Flamin' June

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Flamin' June

Post by goodlookingone »

I ought to go out today ... I havn't, but I should.
Afraid The Black and Decker man next door is Building a ... Well, looks like a Chalet, but it's taking the Garden - perhaps a King size playhouse.
Bloke next door t'other side Seems to have Lorry loads of Furniture being shifted out,
Bloke on third side (i.e., across the footpath to the next courtyard, but our houses meet over that footpath) seems to have left, and Builders instaling new Kitchen and bathroom and possibly more, for their next tennant.
and a fourth house is having much "Rumbling Wheelbarrowing" over the rickety paving past my house (continuing under my first storey through the Footpath.

I think some might have delayed during Lock-out, but .... Think I'll aim to shops for Aspirin...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Not if you're on anticoagulants I hope.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Wont be Aspirin, I'm already on a Daley dose of Aspirin, so cannot take more...
One Doc gave me Naxoprofen (amoung other stuff). but a later (i.e., younger and more recently trained) Doc prescribed something else - But I don't think its as effective.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

After listening to rain during the night, I looked out of the window to see in the pots on the terrace, the lilies that were in bud, opening. They are supposed to be scented, and because indoors they can be overpowering, I thought I'd try planting them outside. I'm still at the stage of being surprised by the survival of plants and delighted when they flower.

I've been catching up on films I haven't got round to seeing and today it was Colette. Although the starring actress looked a lot like the real person, I'm beginning to be irritated by seeing Keira Knightley in everything. She was surprisingly good in Georgiana, (5th Duchess of Devonshire) and eerily like Georgiana's GGGneice Princess Diana Spencer. Samuel West is less exposed and very good too, but playing a very annoying character took some of the enjoyment away.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh? Did it rain?
I'm not going to say that it did Not Rain.. I never noticed it.

I'll try to avoid the Duchess of Devonshire... My Holidays of Long Gone days were in The Lake District, including Sailing on the Lake at Mrs Devonshires abode... The Sunk Dingy/Yacht was removed from her lake.

How is that Dog of yours - The Heat, and the lack of getting out and about is Frustrating for Humans, but I don't know How it affects Dogs. I remember My Mum's Alsation would enjoy 100 m.p.h. Runs over the Park (It was more than a Park, but that will do for now). He was not as bright as I thought - He tried to keep up with a Greyhound.
Afraid the Estate of My old Home got a message on Radio recently. Seems that the lack of traffic, and people going about "life" has encouraged Deer to commandeer much of the area to roam...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Cassie is elderly. At 15 x 7 she has reached the age for a Royal birthday card. My shack is well insulated and lying well away from the sun keeps her cool, so just popping out into the garden for a breather is enough for her most of the time. I take her with me on my weekly shop, then we go for a stroll in the woods preferably higher up to catch a breeze. There's woodland about 1/3 of the way up Dunkery Beacon and the trees meet over the road in what was called in Shropshire as a goggin. There's moss on the banks as well so when we are going up there in the car she derives great pleasure from the experience. She also likes waiting at level crossings, perhaps in days gone by I would pass a few crisps back to her, but I can't reach to the back compartment of the Volvo.

We do see deer too crossing in front of us quite often, and once on a drive to Stoke Pero on a single track road we saw about 20 roe deer crossing ahead of us. I always drive slowly in the lanes and brake without apology if the road is full of pheasants and partridges, or a herd of sheep or a rabbit caught in the headlights. I nearly mowed down a pedestrian the other day driving up the North Hill into the setting sun. I was going very slowly, because I couldn't see very well, then this chap appeared a couple of feet in front of my bonnet. I was only doing about 15 mph, so I could steer round him, but he didn't turn round and never knew how close a call it was. I saw him again on my way back walking downhill, but I had better visibility and thus had more warning.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

So Cassie is quite a Mature Lady.

The Pedestrian Crassing over the Railway (The London, Tilbry and Southend Loop) was closed some time ago, - It was dedicated to a PSPB reserve and the "New Town" built around it. And I don't like the Walk to the High Street to Cross the Road and Rail bridge and through suburbia to get there, so the Best bet is a Bus up to Crown Hill in Langdon Hills. I'm not really up to walking uphill that far. Sometimes a Nice view (Over the Main Route of the Railway). I'm reluctant to say that a Copse "spoils" the view at this time of year, because the Tree Foliage is so dense that the Gap in the Copse show ony The Dock. which is two or three miles away.
I was thwarted as I'd walked to the railway and had an hours wait for the bus - The Driver did say thay the previous bus Had run, because He just passes it on its return run ?? - Looks Like he had by-passed the Station... Having nothing to Kill the Time, I watched some Blokes digging a hole - Little did they know that Ny Grandad planted the Gaspipe their to the Station and Stationmasters House (You may have heard of The Stationmasters Daughter - went to School with My Auntie Eadie)... She (the stationmasters Daughter, not My Auntie Eadie) became an actress ... Carry on
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I have just seen another film called Edie. About an old lady played by Sheila Hancock, who escapes from her daughter's plans to put her in a home and decides to climb Suilven near Inverness. She climbed it, then I discover that it wasn't a bluescreen fake but a real climb. About 800 Mtrs high. She was 83 when she did it, so I'm filled with shame and will do better starting with Dunkery Beacon and work my way up to Pen y Ghent, or Whern.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I must search for Dunkery Beacon.

Gotta go. Will look later.