Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Miscellany: Week Beginning ... September 5

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Another week, another .... week ....

Trip down to The Office for me tomorrow, at least that's my current plan. There's some new servers waiting for my attention, I gather.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Miscellany: Week Beginning ... September 5

Post by goodlookingone »

Ah, I remember when I had work to go to.....
Threewellsofmyown
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Threewellsofmyown »

I came to a nagreement where work sends me money to stay at home
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Having fun playing around with an Amazon Fire TV video streaming box, now that our broadband has started doing what it says on the tin! (i.e. working properly, the local exchange now has a fibre link into the internet instead of a very limited wireless link shared across the entire village and hinterland).

This is made tricky since (1) Amazon won't deliver the Fire TV device to Ireland, and (2) you're not supposed to be able to use Amazon Prime Instant Video and all sorts of other things like that outside the UK or the US anyway. Well, sorted (1) thanks to the Irish postal service's "proxy UK address" service, they pick it up in the UK and deliver it to our local post office (for a small fee). Sorted (2) using technical black magic :-)
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I've been to a meditation hour on Monday and was going to be phoned in the afternoon for my opinion of the BBC News handling of the Labour leadership contest. I got an email saying they wouldn't be phoning after all, too sensitive by half. Nothing much yesterday. I was due to have a meeting this afternoon, so I got up early bathed Cassie who was overdue for a good shampoo, and myself, also overdue for a drenching. I went to the meeting which was quite touchy, because the secretary of the group doesn't agree with the chairman (me). I kept my temper, but she was a bit difficult. I know I have to be patient, and she does work hard for us, but I was a bit thoughtful this afternoon. I went up to the Green burial ground for a walk, and to see Blunders' grave. I found a crab apple on one of the trees and put it on the grave. If he has a crab tree on top in a year or two that will be a bit of a surprise. "Not that I think you're crabby " I said, "perish the thought".
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Well, today we take Rodney (*) for his last trip, before he heads off on his continuing adventures. Otherwise, a week-end off - wow!

(*) http://www.paranormal.org.uk/mustardlan ... 98#1961998
WillThePedlar

Post by WillThePedlar »

Hi all,

Having had a very enjoyable holiday over on your island, Twellers. I'm home and I've spent the last few few days getting back into the swing of things here.

I really think that next time I visit Cork and Limerick, I should stay about twice as long. Or in the case of Cork, just move there.

I'm just going to walk my dog now, it's quite a nice evening here (the forecast says Tuesday is going to be a scorcher). After that I may well have a glass of chilled beer and some cheese and biscuits, then follow that with an early-ish night around 9pm.

Will
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Will the Pedlar -- So I'm not alone - Thought you were Hignoring me (or I was using the wrong Soap).

Still had trouble getting in so had to re load my name/password.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

goodlookingone wrote:Will the Pedlar -- So I'm not alone - Thought you were Hignoring me (or I was using the wrong Soap).

Still had trouble getting in so had to re load my name/password.
I suspect something in your browser settings ... I have the "board" settings configured quite leniently, so once you have ticked "remember me", it should! But there's just so many different browsers, versions, and options that it's almost impossible to guarantee :-(. If it keeps on happening, I can try some extra diagnostics, that might show something up.