Another Good Morning to All

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Re: Another Good Morning to All

Post by Will the Pedlar »

Thunder balloons was bought by Don Cameron's Balloons.
Balloons seem to have gone out of fashion with the media and you don't get the great stunts like you used back 30+ years ago.

I wonder if anybody remembers this stunt?

http://twistedsifter.com/2015/04/richar ... rank-1989/

Bristol still does Balloon Festivals There is one in August this year, GLO

http://www.bristolballoonfiesta.co.uk/
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Thanks Will, ... but I don't think I'll be getting there.. The last baloon "Flight" that I saw, was the Essex show a few tears ago, but it was too draughty to fly, so they did a "Bright sky at night" stationery burn up... i.e., just burning many Kilo's of Gas to no benefit???
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

I've no idea how the gas tanks work on hot-air balloons. Maybe once you've filled them, you have to burn it off to empty them again? Either that or release the gas to the air.

I think it is the location at Bristol, which keeps their balloon-fest. going. It's fairly clear of fast-jet and helicopter training zones. It's very impressive when you get the skies filled with dozens of balloons'
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

The flight (Is Flight the right word for floating) had three tanks to last an hour in a 12 berth capacity. Tanks were about 4ft high. Silver colourds so I woud guess, Aluminium. "Used" tags added to each
tank - presumably accompanied by a big fat cheque to the suppliers.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

I'm at a rally in Cavan this week-end, in room ....... 101 ...... hmmmmm.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Everybody has got to be somewhere, ATD. :-)

Hope you are enjoying the rally.

LP
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Well, I can report there were no rats .... or inane TV presenters! Grey, overcast, but dry and reasonably mild. Wishing all a good day :-)
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

A good day to you and 'J' too, ATD.
Cloudy here, but patches of blue sky and sunshine and I think it's going to remain dry which is good for the annual steam-engine rally and carnival taking place in the nearest town. When I drove past the park where it is located. They had a good few engines and the usual stack of WW2 military vehicles, vintage vehicles and the rest. I think they'll get a good crowd today and tomorrow.
It's not the very hot weather from mid-week on, as we had in the week, but a think most people (apart from the ice-cream sellers) will prefer it like it is.

BFN
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Didn't get out to Enfield Today .. Too much to think about, and wouldn't enjoy. - my main reason was to get names of suppliers (Obsolete size tyres, Brake shoes, Bods who can renovate Instruments and produce carpet, linings, veneers..) Might try tomorrow.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning all. Very little rain in our bit of the West Midlands and, certainly no thunder and lightning. Our bungalow is on the slopes of a hill and, look westward across the Severn Valley towards Clent the Malvern Hills. When electrical storms come up from the South we generally see them long before the affect upon us is felt. I know that Ireland has had it's fair share of rain over the weekend.

We grow a lot of plants in pots, hanging baskets and tubs in the garden. As such, lengthy periods of hot dry weather mean we spend some time watering. This is especially true this time, as we're off on holiday to France later this week.

No Art Group today. A few jobs to do around the bungalow. Will try and get one of my walks in too. Want to keep my weekly average up prior to our holiday.

Enjoy your day people.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning all.

Just wanted to say that, OH and I are off on holiday at midday. As currently planned, we take. The train from Wolverhampton to Euston. We the stay in a hotel overnight, having dinner with a group of friends this evening.

Late morning tomorrow, we take Eurostar to Lille where, we transfer to TGV and travel South-eastwards to Lyon arriving early evening. Delays are a feature of the TGV line, due to 'on-going engineering works'. So it happens over there too! Once in Lyon, a coach takes us to the MS Lord Byron for a river cruise down the River Rhône. For the following seven days, we'll be heading to Arles, stopping of at various towns and sights. We will then return to London for another overnight stay before heading home.

See you all soon.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Safe journey and a very good holiday to you two, Brian.

Will.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Brians Cravat wrote:Good morning all.

Just wanted to say that, OH and I are off on holiday at midday. As currently planned, we take. The train from Wolverhampton to Euston. We the stay in a hotel overnight, having dinner with a group of friends this evening.

Late morning tomorrow, we take Eurostar to Lille where, we transfer to TGV and travel South-eastwards to Lyon arriving early evening. Delays are a feature of the TGV line, due to 'on-going engineering works'. So it happens over there too! Once in Lyon, a coach takes us to the MS Lord Byron for a river cruise down the River Rhône. For the following seven days, we'll be heading to Arles, stopping of at various towns and sights. We will then return to London for another overnight stay before heading home.

See you all soon.
Enjoy the holiday! Since it's now well after noon, you shouldn't see this until you get back so I should say, "hope you enjoyed the holiday" :-)
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

A cool and showery morning in the West of Ireland, but now it's settled down to sunny ... still a little cool and breezy. We've crossed the River Shannon into County Limerick for a rally over the week-end.

Wishing well to all ... those who are feeling well, stay well, and those who aren't, get well :-)
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

I hope you both have a good time - and good weather for the weekend, too.

My rally season (amateur-radio rally, that is) runs pretty much year round, but I don't start going to them until August-ish and even then, only if they are conveniently located or I'm looking for something to buy.
I do enjoy rallies though.
Goodlookingone-

Post by Goodlookingone- »

Hello each. Hope everyone out there is having fun.