Beware The Ides of March

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Beware The Ides of March

Post by goodlookingone »

The Filiing cabinet(s) and a lot of the clutter has gone. - only noticed by the timber scraping agaist my wall - but it actually sound as though the removers have just chucked some of it back into the house???? No Lorry??? So I guess there have been complaints about blocking the footpath.

Shopping had been easier. but since then the Town Centre Bus Station is now a Parking Place for Many (now unused) buses - including a Fleet of NEW Shiny Blue buses (with lots of Luggage shelving) for the Airport Holiday runs ?????? The local buses seemed to have been "Condensed" into only the two "Doorways from Shops to bus" out of the 12 Bays. Looks like all routes to my end of town at one bay, and all in the other direction (Towards Mr Legs & Karmik Chris) end of town.

I don't want to give Catfood to Cats Protection or PDSA Hospital, when it is the Kind folk of "Purrs" provided it. I'm trying to get The Lady Neighbour to keep me in touch with them, to make it clear that it is available to them... assuming that availability becomes available again.

When I went to the bank a few days ago there was a definate shortage of staff to watvch me suspiciously, but I noted that NatWest had a doorman, limiting the number of customers whilst the Latter queued accros the paving - at ^ feet spaces between them.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

PS. I MUST learn to type - Possibly using two fingers instead of one.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

That Damn Moggy of mine. I have told his benefactors that He doesn't eat "Dry" food. Just to prove me wrong, He tore open the dry food and raided it .... But when I offered him some, He left it.
I also said that the "own brand" cat food had minimal meat and much Jelly .... Proved wrong again - The recently opened pouch had LOTS of meat. Something odd about their quality control.

Gotta go, He is sitting beside me in Head-butting mode - Like an irate Diner demanding the waiter to serve him. ..... I know my place.

Just had to go out to see Bank. Minimal customers in My Bank, (Halifax) but easily outnumbered by staff - some of whom I had never seen before. (I didn't want money, but the afore mentioned change of address has caused problems and I need some evidence to prove who I am). But I noted the Other Banks (Lloyds, Natwest, Sanander) all had doormen to control the number of customers, queueing down the pavement at about 10 feet spacing. So was ASDA, but with a much longer queue = abpot 12 shop widths long, but of course, with 10 ft spacing the queue was not too many people.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Own Brand does have plenty of jelly, but who knows what they use to pad out loaf food? I think own brand is all made by the same company with slightly different recipes. I give Cassie half and half mixer and meat. The mixer (Wagg) is allegedly 'complete'. We used to feed earlier border collies on basic Vitalin. They seemed very active and shiny, but Cassie was never keen on it. Blunders first got Wagg for her and she seemed to like it. Her favourite thing is British Brie. But as a treat. Not available last time when I looked, sadly.

I don't think I can justify a 32 mile round trip to the nearest Halifax, though I get my petrol in Bridgwater. My gardener is covering his gardening work with shopping trips. If I ask him to bring me a quiche from the bakery and some yeast, he can come and do some more work in the garden. We'll have to sit a metre away from and opposite the bistro table at coffee time.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi!
My pooter went "belly-up" - seems to be a Keyboard failure (it started by mixing upper and lowercase Characters randomly - which was a problem as I needed Passwords and so on, to renew my house insurance). I tried to restart, BIG MISTAKE. This pre-historic steam-fired computer was Rebuilt as a Physiotheray workshop by a disabled Group. .. Fine, except that the County did the loading of their (cut price I think) Window seven, AND put a Security start-up that needs a Password entered before one can start. As the Keyboard did not work I had to buy another keyboard - Not easy with the Limited access to shops. New keyboards are without cables, and use "Wireless connection to the computer", So my first attempt still wouldnt get through whatever devices the expired keyboard used.
Got it working but I'm not in a good mood - - Much to get done on the Last day of March - But I needs a good nights sleep first.

My Kid Sister works (and Lives) in the Greater London Area. She Works in a Hospital (Near Ilford) and is conceerned about the lack of Face Masks etc., as she is saying that the Building is now Crowded with Patients, Ambulance Crew, and so on. She seems to have Patients or Prospective Patients and their Carers displaced from other Hospitals, although Her own Site have ceased taking ICU of conventional needs, to use that dept for the Cornoavirus expected crowds. .. not to mention Staff shortages so The queues of incomers and outpatients are cluttering the place. Hence she only gets Late to get Shopping and in the "one person out - new shoppers must queue".. And shortages must visit more than one supermarket to try her needs. (e.g., the Milk Depot - From just North of Cambridge - only have Two drivers for E London instead of three, thus One supermarket lacks a delivrery - Ditto to Fruit, dittoo for..... etc). Shortage of Bus drivers making Evening Shopping more difficult to visit more than one Supermarket.

I don't know Which petfood maker also makes the "Own Brands", But In my "working days" I remembered that makers of Human Foods (Heinz, Joe Lyons, Cross and Blackwell) did make other Brands products but with Different Recipes. You wouldn't believe the rapid changes of my Namesake (Harris* Pork and Bacon) Bacon Curing ... Mark and Spencer even needed different salt bath containers.... Now I've gone off topic again - I was just remembering the Milk bottling factory .... All came out of thge same processing tanks (Irrespective of whether it was Local Farms, or Tankers From Europe via the Ferry), but some shops (M & S, Waitrose) wanted a much "shorter" use-by date. ......

No Good - My mind wandering - I'll disappear for the night...

Goodnight.

* P.S. Not only was the same surname as me, BUT, both the Manager, and the Accountant with whom I was working for, BOTH had my Same Suename AND Forename. Made it awkward to Submit Their Signatures on my Time-sheets for my Agency. What's the chances of that Coincidence?

Goodnight again.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

HELP.....
Got a problem. For various reasons (too complicated to go into) My House Insurance renewal got a last minute delay. A Possible insurer wants to know the type of tree growing in my garden, near to the House.
Does anyone know how to identify it.

All in feet and inches I'm afraid. No metricals in this house.

Its about 15 - 20 feet high.
Trunk about 9 inches Diameter/36 inches circumf
Bark, Very rough, with vertical grooves about an inch apart.
A few green leaves on each twig, Each leave almost heart shaped tapering down to its stem, serated edges.
leaves about an inch wide, possibly one and a half inches long excluding the stem, one to five leaves on each stem, and several stems from a slightly larger stem.
(but remember time of year, probably not fully grown)
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Possibly a lime or an ash? Try here for clues:

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/trees- ... ify-trees/
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Thanks for that - afraid I got waylaid.
However, I tried to use a camera to get a photo, I have charged the camera battery, but I cannot find theb whatever-its-called to load the camera (or the card) to the computer - seems to have a different plug-socket to anything else.

MIGHT BE ash, or not? the leaves aren't all the same shape - some are heart shaped, but My guess is that the leaves are still growing and not yet reached their final shape/size. - not all are the same size.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Are you renewing wit the same company?

I got waylaid with the FSC website.They sell lots of guides on anything in the wildlife field you can possibly imagine, including trees.

When you were working with two other people who were named after you, was that when you were identified as "the good looking one"?
Generally speaking, I think own brands are made by Northern Foods, but the Tesco version of Cassie's food may be made by Butchers. Seems to be the same thing from the smell.

I'm sorry your sister is having so much difficulty with shopping. If she shows ID as NHS staff they may fall over themselves to help, but there are some sick morons for whom it works the other way. Not many of those I hope.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi. Think I'll open an April Fools Calender Post. See yo thereb in av minute.