Another Good Morning to All

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Another Good Morning to All

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Me too. Love to Wellsy and a swift recovery.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Unfortunately this is so, we're up at the hospital. Bloods, CT, and other things done but no diagnosis yet.

I'll update later when we know more. And I've passed messages on€

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

The good wishes aren't just for Wellsy, but for you too. You've had a very anxious time. I came to the conclusion some time ago that the ever loving suffer just as much, only differently. But they have to try and look calm to reassure the other.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Rwth,
I couldn't agree more. Been there, bougth the t-shirt and the souvenir tea towel. Holding dear Wellsy in my thoughts.

Writing this in a Polling station somewhere in England where, we've seen 93 voters in six and a half hours. In some polling stations where I've worked that would be quite acceptable by this point in the day but, here we have around 2000 on roll.

Take care all.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Well, The Soapys are over, so Brian can prepare for the rush... Both of them....
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Thats it.. Poll over, Seal the boxes, Bag the Paperwork, Count the Pencils, Bolt the door
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Home within 45 mins of leaving the polling station. Large single malt with ice in hand, as is normal for me on such occasions.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

... and counted, agreed, published .......?
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Time to pop across the channel and give them a hand in France?
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Glad you are here: Nice to see you of course, but I was also hoping for news of Threewells.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

3Wells is neither any better nor any worse ... they've ruled out quite a bit but are still doing tests. The doc (professor, actually) was planning on an MRI on Friday but put that off, as there's a little complication with that which requires consulting with the neurosurgeons in Dublin (nothing's ever simple, is it?). She's keeping her spirits reasonably up, at least.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning everyone.

Thank you so much for the news on 3Wells. I'm sure that she is in the best place and that, the medics will do everything they can. Please pass on my best wishes.

Spent Friday recovering from my day in the Polling Station. Took a walk of a little over four miles to dispose of the cobwebs. We saw few people in total but, they came though on a fairly regular basis. Much prefer that. Worst part of the job is going long periods and not seeing anyone. Can recall one by-Election for. Police and Crime Comissioner when, my Poll clerk saw just 29 voters all day and, no-one at all after 6:30! Boring in the extreme.

Yesterday, we went to the theatre in Wolverhampton to see 'The Verdict'. You may recall the Paul Newman film from the 70s. This stage version starred Clive Mantle (Casualty?) and a personal favourite actor, Jack Shepherd (Wycliffe). It was excellent. Do enjoy live performances.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Good day..
I'm a little overloaded at the moment, so been AWOL from here.

Much thanks for news of 3wells. Assume the MRI can go ahead on Monday, but hope it does not need trandfer to another hospital.

Regards all.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning to all. Thoughts with all who are unwell particularly, ThreeWells. I hope that the medics complete their tests and can begin remedial treatment. Thoughts with all those who care too.

After a lovely day locally yesterday, we have a veil of cloud over the Black Country. Living quite high up, when I got up an hour ago, I could see the edge of the cloud creeping South-westwards. Now that edge has extended beyond the horizon.

Plans for today are, Art Group this morning and maybe some gardening later.

Take care all.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

I was just talking with 3Wells, they are planning MRI this morning. Hoping this may show something up, especially since her blood now seems to be mis-behaving a bit and it's probably related. I'll update later after I get in to see her.

Good news from across the Channel, seems the French have done rather more than merely "stepping back" from the edge!
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Thanks for that An Tarbh Dubh. I'll pass the word on.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Good morning everyone. Thoughts with all those who are unwell.

Didn't get in here yesterday. Just busy. The morning saw me at my Active Retirement Group. The afternoon was filled with my Book Club. Quite apart from the 'book of the month' that we all read, there was a long discussion on fantasy novels. Some members had read fantasy novels and, some of the individuals were a surprise.

Not a great deal in the diary for today, just picking up our granddaughters from school mid-afternoon. Hopefully, I'll fit in a brisk walk this morning.

Enjoy your day people.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Good Morning, all.
I've been AWOL.. My "Post-Stroke" Memory came to the fore, multiplied by a build up of ... No I won't go into that.. Must get some notes Legible before I raid the C.A.B., whilst I await Blood-test results.
I was looking at the Local Equiv of Brian's Active Retirement Group. All seemed to be .. What can I say,.. (yes there is a word that I can't remember) all seem to be cribbage or "Don't sit there, XX mates always chat there". I feel I need some sort of work. I really don't fancy Full Time work, nor working on tasks that I've previously set Methods for. I know the Tractor Makers sometimes need People to show visitors around - but as it has become a mere assembly shop for EU and Indian Manufacture, Visitor Tours are becoming rarer.. (i.e., the odd half-day at intermittent times). I see an 22 hrs per week advert to manage a charity shop - I will seek details.

Going over to Peets. I'll see if threewells is up to posting - and Must acknowledge Peet's Birthday.

G' Day.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

GLO, I joined the Active Retirement Group because the local coven/chapter/ cadre of the IUniversity of the Third Age failed to respond to my e-mailed requests for information on their activities and membership.

Instead of pursuing it further, I decided to organise my own activities. First was Art Group (Membership cost £60 p.a.) Second was the Book Club (Membership free of charge). Third was the Active Retirement Group (Membership £60 p.a.) It used to be the local history group, with speakers on related subjects. These days it covers a much broader range of subjects though, local history is still at the heart of it. We have trips out to see in detail some of the things we learn about. In a few weeks, we're having a speaker to talk about Croome Court, an NT property near Pershore in Worcs. The following week we will visit the property and, will get access to areas of restoration, not normally open to the public. Finally, I have my Friday walking Group which is free.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

I did look at volunteering. However, my experiences as Ward Chair of a political party and, on the committee of the local deaf club really proved too stressful. As a result, I only get involved in non-stress inducing activities that I enjoy.