Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Ne'er cast a clout til May be out

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi again....
Podiatrist: Not the top of my list, but The Diabetical Nurse (i.e., on the GP's Staff, Not Doc Herself) Seems to have her own range of contacts, and drafted a letter and my record, e-mailed both in my prescence to Podiatrist. No, Not whinging about that, but Last time my "Stroke" follow up (Hosp Doc had only a Part Scan from The Stroke photos of my Urgent Reception scan, But He wanted a 100% scan) - I heard no more, but looking at a little used phone (from my working days) i found a "Reminder" that I knew nothing of ... nor did I know that Basildon Hospital had "sub contracted" work to Private Hospitals, Nor that a private Hospital actually existed over the Shiops in Westcliffe. - It is possible that The same Result may have happened from Doc's (or more Likely from the address change?) Nurse - But in the prescence absortion of so many staff to the Current Plague, I did not expect promptness. ... but as I say, it is not urgent.

I have just listened on The Radio (11.00 a.m.) how some group in the West Country had set up their own area Local Gov within their Council - No, It's more complicated than that, but interesting nevertheless.

Occupational Therapist ??? There are so many therapists that I'm not certain Who Does What ... Not certain that an Occupation will help. .... although back in my "working days" I did click a stopwatch at Some makers of Disability Aids (the Staff thenselves being Theapy patients, Manufacturing disabled needs) in A Hospital in NW London, and I worked with One of the Dietician's involved with some Therapists (They had a swimming pool and Gymnasium in the Basement of a now-demolished Hospital).

Why do I keep thinking back to work - only the worthwhile jobs, NOT Local Gov - although City of Oxford was "Sane".

How is that Dawg of yours ... Cassie had been brought home from her romping in the woodlands - No effects remaining, I Hope.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I had an Occupational Therapist call to assess what I needed when I was waiting for my hip operation. She said I wasn't helped by a very steep 2 step arrangement that I had already tripped over, so a shallower 3 step set with handrails was provided by our local council. I got the builders to quote for the back step and it would have cost £800. I thought it was less urgent once the front had been done.

They had a specially warm swimming pool under the admin wing of the old QE hospital in Birmingham but people weren't being referred to it by orthopaedic consultants. Only the patients thought it was beneficial, but the chief exec was the ambitious kind only focused on his career. The Healthwatch group fixed him by reporting truthfully on his consultations with the voluntary sector and community. The hospital had produced a glowing report on themselves, and when invited to do so, we paraphrased my geography teacher's comment. "Ruth has done no work this term". They asked us to modify our comment but since they had feigned ignorance of our activities when we requested access we thought it was fair to say they had not engaged with us.

Cassie has engaged with lockdown by escaping for lone constitutionals only when the gardener is here and presumably looking after me. She hasn't done a sponsored tour of the garden, but has supervised it thoroughly and visited Exmoor after our weekly shopping trip.

Minehead has been in the hands of independents for nearly 2 years. One deaf and disabled gent had been cleaning up the streets of litter and worse so was co-opted onto Minehead Town Council. The Tory politicians had been skipping their duty to keep the streets and public toilets clean so when they were challenged on their performance they all resigned barring the chap in the adapted mobility vehicle. At the next election, only Independents stood, and were elected by default. The street cleaner has been sculpting tin cans into interesting shapes, but I don't lik Minions so am not tempted to buy one of them.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Bit slow in responding - I feel More Tired than I ever was when I had work..
One of the first Freelance Job I did was called QE II but in Welewyn not Birmingham - But that Shiny New Hospital is now Obsolete and Destroyed . .. So I'm feeling even older - although on recollition, several newer than that were also reduced to Hardcore. You wouldn't believe how rapidly developments are made?

Re Your QE reasponse ... Yes, I've worked for outfits like that .... You May have noticed my Comments on local Gov...? But I have found Various NHS outfits actually Interested in their Clients needs (or .. interested in the Acedemic developments - probably why things go obsolete so quickly) ... and Some of the best bosses I've everb worked for.

The One with the Swim pool was The Middlesex Hospital (i.e., THE Middlesex, Not the North Middx nor the West Middx.. I think it was named after a Royalness rather than Geography) The Therapists were Trying to get more NHS Customers without Having to wait for A Doc to Assess them ... That was NOT the right area for them to advertise. Not many Dwellers, but a Lot of Visitors.

'twasn't Minehead mentioned - Could have been Frome - Certainly began with "F" - The Phrase "Non-Party" was mentioned... When This Town was Formed (Initially "Commission for the New Towns Development Corporation", Then "Basildon New Town" but more recently just a Borough Council). When I worked in a Local Council, This Town (Like Harlow) was always seen as "Good places", having no History to perpetuate...., but since then, their sole Purpose was to Change or demolish Everything that The CNT had started.

I was listening to the Radio earlier - a report from the Coronavirus ITU dept in The Royal London Hospital in East London It is actually a New Hospital, Behind one of that name that I worked in ... (See what I mean about the "Then" new treatments/methods etc are all Superseded). The Doc got called away mid Interview as a patient had faded in the last hour, ... (and now dead), But nothing was that sudden when I worked there, The Doc was directing all sorts of orders and help. When I was there (The Main effort was re Accidents, Falls (Mainly Builders) and so on) was getting a call, the Helicoptor Scrambled, The Crew Tending, Starting Stableising the patient, Getting the Police "Barclaycarding" him (Searching his clothes to get an address to get his Medical details), Getting him into Hospital with all the details that Had been Radioed in to His Needs and status, Blood bank On Call with Whatever Details as they can get, appropriate Surgeons/nurses/tools and operation started within "The Golden Hour"... All those things have changed now,,,

Or... as a Certain Nurse (Theatre Superintendant) said to me - "If the Patient dies, it's a real Downer".. and then Having to make everyone "Upbeat" prepping the Theatre for the Next Client.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Yes, I heard the programme about Frome (Pronounced Froome here) and was pleased. I found out from the 1891 census that my gt gt grandfather was from there. It is about as far from Minehead as you can get but both towns have the right idea. There's only Porlock to the west then the next town is in Devon.

It's a pity they let politicians make the decisions. There's so much corruption they are nearly all compromised.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Devon ..... Not exactly my birthplace (They had this war, and hospitals damaged or full of Seamen and Dockers) so I was born A Loooong way North of London.. But my "Evacuation Address" was Devon .... Until that Nice Mr Eisenhower moved the evacuees out because they were seeing the Casualty rate of the D Day practicing...
Now, What were you saying about Politicians Decisions...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

My neighbour married a man from Slapton sands. He'd have been a young lad then, maybe one of the ones taught how to break down a gun and rebuild it by the American soldiers preparing for D Day. He grew up to become a History teacher.

The politicians are bribed to make decisions backers have chosen. The ones who'd rather pay to rig an election than pay taxes.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It would have been my husband's birthday today. One year I bought him a Nevada Rose. It used to sprout green leaves, while other roses sprouted Red leaves. Then year after year it bloomed pale yellow roses on his birthday and thereafter.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

My (short) time in Devon was Woodbury - Mum Tells me that Much time was spent telling Yankee Soldiers Playing Soldiers, that She Shouldn't be giving them directions.
Eisenhower Moved the Locals out, so I was sent to somewhere in "A place of Safety" - Mum's Uncle (A sort of internal postman for P & Q, but now the Centre of the Navy/US docks) ... Difficult to think of a more targetted place???

Your Husbands Birthday ... Strange that I keep thinking back ... I wonder How many realize that Next Week is the Anniversary of Coronation Day..
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

A friend of mine had a baby that week. So she and he always remember it.

So Hitler missed you. You're a hard man to kill.

Still no rain here. I think it's been a month or 6 weeks.Things are wilting even in this shady park. The trees suck up a lot of the ground water.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hitler DID Miss me, but Dad was away (Nijmagen, Brussels and Germany were Mentioned), but He was on "our" Side.. Most important Job in The RAF.. He drove The Tea Lorry (among other things) Transferring Airfields from Luftwaffa to RAF proprietership, and feeding the populace working for RAF?.

Rain.... Had some (minimal) here on odd occassions. I'm not convinced that Langdon Hills changes the weather betwixt Me and The Thames. But it is certainly less warm here. (300ft height I'm told?). Not inspected the trees (Nature reserve) as The Railway closed off the pedestrian crossing - Not certain If I'm "Allowed", nor find it pleasant, to Go over the Railway Bridge and find a way through the Housing Estate on the other side.