July = Strawberries and Cream.

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

July = Strawberries and Cream.

Post by goodlookingone »

Well, That was odd. Not being able to open Index page to log in? Cant work out what I did, but in the end, it worked.

Must get insurers to mend my broken windows.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: July = Strawberries and Cream.

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

My apologies for staying quiet; quite a lot going on and I'm not posting a whole lot anywhere! Also apologies for the "disappearance" of the site, this was down to a slight whoopsie with one of my domain registration providers. I have "intricatewebs.com" registered with them, but I haven't used the "base" (www) site for years, and tried to cancel the useless "hosting" - somehow their dreadful admin system seems to have managed to cancel the domain registration as well :-(. I'm working on it, meanwhile if you can see this, you've found how to get here anyway. We're also known as:

http://alt.mustardland.org

and

http://mustardland.dawn-it.net

Neither of them are likely to vanish unexpectedly, they are registered with a different provider!

Hope you're all enjoying the summer weather.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Thanks for that: I was concerned that one of you were indisposed.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

So was I. So glad that we could get in again.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi Rwth - Cant hang about, Got to register with a GP. Hospital Doc got snotty that I fell out with prev Doc.

PS, Got any aspirins, Got Headache.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Me too, but a cup of coffee will sort it out.

Hope your new registration works out OK. You really need a proper GP.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Well, I didn't go to GP. A Window almost fell out. Nevermind, I shall do it tomorrow - Think I'll buy some ivecream
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Hope you got your window sorted. It reminded me of a rude joke. Did you get to the new GP?
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

No, not sorted Doc yet.
Window propped into place, .. but it's getting windier.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

What is ivecream? Try putty.

The Met office warned of thunder and lighting, but there's nothing in Spain or Western France. We get it after the Channel Islands usually, and got some very welcome rain yesterday.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Should have been Icecream - Weather too warm to fix the window.

I spent much of today sorting Paperwork. Eventually found alternate GP - in a folder atop of my desk of his Conditions and all the Identity Documents I needed to enroll. !!! Been to prospective GP. Receptionist exceedingly efficient about Paperwork, but only got as far as getting My Hospital records ref number before meeting a Doc, but after she made a few phone calls (to whom I wonder). I was chastised for not getting 28 days of pills before being dismissed by the last doc, so I am still pill-less and GP-less. New GP won't accept my enrolment without examining me. (Fair enough perhaps), but I now have an appointment with the recorder of pills, on Thurs 19th.
Got home to find six phone calls from bank needing me to contact them re My Address. I do want it sorted, but I'm just too knackerated to get involved today.

Walking home from (distant) new GP, it rained.. yup, must have been twenty or more spots of rain.

Oh yes, just heard of new Post code, No information to me, just to Lecktrickery people.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

We have at least two local companies that make lovely ice cream. I particularly like Cappucino, but don't often buy it. They don't do a liver flavour for the dog. If I had a freezer I might experiment.

If the electricity people have a new Postcode, presumably the Post Office have it too. It's progress of a kind.

I had my first Medication delivery yesterday. It took long enough to set up.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Ice cream! Afraid Senior Mr. Rossi has retired and the many Junior Rossi's seem to have gone their own ways. So many Variances including The Rossi name being in ASADA (better than their other makers but Not REAL Rossi. A sad loss for Southend, but he lasted Longer than Southend's Grosvenor Rock that made sticks-of-rock for lots of Seaside Towns.

On the day that I went to find a new GP, taking loadsa paperwork showing who I am, I got a Letter... From my REAL address, and with original Postcode. I'm pondering whether I am now:-

a) reinstated that I DO exist and live here,
or b) that the postie was a more knowledgeable senior, Who knows more than one route so acts as Holiday Locum,
or c) That the letter was from my MP and had a House of Commons Envelope instead of being stamped.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Keep using the real address and hope for the best. I hope you can start getting your life back.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Looking to find the route of the 100 aircraft of the fifty years of The RAF, going over Essex to Sunny London.

Camera, Binoculars .....
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Hope you enjoyed it. The pictures in your head are good too.

Taking it easy with books and music practice.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Well, I went into that there London to see the Hairyplanes. Much spoiled by transport problems, and much spoiled by hurty foot and much walking. I read somewhere that 100 aircraft used in the last 100 years. I fact the oldest was a Spitfire .. and One couldn't hear its lovely sound as it was in company with Lancaster and Hurricane and quite high, with Police 'coptors flitting around below them "clatter .. clatter .. clatter .. clatter".
There is some good photo's over Dagnam Manor in The Harold Hill Thread in Facebook. I think The Photographer (Wendy", who usually takes Nature photos - Dagnam Manors Park is now a Nature Reserve) must have Good cameras to get what appeared as "close-ups" although certainly there's some cloud mist.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It's been quite busy. Orchestra in church, a walk in the woods, changing the bed which involved moving the books. Someone we know is moving to a flat with virtually nothing to her name, so the village is rallying round with household essentials. We can spare towels, bedlinen, kitchen equipment etc.
Cleaners are coming tomorrow, and there's a wildlife committee meeting. I'd rather stay in bed but it'll be lovely when it's finished.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi, not really busy, but just a lot of various boring stuff. Mainly in trying to get things done after the Bonkers Council changing my address - especially GP, Hospital (who have been told to alter my address, but it is different to my Perpetuity and new address), and getting various services set up. (Change to metered water, changing Gas Supplier, Possibly electrickery as well), getting Insurer to do some Repairs (Break in when I was in Hospital a couple of years ago, and I wasn't really "firing on all six" and I wanted it delayed during the wet/snowy winter, and trying to re-claim the offer (County Justice office doing work for their miscreants).
Attempting to change Doctor was not that easy. The Prospective one needs to examine one before accepting one. After a several weeks wait, I now have an appoimtment for Thursday. - which reminds me: As Bank can no longer post to my address, I has to go into Town to beg for some of my own money (No plastic card - Royal Mail returning my statements, they automartically cancel cards and cheques).
Think I'll go and have a good sceeeeeeeaaaam.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

You could collect your post from the sorting office. Not Keepsafe, they charge for that, but they are failing to deliver your post, so they don't have the right to return it. They really must get a grip on their operation and come to an arrangement. They have been paid, and delaying your mail is treason. Try that on them for size! They should make the effort to come to your home and identify the addresses used for it. Normally they pride themselves on being able to find people's addresses, so challenge them. I'd try and help but I don't know where you live. Hope your appointment went well with the GP. You badly need your pills. See if you can get one that makes all this hassle go away.

I've got three main jobs to get finished before I go on holiday on Monday, but I feel really tired. I think I'm going to have to start using delivery of groceries then just go out for money and Library. I've got to finish the Magazine, organise the Wildlife Trust programme for the Autumn, and finish arranging meeting times next week. Yawn!