July = Strawberries and Cream.

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: July = Strawberries and Cream.

Post by goodlookingone »

You are right about Treason. When I worked, I wanted to delay a Postman for five-minutes to count the delivery in each part of his route (Bristol, Steep hills, Smelly Leather Tanners, Chocolate and Ciggy area and Football stadium - not a pleasant area ). I was told that a delay would see me in the Tower for treason - Long walk to London. I've got to start on berating MP.

Got to new Doc this a.m., who put my proper legal address on sciptions. This Young womanj did her Medic Training in the last Hospital job I did. Have you noticed that each younger Doc you meet, their methods change - I suppose that's just as it should be.
She has sent me for blood tests (and other tests) and report to her Diabetic nurse before she'll decide on further treatments/medications.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Let's hope the new medications help you better. Maybe if your post from one source arrives it may bring other mail with it.

I'm struggling with printing a file that got recovered. I'll copy everything that's supposed to be in it and paste it into a version of last month's. On the way to a pedicure, I found a pothole and punctured my front passenger tyre. It's not a good day for getting things done, but maybe the RAC will arrive in time for me to get money out for a load of topsoil arriving at 5.30pm.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Struggling with pooterisation. Don't ask me. It is as much as I can do to type on here typing with one finger.
Plenty of potholes around here. There is a road narrowing at one point near here (to allow only Bus access to go where schoolkids flood out), Some busdrivers actually slow down to mass over the narroway that is a great attraction to potholes. On a bus a few weeks ago (a No 8a, I think), seemed to have great joy accelerated through the pothole assembly. A window (to the seat above the rear axle where the shock is most exaggerated). I'm sure the driver did this so that he could clear everybody off the bus so that He could idle his way awaiting the Breakdown crew. I have read (on pooter somewhere - or was it Moneybox on the radio), that one can claim from Local gov. No idea how successful it is to prove that the pothole was the cause of damage. Perhaps the RAC/AA can help. Keep the receipt. I doubt if the Bus Operator will try - Too many man-hour costs to pursue.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I don't want to claim. I'd rather they spent the money on the roads. I buy a new tyre every 3 months on average. I just buy the cheapest,because it would be daft to keep buying the best, but the wheel rim was knackered as well this time. I've been struggling with them hammering it back into shape for quite a while. When you're in a hurry to get to an appointment you'd forgotten about, one's attention can drift a bit.

I finally got the Parish Magazine proofs to print, but can't workout what I did. It may have been getting it to print double sided, even though the reverse was the wrong way up. Flipping back to single sided seems to have made it think a bit. Jst the 12 month Plan for the Wildlife Trust local Group to think about and then I can go off with a clear conscience.

Computers ALWAYS know when you're going on holiday, and throw everything in your way to stop you going. I'll take mine with me to placate it.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Which reminds me............
.......... I replaced my printer about six months ago. I feel that the makers have tried to fit so much stuff into it that I never use. The Current problem is that it overprints a subsequent page on the previous one. I have the installation disc so I will re-run it.
I also has a spell/composition checker. but it is in Yankee English GGGGrrrrrrr
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

You can specify the language used in Word by saving the template with English UK. I wish you luck with it.

I've had a productive day. Took a box of linens for someone setting up home from a women's refuge, a couple of proof copies to my readers and carried out their amendments, taken Cassie for a walk and a proper brush, washed a couple of winter duvets in a garage forecourt launderette and hung them out for the night, then collapsed with a coffee and two brioches. The duvets have been sitting on the back seat waiting for attention. I'll have to get them in in the morning because the gardener is going to be throwing topsoil and home made compost around, so they won't be hanging about while I'm away for a couple of days.

It's going to be hot in the Midlands, much hotter than beside the sea. But I'll find a nice walk in the woods or beside a river. When Sir Blunderdog and I were returning from a weekend in West Wales, we stopped by the river Teme for lunch at a pub I hadn't visited since my teens. I have very happy memories of it. He went over to the river and watched wagtails disporting themselves in the shallows. It had been a good idea, but the distances involved were much greater than we expected.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

it wasn't "Word". But I can't remember what it was - Something with e-mail supplier.
Not really had a productive day, but I got some chores out of the way. Pills seem to be making me semi-awake.
Not certain about Midland being warmer, but I'm certain it is warmer in Towns. Now, If I can get an omnibus tomorrow to the top of One-Tree Hill.........
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Good morning folks ... looking like another fine day here in the West!

Just a quick observation that hopefully no-one will even really notice: if you're using Google Chrome, once you update to version 68 (due today) it will throw out warnings when you access any website that isn't "encrypted". In anticipation of this, I have converted this site to "encrypted by default" ... you shouldn't notice anything, except that you'll see the "secure padlock" icon in the "address bar" at the top (it's green in Firefox), and you shouldn't get "insecure" warnings. I haven't done this on all my sites yet (e.g. our "photos" site), but I should get them done over the next couple of days!

GLO, glad to hear someone seems to have got your real address! Keep well, keep cool :-)
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

ERRRR? At the risk of being a troublemaker .....
A few weeks ago I came across great problems into this site - it is now happening again, so I got back by using the alternative - which I shall try to recreate here
http://mustardland.dawn-it.net/
Must be the hot weather - assuming you are also having hot weather in your neck of the woods.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

goodlookingone wrote:ERRRR? At the risk of being a troublemaker .....
A few weeks ago I came across great problems into this site - it is now happening again, so I got back by using the alternative - which I shall try to recreate here
http://mustardland.dawn-it.net/
Must be the hot weather - assuming you are also having hot weather in your neck of the woods.
The problem a few weeks ago was sort of my fault - I cancelled an unused redundant service but in doing so unintentionally also caused the "pointer" to here to get clobbered ... that's been corrected now. If the latest change is bothering your machine it's probably some setting somewhere, so long as you can get here somehow the route doesn't really matter!

Ignore this if you want, it's not that important, but for interest, the "formal" address for here is (now):

https://mustardland.intricatewebs.com

The difference is the bit at the start: "https" means "secure", which means mice, spiders, and spooks can't "eavesdrop" on the link between you and my server - or "intercept and modify" what you're doing (referred to as a "man-in-the-middle" attack, or "MITM"). Not really a big deal for a site like this, it's only important because "web browsers" are now being made to complain and warn users accessing sites which don't implement this "https" stuff :-)

Now, just ignore that all and enjoy the weather ... yep, pretty warm hereabouts. A bit grey this morning, but clearing up. Lots of garden resurrection on-going ...
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Ah, but I was just trying to get Rwth on to the new link, and any other peoples we seem to have lost along the way/
....... Gotta go and arm-wrestle GP and Hosp.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I've missed all the excitement, because I wasn't in yesterday or Monday.

I've been to look at a lovely garden and castle, took lots of pictures for ideas. We saw some banded Demoiselles, some Moorhens with babies and lots of water lilies. I'll have to go and look at my sister's garden, but it's no penance.

Good luck with the arm wrestling GLO.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

No Castles Here I'm afraid . As soon as I typed that I remembered three of them on the North (My) bank of the Thames.; - a recount shows Five - and then there's that Fort at Thurrock (now a Museum). .. and then there's Mr Churchills Railside, Coast side ... Oh I'll shut up. I am knee deep in Castles.
I'd get back to Shredding paperwork, but His Gingeryness has taken residency in the top box of my paperwork shredding - think I'll go to bed.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Not all castles are worth viewing.

Sister and brother in law broached an excellent bottle of Riocha to go with the barbecued Steak and salad. I'm slightly under the affluence of incohol. And so to bed.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

The Castle (or is it a Fort) that everybody knows is Queen Elizabeths Speach to the Navy. "The Heart and stomach of a man: and a man of England too..." and Wally Raleigh throwing his coat down into a puddle to keep the royal feet dry when she walks through it
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

She knew that the Armada had been destroyed when she made the speech, and she refused to let the sailors diembark because she would have had to pay them off. Not her finest hour.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Nowhere to view the evenings elipse. Ten tenths cloud here, plus too much tree cover if I walk up the hill (at least untill Autumn).
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Likewise ... cloud broke well after the eclipse was over. Well, I guess the rain is sort of needed, just a pity it couldn't break a little earlier!
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi, Finished for my last Saturday Hosp appoints (til Jan - what a Birthday that will be!).
A couple of this morning of "dark and windy" but no rain.
Still too warm for my tastes.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I tried to post, but the meaningful portion disappeared. I'll start a new thread.