November already? Doesn't time fly!

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: November already? Doesn't time fly!

Post by goodlookingone »

Attacking beurocrasy (Spelling still looks wrong) got thwarted....
Had a phone call.... Seems someone wants me to do some work... I'm in a bit of "Stand-by" until I consider the job - Don't know the client ----- It is Retail , so... Does anybody know which retailer has money to invest? or Looking to save some money... Not many retailers wants expriments done this near t Christmas. I'm told it is within thirty miles of home....

And now something else needing attention... And also long awaited Hospital Procedures now come up next week - Never rains but it pours....
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Just been reading the news on Local Web Connections: One young man in a Motoring "accident" was brought into court re two pedestrians been knocked down by the driver by means of Mounting the Kerb on to the pavement to hit them, then bouncing back on th the road at the traffic Lights.. One victim now dead, and the girlfriend still on Hosp. Police found him but were tardy in charging him as he had 10 x the standard for drunkeness, but sundry other chemicals in his blood before they could confer with him........??? He told the Court that He knew about hitting one person but hadn't noted the second victim??? Well I suppose thats all right then. (Thinks: I MUST move house).
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Yes, you must, as soon as you can. You should think of yourself, and as a new resident in an area, the services would be more focused on helping you to settle in and get sorted.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Good morning folks. Long time no visit ... to cut a long story short, 3Wells and myself have been trying out a bit of a "role reversal" - I've spent most of the last fortnight in hospital :-(. Hoping all are keeping as well as possible as winter draws in .....
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Man... You has reminded me: I must find my appoint - think it's next week. or was it last week.......

Hope you are all mended and OK ....
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Sorry to read that the Ebony Bull has recently been hospitalised. I trust that all is well now.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It's Next week. You said yesterday. I'm sure you will be able to find the bit of paper or ring the hospital for confirmation. Then let us know and we will remind you.

So sorry you've been in hospital Black Bull. Was it your bronchitis again? Hope 3 Wells is OK. Let us know when you're sprung.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Thanks Rwth... At the risk of boring you... Because the Council told Royal Mail to change my address, I don't have the letter. I got Patient Services (They now call it P.A.L.S, To find any appoints logged appoint date/time. But I don't know what I needs to do (Fasting/feasting/getting x-ray, getting errr specimins) Got much to chase up on this week.. or early arrival for pre-tests ... or even which dept they are sub-contacting me to (DON'T LAUGH), but I had to go to Maternity as being the particular machine I was to be connected to... and to another New Dept for some process that had spare capacity. Not even certain that I could find it now?
I see in Local newspaper that The NHS have nibled away part of the Golf Club to park their Heicoptor, and are doing some "Alterations" to get Patients into direct access to theatres, using the Aircrew diagnosis instead of via Ambulance Emergency entrance: Every time I go there, they seem to have rebuilt the place?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Maybe you could ask PALS to let you have a printout of any documents you are supposed to have been sent. They sent me to Maternity last year for Ultrasound scan where they found I had gallstones, but not causing a problem, and nothing else of any significance. I asked if their machine could zap the gallstones, but they said no it couldn't. I thought it was worth asking. Maybe the volume control had been got at to protect the babies. My auntie had hers zapped by ultrasound in Eire, (Cork)
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hands full of many things at present: one anomaly is that Regional NHS controls the contractor who follows Doc's AND referalls: so I needs to chase them up too (Podiatrist) and P.A.L.S. have access Hospitals own responsibility. It is not always clear as to whom does what... There was an MP (not for this area) was complaining that although The Gov can claim so many good things, the linking together of so many hundredsof different outfits was a miserable failure..

P.A.L.S. is far less capable of their predecessors "Patient Services"... It was one of those Services trialled in Two London Teaching Hospitals and extended when found worthwhile ... but the NHS Construction changed...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

As soon as something begins to look as if it is beginning to work they reorganise it so that they can cut costs. Even when it costs them more to make up for what is lost, hey they've done something they can point at to give them brownie points.

I'm a bit emotional because I've been listening to the play about a couple of parents who were just trying to get a badge for their autistic children to release access to the services they need, and to let them accept they weren't bad parents, that autism is a thing and they will always be their parents. My daughter has been in this position, though both her children are relatively high functioning, they still have lots of problems. It probably wasn't enough to say that they were lucky to have her for a mother, so I had a good cry.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Sorry if I'm not fully attentive ...
I'm a bit bogged down in Life, The Universe, and Everything.
...and now a Phonecall....
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Thinking of you.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi each.. Will catch up later..
Off to Post Office, Then a Bus up to Langdon Hills and a Walk and a dose of Fresh air...
Oh.. I'd better pause at Library and do some Photycopies.... and maybe stop at Bakery to buy a Sandwich to eat atop Crown Hill watching down that the Thames doesn't stop flowing... he trees will have lost enoughs leaves now to see down to the River.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Hope you had a good day. It was a lovely autumn day here. I found some baby wipes and cleaned the car with them. That was their original purpose. Then whizzed round with shampoo just as the rain began. No rinse then!
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hello each.. Done a bit of thinking today, and now my brain hurts...

I cut out the pills because Doccy always puts a false address on thr prescription, so I has to correct it before I can sign it. Then because I have retro altered it, the Apothecary won't dispense it. So no prescription made.. I got onto the NHS Dept for controlling GP's who "May have found a solution - Not been able to see Practice Manager (Her day off) but I have been told that the clinic HAS TO GET THE LOCAL GOV TO APPROVE THE ADDRESS???

You may also recall that the Local Gov has renumbered the houses here: Go up to about fifty, then start numbers at No 10.. Thus all the numbers are repeated three or four or four times. I now have data (From one on the councillers) that The affair moved to a Higher (or Highest) court that House numbers Cannot be changed.. but this does mot seem to be common knowledge, and Clinic Managers seen to be perpetuating addresses that are definately "Fake". I may have mentioned this before, (Just scroll on by) but the Health Act 1925 was making the use of the First World War survivals had learned to drive, thus horse drawn ambulances and fire engines were displaced for rapid attendance, but relied on Houses being numbered in sequential order, and numbers being on ypur front door, permanently: no changing numbers randomly - The High court have Decided that The Council MUST allocate Numbers (in the right order) but no facility to delete or change numbers. Unfortunately, this restoration is not being repealed... Not quite certain of the next move.

Hope all are well: I'm off into thinking mode again.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

The Irish addressing scheme works just fine - house/family name, townland, and perhaps include county or your post could rattle around the system acquiring little notes from various post offices such as "they're not here, try county so-and-so ..." until it eventually reaches you :-). Now they've gone and complicated things with post codes ("Eircodes"), which actually might become useful since Google Maps understands them. Unlike UK post codes, the Irish ones are unique to each property.

Whatever about address confusions, that should not be able to get in the way of getting urgently needed prescriptions. Surely someone somewhere has the authority to say "I know this person, and will dispense to them"!
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I posted a reply earlier.. Now can't see it? But since then... I just realized the date - I have Hospital Visit today ... I'd better go ...
15:05 .. so I has a couple of hours... I think this Dept is in a Building site (OK, a REbuilding site).
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi Every one - Well it's goodnight really.. Another day when Everything goes wrong...
I did NOT get Hosp visit tomorrow - On bus and within ten minutes of arrival time at Hospital (and 40 mins before appointment time) when I got a text on my mobile - "Doc is ill, Make another Appoint"... Reception Outpatient Clerk lent me a phone... then ten minutes wait With "We are Busy right now etc" missives (NHS PHONE _Their expense). Then transferred to internal phone - for appoint at a different Hospital ten Miles away...
Then Today Eventually made contact with GP Practice Manager re getting my Prescription - Net result... No progress at aall - She MUST take my address from the Councils Solicitor????? If I Dont want to change my address I must get a letter from MP????? to get a Court Instruction that The Council Cannot keep my own address...
Tomorow a visit to CAB, and Solicitor I think - and a Pill-less appoint at Hospital on Monday (Thinks:must buy a map). Hope everybody else is doing well...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Just back from the club where we had the Quiz. We lost again, but the questions were quite hard.

Shame about your appointment Glo. Will you be able to get Patient Transport to the distant hospital? I'm sure you will force them to get your address right eventually. Have you considered just taking your prescription to the pharmacy and getting them to make it up. Use the fake address just to get what you meds you need, then carry on with the fight. Scrubbing out the fake address may be satisfying, but ask yourself, "Who does it hurt?"

Ireland seems to run things very well. If I wasn't so happy here, I'd consider moving there. Two of my aunts moved there and were very happy. One found plenty of horse racing aficionados to keep her company.