with an official guide or, by by ourselves were excellent. Sadly, we had to miss things, just because there was insufficient time to do and see everything. Would like to have spent longer at Pont Du Gard, the Roman aqueduct. The exhibition relating to it would have happily taken up 2 hours but, we were only allocated an hour and a half for the whole thing.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

If it wasn't a sin, I would envy you Brian. It does make me think I'd like to do that sometime though. Canal cruises are wonderful as well. I've done at least 3. I'm coming out of my depression at the result of the election. It is all changing so quickly, that it would be foolish to stay down.

I must away soon and blast the dog. Or maybe just blast myself on a refreshing walk and let the dog come too. Live and let live.