Special Interest groups

Moderator: Moderators

Constance
Newcomer
Newcomer

Dog Club

Post by Constance »

Hello,
I hope in time that those who love all things dog will come and chat in here and swap tails (!) with others of like mind.

C and Mme G
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Dog Club

Post by goodlookingone »

Cat just sat on my Keyboard. I think He is trying to tell me something ... We'd better have a cat club...

Oi, George - why did you just claw me...
Threewellsofmyown
Moderators
Moderators

Post by Threewellsofmyown »

Can I join both please?

One Yorkie and a leap of leopards might give me tales to tell...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I thought I'd find my way in here and bore you with my dog. She's not very obedient, but she's well behaved. OH used to train our dogs, and walk them too, mostly though I'd take the current one on an expedition if the mood took me, and she'd always come along when we went on a combined jaunt. When we lost Jess, aged 8, I vowed to take the new one on at least one walk a day and mostly I have. This one is Cassieopea. She's very tall for a girl Border Collie, and was all eyes and legs when we had her. As an adult of 12 she's quite a bit more sedate than she used to be, but has her moments. We agreed without consultation that one of the things she needed to learn was to come back when told to stop and return. This was for those occasions when the squirrel she was chasing in the park made a bolt for the road. The training was remarkably successful and when we did discuss it, we discovered we were both training her for the same eventuality. It was often random and sometimes she was allowed to herd them uninterrupted. On one occasion, arriving in an avenue of trees, 5 of them broke off from cavorting on the ground and made for different trees. As it happened, the trees chosen were all in a row and I counted them all up in half second intervals.

I often wondered what she'd do if she caught one, but OH said he had seen her nudge one up the back as if to hurry it up. So while I'd call her back if a cat ran for it, she was similarly unaggressive to cats. I think she just wanted to be friends, but the cats weren't keen.