Ne'er cast a clout til May be out

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Ne'er cast a clout til May be out

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Some would say Hawthorn blossom comes out at the end of April, so stay wrapped until then, or like my mother wait until May to discard the goose grease and brown paper. Take your pick,

My solar photographer friend has given me references to information on Solar flares, winds, that may knock out the operation of Mr Elon Musk's 12,000 satellites, not to mention Mr Jeff Besos' 3,200 Amazon ones. Amateur astronomers based here will have a pretty thin time of it if they want to see anything after dark.

https://www.solarham.net/ gives access to CME info so that you can pack the computer away in metal if it's going to be bad.

Another is a frighteningly accurate real time Weather forecasting site https://www.ventusky.com/?p=51.450;-2.6 ... =0DFKtpvWA apparently makes the Hadley Centre a little old fashioned, but maybe they will be plotting Global Warming data as it happens. It casts Coronavirus into the shade. I'm turning into a geek.

It's lovely here today.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Ne'er cast a clout til May be out

Post by goodlookingone »

What an incredibly detailed Weather prediction. Not that I needed a prediction - I have just exprienced a Hailstorm.
yup, I know - my fault, but I need a new (Bigger) recycle bin. But I went today because I saw the length of Last Saturday's queues.... But you tell me it is "Lovely" where you are ... I'm going to Sulk.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Do you reckon the fish and chippery will be open?
On second thoughts, it's by the station - and the City workers will be filling the 2 metre spaced queue about now.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Some of the fish and chip shops are delivering. Or other restaurants and pubs are delivering and chish and fips are on the menu.

I had a Bad Day yesterday, but all better now. I did the shopping on Friday so it's been quiet today as well. I just wish I'd bought more chocolate.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Sorry to read that you had a bad day. Hope all is "on-the-mend"

Chocolate ... Sorry about the shortage. Depends on the Supermarket - Where I shop depends on which Busroute is running: but Morrison seems the best one - Still had Thorntons Range. A colleague of mine (Nottingham) Lived in a Cul-de-sac that had Thornton's Factory beyomd the end of the Road's end wall. The Smell of Chocolate caused him to Hate the stuff.
Unfortunately, the Unsold Lock-in re Shopping journeys Easter Eggs Suddenly disappeared from the Shelves - The Story goes that the Combined Supermarkets Gave their stock to the Childrens Hospital/Schools/Homeless etc - I don't know if it's true or to what extent.

Bad News, You may have Heard that Cookiepus (of Mustardland) has today been standing by the phone as The Family (UK, and US) link to the Hospital that her Father-in-Law had been removed from Oxygen Supply yesterday. As they Unable to be seen in The Hospital by relatives because of the Virus. He ceased breathing today.

Best Wishes...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

My gardener came today. My wild garden is a bit tidier, with clumps of daisies and buttercups. The blueberries and strawberries are in flower and the chamomile hasn't all died. The scent of lemon is lovely.

I went on a young Farmers' trip that included the Bournville factory that made Cadburys Chocolate . It was strange. Staff were allowed to eat as much chocolate as they wanted. Nobody lasted more than a fortnight before they stopped wanting to. I lived about 5 miles away for most of my adult life and the place was magical. From the carillon to the sports ground. They were exemplary employers. I have chocolate and can ration it quite well.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

My Garden is NO tidier... I believe that there is a Caveman living beyond the first Shrubbery...
I might have to write louder so that you can hear me.. I think the Neighbouring Houseowner is clearing out another lorryload of his former tennant.... so if you need any displaced Furniture that is leaning against my house....

I too have heard the dislike of Chocolate eating, by the workpeople . .. I did work in a Pork Pie Factory (Walls) but in Southall the work people were mostly Asian Immigrants, and they Didn't eat Pork.

You mentioned Carrilion... Is that a place? The only Carrilion that I remember was when Abel Magwich - A bell ringer of Peets Mustard - arranged a Tech Visit to The Whitchapel Bell Foundary where the Director (not the original 700 A.D. Director) explaining carrilion was a Europian keyboard instrument that Struck bells instad of Ringing them as their products did, Big Ben, Liberty bell, etc. and many that were some yeares older.
You have reminded me of Something else... During whaI call My "Career", I did several jobs in (or Under?) Bristol. At Some time A chocolate Factory (Nestle?) had been taken over by Cadbury, and these very strange cement-mixer-like Mauve-coloured Tankers were frequently seen on the A4/M4 toward bristol - I was told that they were Ready-mix Hot Liquid Chocolate.
On one of those Jobs I had to go out with Royal Mail postmen, This was away from the City Centre, but included a Football ground (They all thought that I needed to see the Football Stadium?), but there were several VERY smelly factories ... Tobacco and Cigarettes, Chocolate, and - smelliest of all - a Leather treatment/scourer/dyer/dryer/proofer Tanners (think of Rolls-Royce Body builders) - Loads of racks out in the open air exuding smells.

Gotta go - Not yey done the April Washing-up.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

The garden is frequently visited by pheasants. We are next door to the Manor, and all over the park the pheasants stroll around looking beautiful.They are infinitely preferable to peacocks. If I need more furniture, I shall have to try Freegle or Facebook marketplace

The Carillon is the largest in Europe, and is on one of the main routes to the motorway. that goes through the village of Bournville built for workers on the estate and in the factory. There is another in the 10 bell church steeple in Ludlow, but those bells are also rung by a keen team of campanologists.

Tanneries are renowned for the disgusting supplies of ordure required to achieve smoothness softness and waterproofing of the output of leather. I'm not sure why some car fresheners are scented with leather? I may start to collect flower petals and make pot pourri as my garden matures.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Furniture is a little difficult to get collected and deilvered in the Lock-out/Lock-in, Locked-up, Locked-down
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I was supposed to finish preparing the magazine for proof reading today, but I was a bit lazy. I have had an ear infection, but it's getting better. I did a few modules to finish off my course on Climate change, so I'll finish for now and have another go at it tomorrow.

It's been another lovely day here.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

So it's not just me with earache...
But What does one do with Shoulder/Neck ache... New Pillows perhaps - I have got some spray-on Muscle ache (or Anti Muscle ache really I suppose), somewhere???.

Hope The Proof reading gets done..

Pondering on a "Wake-up" stroll through the Forest (aka, Nature Reserve).

Stay well.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

You could tuck a hot water bottle near to the affected area. It also helps keep your neck straight. Exercises like rolling the head round your shoulders might help, or at least entertain you with the muted sound of a football rattle. A few deep breaths should then send you off to sleep.

I'm trying to find a joke to entertain people so they won't notice the poached article from Wikipedia. I'm still a page short so have to include a picture from my garden.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Ah ... that reminds me - one of my tasks today was to find a Washer for a hotwater bottle when I went shopping - But missed the bus so came home .. - Unwashered. - Then fell asleep, and feeling more tired ... I MUST get things done tomorrow..

Has your music come to a Pause pending an unlock-down, Is it Solo Practice?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I haven't even practised solo, but will have to for the July service in the last week.

I've just received the cover for my new Kindle. That won't arrive much before July 23. I still have my old one, but it keeps sticking and reloading so by the time I'm fed up with it I'll have the new one.

My nails have grown and I was going to find a chiropodist. I emailed her thinking that I would be lucky to get an appointment, but like my cleaner they are starting up early in June and she gave me a slot in her very first week. I was using a pedicurist but she couldn't quite deal with the one that were curling inward. I'll have to tidy up by then.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Yes.. I think the world is slowly awakening. Not that I know how enlightening it will be. We might just find how Horrific Life is/will be/already has been???

Meanwhile .. My Firefox Link has just updated ... and YOU are the first contact.

You are also reminding me that The Diabetical Nurse has directed a Podiatrist toward me. Then the Cornowotsit plaque took control of everything... I have just managed to re-instate my Prescription's collection, will raid GP when the world quientens down a little.

I Ventured out Yesterday, but without going into the convolutions of But Timetable changes and re-changing without warnings and ... and... Well, I was in a bus shelter with two others - unknown by me. One was a Lady in a Wheelchair, and the other was an elderly gent about my age.. The Latter drew attention to me thet the Former seemed to be collapsing... I shook him awake and hoisted him into a normal seated posture (instead of his head sinking to below his needs). He slowly revived, feebly declared that "it had happened before, so it was no problem" (that was only his opinion - He couldn't remember where He was going). He didn't need help... Meanwhile the Wheelchair Lady (Who obviously had speech problems) was having trouble explaning location to the Ambulance Control was now having trying to cancel the Anbulance.. And of course ..THAT was when the Much delayed/retimetabled/late bus arrived. Driver couldn't wait - it is was for us to decide if we wanted a bus or an ambulance??? A decision made by the ill man climbing aboard... Again, as the driver explained, "If He dousn't want an ambulance, then there is nothing the Ambulance crew do..."

Now to see how the revitalised Firefox manages...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

That is a complicated story. I wonder if the man passed out again, or took himself off to A & E.

I hope you connect up again with the podiatrist soon.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Don't think so, He left the bus out in Suburbia...

I have had some weird phone calls lately... On Sunday, I got a Prescription from GP. Some one thought that I was "Confused" ... I WAS confused to the extent that their e-mail (when I ordered prescription) the E-mail addressed referred me to some Doctor agency, so I had to make several attempts to get a phonecall in. No comments at the time of collecting the 'script, BUT an "Adult Carer2, A Nurse, and a GP (some sort of a sort ob 48 hour belated Doc) all phoned me.. I thought I'd quelled that, but today, two nurses showed up here to see if I was alright.. Took ages to get rid of them...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Did they say where they were from? You could increase the confusion by assuming Matt Hancock personally sent them, or that council jobsworth who changed your address. Did you get them to do your washing up? It'll soon be June. Did they test you for Covid 19?
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

It was Jobsworth (Actually what I put above is a Precis... )
They did want to examine me ... Well, I let them go so far (Blood test, Blood pressure,Temperature, Add their opinion to Podiatrist. But They weren't going to get as far as they wanted.....
Unfortunately, I've already done the April Washing up...... But I did mention the Redecorating - that's when they left...

I'm just pondering on How to use their visit to get things done .... I Must get in contact with my Colleague who can TYPE???
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Bring it on. You might need an Occupational therapist visit to assess you need things done. You do need a podiatrist to keep your feet safe. You can make a list of what you need. Maybe they can recommend a dishwasher.