Miscellany: Week Beginning ... September 12

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Miscellany: Week Beginning ... September 12

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Another week, another grey and soggy day in the West ... various review appointments for 3Wells and our local rally this week-end, so nothing out of the ordinary at this end!
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Miscellany: Week Beginning ... September 12

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Hello. I hope your week goes well. I've been a bit busy but I'm trying to transfer activities from my laptop to the one I got for Blunders. It was refusing to charge and so I took it to be repaired when he died and when I got it back it had forgotten everything he had told it. It can't remember any of the passwords I have taught my old one even though Firefox is supposed to remember them.

Keeping busy is a good way of not having to think about one's own misfortunes. When my OH died, I was asked to help edit a magazine and that kept me busy. And of course I have Cassie to keep me happy.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Interesting "situation" in the Limerick tunnel (the most westerly Shannon road crossing, and part of the Limerick bypass system). Apparently the driver of a truck loaded with hay didn't pay attention to the height restrictions, and got himself jammed in the middle of the tunnel - after his load had swept away all the signalling and safety devices attached to the tunnel roof! Hay...ho .....
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Strewth ... Sounds like the Driver last week on the M20 ... He had a Digger on the traier with its Jib above the height limit and He Demolished a Footbridge that collapsed on traffic and road...... Transport Operators on the radio whinging at what it was costing their Industry encountering the delays caused by the Road Surveyors/repairers. She didn't seem to grasp the poinr that it was a Transport Operator who caused the Damage and was Costing thousands of road users en-route tho France...

Pooter Web been out of service for much of today.. Guess the Telephone Exchange over the Road was digging up things again.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Wow ... I'm having to deal with Microsoft support - genuine, not the famous "Microsoft support" scammers. Here's a hot tip: if you're ever unsure whether it's really Microsoft or not, if the person on the other end seems competent, knowledgeable, and even vaguely clued in ... he's a scammer :-)
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

It's a cool and soggy morning here for the Clare rally ... this could make things interesting!
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Post by Will the Pedlar »

It's a glorious late summer morning here. I've washed the outsides of all of the windows and power washed the concrete paths around the house. Now I'm going to have another mug of coffee.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Gawd thats very industrious Will, I'd better lie down and out-think it.
Must now finish the minor plumbing job that I started Yesterday - I thought that Daylight - and the fact that B & Q is open now, would be better progress.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Re: Miscellany: Week Beginning ... September 18

Industrious... Yes. You're right, GLO. I think maybe I should take some tablets and wait for the 'feeling industrious' bit to pass, before I do anymore.

Didn't bother with breakfast when I got up, just going to do an enhanced breakfast, as Sunday Lunch.
Bacon, egg, black-pudding and fried bread with tomato on. That'll stop me from starving. :)
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

NOOOO forget the tablets. I'm taking enough to rattle for all of us.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Alright. You've convinced me GLO.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Damn, I'm ratling again.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

When I was a kid, we used to make the same noise, GLO. By clipping a piece of card to the wheel of a bike so it rubbed on the spokes as they turned. At quick speeds it sounded like a motor. At slow speeds it sounded like a rattle. :)
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

You had a Bike...? What a wealthy family - I had to make do with a stick and the school ralings.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Eeee! My granddad were poor. He used to tell me that when 'e were a kid, they couldn't afford a bike and he had to run all the way to and from t'school, rolling an old barrel-hoop alongside him. Then one day when t'school 'ad finished, he went out and somebody had nicked the hoop. He had t' wait until his mam came and fetched him, because he couldn't get home without the hoop.
Will the Pedlar
Getting the hang of it
Getting the hang of it

Eeee! My granddad were poor. He used to tell me that when 'e were a kid, they couldn't afford a bike and he had to run all the way to and from t'school, rolling an old barrel-hoop alongside him. Then one day when t'school 'ad finished, he went out and somebody had nicked the hoop. He had t' wait until his mam came and fetched him, he couldn't get home because it was too far to walk without the hoop.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Well... My Grandad was so poor that He couldn't find a hoop to get him to work, so He had to walk all the way (From Bradford) to London to find work to buy a hoop.