Oh not another new month

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Oh not another new month

Post by goodlookingone »

Hairdtressers.... Something I remember from My Childhood was being in a Barber, awaiting my turn, when an even younger urchin was in the Barbers chair misbehaving. The Barber (with a fearsome scottish accent) explaining to his victim, that he had previously had a Miscreant who wrigled so much that He had inadvertantly scisored his customers ear off; the tirade to the current subject ending that the victim looked round on the floor and found ran his hand... feeling around his head to find his ears still in situ, but not on the floor...

Re my misfortune .... The theme continues.

No response, or comment from Council tax demands.
I was sorting some displaced Bedding to keep moggy warm, now that He has abandoned the house beyond the kitchen. I tried Washing an old bedspread with some Dye Remover in a looooong slush in the washing machine, I'm afraid the Washing machine breathed its last - but still full of water/un-dyer. That was late last night, and I think at the great age of the washing machine it would be unlikely to get spares, or ecomically get a Washing machine mender, so today Im went looking at Charity shops for a worthwhile m/c. It took ages to lurk the shops I know of, found a m/c and used my plastic debit bankcard (they no lomger take cheques) I didn't expect to travel so far, so was relying on memory to find the place... That was the next problem, but delivery delayed until Nov 9th (Is there a "run" of wash machine deliveries?)Then the next problem,,,,

On the bus home I had a phone call which May - or may not- have come from my bank - alledgedly found two debits doday - one for the wash m/c and another for (something like) £1300 debitted for a French Shareholding Broker????? The same message invited me to call back to their Security team as it seemed an unusual expenditure. It was difficult to discuss in a noisy bus, so I got off in the next town to respond to their security number and/or see the bank branch.
The number I dialled was interupted that the Calls must now be transferred to another number...... I chose not to!!! I'm certainly not giving my bank details to a third party
The Bank branch it that town wes now closed....
I got back to my own branch before it closed - they know nothing of the phone numbers I was given, and gave me another number to phone, (Neither of the Numbers on my phone, Only my normal payments were on my a/c) Which I'll do when I'm more awake than I am now..

I just suppered from a tinned soup (Tomato, Ginger and Orange) - But it didn't taste like any of the contents. I'm off to feed the cat, Take my nightime pills, and retire for the night.

Goodnight and sllep well....

M..........
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

After yesterday's booster vaccination, I tried to change the bedding today. I managed to strip the bed and change bolster and pillowcases but ran out of steam. I'll finish it off after a coffee and mahjongg session.

I'm glad you sorted out the bank. I have a spare bank account with nothing in it, but use it as an alibi to transfer cash into that account. It also has a branch nearby and I can say I'll go and sort it out face to face. They ring off at that point so I don't have to do anything.

That sounds like an interesting mixture. Was it nice?
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Yes, I have two accounts ..... it dates from my "working days". Often I worked in places where one is not supposed to have any money of your own in your pocket (if one has access to the Wages office, the Tills or till-clearing (Boots, or Supermarket) - or, more especially, if you consider a Bank as any retailers and has distribution warehouses of money in which I worked: Lloyds since you ask.... ), it is difficult to pay ones hotel bill, and or needs money for your last day's Late meal and Petrol to get home in those days when some bank or other was having Card problems... The alternative was to leave a bundle of banknotes in your car.... The car you leave in the clients carpark, and everybody knows that you have a Whole day parking ticket ....... Imagine leaving your wealth in a car in Tesco's Liverpool park... Thus Monies in two banks.

Apropo of nothing. I once hired a car and found that it had a Safe welded under one of the seats, as an "optional Extra" in some models.. they tend not to indicate if/where it is fitted.

... and that reminds me of Something else... I once did some work in a nearby local gov. A London Borough with a lot of council houses: Thus they had secure vans to collect rents at certain days/places. As Plastic-card money became more common, and more weekly paid people had bank accounts, the vans were removed to be sold for whatever they could get. In the same Local Council, the Enviorenmental team (OK, Ratcatchers/pigeon vermin) who were very worried about parking their van (including rat poison) parked outside a tenants house - sometimes working on the top storey/roof, of a tower block - where the pigeons roosted, and well away from miscreants that were watching their vehicles. The workmens feelings was that as the Rent office no longer need security vans, could they have them.
Nope, they had to dispose of them (the vans, not the workmen). The new tranche of Enviorenmental Health Vehicles were all non-secured, but cost a lot more than the low milage Security vans - that had little value to anyone else - were disposed.....