Well, well, well, it’s October

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Re: Well, well, well, it’s October

Post by Brians Cravat »

My cake has been out of the oven for around two and a half hours, having spent four hours in the oven. Over two kilos of ingredients in it and, whilst it was only in the oven at 140C, the mass holds on to the heat quite well. Hopefully, by early evening it will be cool enough to add a few more tablespoons of brandy (As the sainted Mary Berry says in the recipe.) before wrapping in a layer of baking parchment, then aluminium foil before consigning it to the air-tight container that will be its home for the next two and half months before, decorating can commence.

It will be interesting to see the guy who plays the dreadful Rob. I guess that it may be a tad easier to play the dastardly villain on radio. However, I may be wrong. I hope that he is as good as Sunny Ormind was last year. The actor who plays Lillian Archer was a delight and every bit a interesting as her 'Archers' character.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I suppose your cake is nice and cool by now. I will have to make mine, but won't be able to scoff it as quickly as last year. Maybe I'll divide the mixture and make two.

Have fun.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

G' Morning each..

It seems that the Connection man has mis-wired me. Hope all are well, and that £wells is escaped from the Hospital.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Has he sorted it out now GLO? It seems to be one thing after another.

I'm at home having a duvet day with a very slight sniffle. Lots of books to read. Trying to ignore the need to fast today. Half a melon with ginger so far. Maybe a pork chop and salad for dinner and an early night. Tomorrow is another day.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Not actually met him, Ewth... I'm guessing thet he is one of the blokes swaying in the breeze atop the Radio masts..
Pooter now very slow, so I'm trying a Scan/cleaner...
I have been awol Saturday a Voyage on a steam Seagoing Paddle Steamer, and Sunday unable to get pooterer working. Today I'm getting response re "Memories in places I lived or worked in... Just found someone who knew my first boss when I was 15! But I'd better go and sort Appoints, and This weekends Photy's developed...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Was it the Waverley? I went from Clevedon to Lundy a couple of years ago via Penarth and Ilfracombe. The sort of thing that belongs on a bucket list.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Damn.. I just deleted all I wrote.
Yes. she was indeed The Waverley. And very fast she was too. Lots of traffic on The Thames (and lots of Police boats). Four Police boats facing us across the width of the river, and Much Hooting as we sailed between them. Then some slow moving for a minute to Rostered opening of Tower Bridge, then continued slow movement to Park outside The Tower of London - Opposite The Belfast.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Glad you enjoyed it.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Glo is in a nasty mood..
Effi' Doc not only put a wrong address on my prescription, but sent it off (Electic mail) to a pharmacist of his choice
When I complained a skivvy got another prescription, took it to mky local Pharmacy - albeit after I scrubbed out his false address and wrote in my proper address..
Then the pharmacist couldn't process it, because the second script was still drawn on the Docs chosen Pharmacist.
He tried several times, but could not get the Docs Favourite to cancel it.
Me last pill tonight., so if I go a bit bonkers tomorrow (more than usual) you know why...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

You are in an invidious position, GLO, and I hope your MP will be able to shake the Council into useful action.

I really think you would be best off kicking up a public stink over this. You and Yours, and on Twitter. Maybe the useless limbs of chaos around you, or the local school kids on a "visit the old folks and get them to tell you about the 1st World War" initiative would volunteer.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Bit trickier than that, Rwth... Life seems to me that each problem can't be capartmentalised.. Yes I can kick up a stink, but only in a controlled way - The CAB bloke that I spoke to was formally on ... Oh hell, they have changed the managenet several times since I worked for NETRHA, but it seems there are now smaller management groups(i.e Hosps, Emergency, and GP, etc) this CAB man has pointed me to a Local group, oddly, near the MP's area office. I have been told that this group with photocopy to MP is likely to get propt action... Th Local Council bloke has no link with NHS, so I should send a note to him with copy to MP... Once I could AND DID sensible reports to nudge Hospital boards into where they were needed. Not ceretain I can now.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

GLO, if you use the same pharmacy regularly, would they not at least give you a few days' supply to keep you going until you get the doc's cock-up sorted out? It's not as if you don't have a prescription, it sounds a bit like cock-up followed by an extra high grade of "jobsworth"-ing.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

My doctor's surgery is signed up to EMIS, which gives patients limited online access to their records, and enables them to request prescriptions, request telephone appointments with doctors, (not nurses) and check some of the medications they've been prescribed. Even before that, I was able to get the pharmacy to order supplies for me on a regular basis. Lloyds, Boots and Tesco pharmacies all do it, and probably Sainsburys too, but my nearest branch with a pharmacy is 19 miles away and not worth the journey. Even the smaller independent pharmacies can do it sometimes. Going by what another poster on a different board has said, it appears that Essex is stuck in the Middle Ages.

I'm still a bit confused about your 'proper' address. Are you still trying to use the old address or the abomination the Council has landed you with? Which one do you mean when you say you've written the 'proper' one?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

In other news, my order for a revitalised Wormery setup is due to be delivered today. Can I contain my excitement? The surviving worms and uneaten matter from the wormery I inherited from Sir Blunderdog was taken down to the compost bin by my gardener, a few weeks ago, so I'll be able to set it up again this week. using the plastic bin and trays now they are empty. I'll probably have to scrub them first. I may go to the Farm shop to get some fresh food for it.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Thanks for your concern, but NO.. Pharmacy is not regularly on my shopping list, so I buy anwhere - This dates from when I was working all over the place so use nearest Pharmacy, other than the one I was working in of course - My Health is none of their business - difficult if I'm looking at their staff includingpharmacists and the pharmacist's agency charges.. Even more difficult if I were to use a Hospital Pharmacy whilst doing an NHS job..
One has to sign the prescription docket (partly due to the Pharmacist re-charging the NHS, but also to verify that as a Retiree, I don't pay). To sign below my name and address, I have to sign.. so I have to correct the address. I once went to the Pharmacy in ASDA ( officially "Associated Dairy" - Yes, they are clients of mine too) Supermarket because other pharmacists would not accept my corrections that was after the doc signed against the false address.
On this occasion after many requests to Doc, to actually serve me instead of following unauthorised address changes by a Local council. Again I complained and spent so long filling in the official complaint form, that when the clerk got my "corrected" Prescriptioned signed, I could only go to the Pharmacy near the Doc. Even so I STILL had to correct the non-existent address before I could see or sign approval for the chemist...
Now read on... The Clinic Doc's receptionist had cancelled (Verbally by phone, not written) the ASDA docket. The Local Pharmacist could not get either ASDA or the NHS to make the order to his dept/pharmacy. hence the document is unusable.
Obviously my complaint had no effect - hence to the next stage up. There is no improvement to ask a Pharmcist to bodge-up my claim - it would only be repated next 56 days. You might also note that two Hospital Treatments have been delayed a looooong time - Is it possible that Doc gave my false address on their dockets???

I have been to edit this long and lengthy programme, but must tell you this. .. My Local Council has just been repremanded by The High Court for trying to demand Council Tax for addresses that don't exist. The Council (Dating from their predecessors, Commission for the Nrw Towns) were allowed to number new or unnubered Dwellings, but no authority to change addresses. There is a lengthy and difficult change if the owner (or dweller - not certain which) can request a number change, and only for VERY good reasons, not just a whim... Think of Rimmington Place, or that House once used by Mass Murder Fred something or other in Gloucester...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

No, a correction. Worms still coming on Monday. How could I have forgotten my tulip tubs?

In the meantime, perhaps you could ring the non-urgent 111 and get the on call doctor to sort something out for you. He/she might not have to abide by the Council's unhelpful address rules? I used them when I needed treatment but no access to GP for several days.
Brians Cravat
Motoring along
Motoring along

Post by Brians Cravat »

Like Rwth, my GP is on Emis. Getting an appointment, ordering a prescription, etc, can all be done on line. I nominated a pharmacy at the outset. Choice of two local pharmacies and, my choice was simple. I loathe and detest the one pharmacy because, they spend too much time gossiping.

Relatively quiet week this week. Next week picks up again with, a dental appointment, an education appeal in Brum on Thursday and, a concert on Saturday. All this on top of my 'normal' activities.

Enjoy what's left of your weekends.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi BrianLooks like Life is going well.
I think we have to "put the clocks back" in the near future,, or to use the Americanism, Spring On, Fall Back.

Re pharmacies, I'm looking at other Doc's. This lot don't seem able to conmtrol their pooters .. it is looking like the Hospital appountments/procedures that I should have had, have been on my proper address, and they may have put it on the False one ... Letter to MP when I've shook this Flu' off.

Think I'll have a nearly night.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

As a diabetic I think you need a pharmacy you can trust. If you go on to NHS choices, you can look at surgeries near to you, and probably reviews on their performance re: referrals to hospital, what their facilities are etc. You could ask about getting your medication supplies nailed on, reliably. There is another quite good surgery almost next door to mine. I deliberately chose one that would be different to Blunders' so he wouldn't feel I was marking his card. But I used to order his next lot of medication when he opened the last box but one.

You shouldn't run out of medication like this, but order at least 3 weeks before you need it.
Rod
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Rod »

Please stay safe in the coming winds.
Rod