February, 2020 - Approaching the Solstace and More daylight

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: February, 2020 - Approaching the Solstace and More daylight

Post by goodlookingone »

I don't know Wells - well, I do know Wells-next-the-Sea, but that's a different place altogether (Another Tangent - f you walk along the beach at Wells You would see where there is a few hundred yards along the cliff, so much has collapsed that the road above you is only a half-width, so you can see the Different strata of road bed as every hundred years or so, the relevant Generation have added their new surface).

The Levels - Yes there was a Mustard Meet there, but Somewhere on a previous before-my-time (?) in that area Mr and Mrs Three Wells got themselves to meet a Baby Rhinocerous at a Zoo.

Yup. I had (Still have) two accounts - if one was workng where the Client didn't like you having your own money on your pocket (Nor their money too, of course) if one was working in a bank, or anywhere near Cash registers, Wages offices etc (Boots, New Look, Mr Cohens establishment - "i.e. Stack it high, flog it cheap, every Little Helps") but if t comes to your last working day and you need to pay accommodation, dinner, petrol to ge home etc. One would be in an awkward sitution if One of the Banks cash machines didn't work that night. Thus I have two accounts - no wealth, just two accounts. If I can ever get both banks to find whatever address I have this week, I will restore that situation.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Tomorrow is Leap day. Some friends of mine got married that day in 1990. I ought to do something special tomorrow to mark the day. I just feel like staying in bed, but my gardener wants to come between the torrents of rain, so I should get up and dressed by 9 am in case the weather is good. My bedside radio got wet and I couldn't turn it off so now if there's something I want to listen to I have to get up and wear something warm. One day It will be warm, say 20 C and I can go and have breakfast outside. The daffodils will be over by then.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Leap years day - Yes there was a Mustard Person, Known at Different times "Oi You", or as Goldilocks. Her Birthday was Feb 29th, and thus considered herself as a Teenager, having only a Birthday every four years.
I went To The Mustard Meet Today, More people than Expected, but far less than "The Good Old Days". BUT..... We had some "Meets Lists" from days of Yore. I wonder if these Names Ring any Bells.

The Woo Meet (The meet at The Zoo to meet Zuri The new born Hippo - or was it Rhino? - Threewells of her own, Mr Wells, TVD (aka, The Vintners Driver) Steve and Kathy (Don't know them but aka as Civilian and Katherine), Eyore

Also noted on Several other meets. Drystane, Dagesh, Sunlit Morn, Phil (I'm guessing this was the Late Fitology Phil?), Schezerage, Somebody Else, Ruby Morn, Word Lover (still around as a different name) Lambswool, Alladin Sane, Erminstrude, Hebe, PLP (Polite Lady Portia??), Curly, and of course Dirigables - Actually there were many others but this was just the first Few (of Three books) pages of Sheena's book - There were more....
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I came to one of the first Tate Meets. I remember seeing Dr Darling, Mr Legs, Redbookish, Damsonjamqueen, Reggie Trentham, Dagesh, Maybe Whitby Rose who I first met in York, Also San Fairyann and Le Veult. One female MLander who gave me a close hug to see if I had splashed on a soupson of the Prince Regent's favourite scent. Oh and Cookiepuss with her Tardis of comestiblesand an obsessive lust to refill it at Borough Market. Wasn't it Sunlit Fern? who also came to an Oxford Meet, And Bearhug who kindly posed outside the Bear in Oxford for Photos.