January 2020

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

January 2020

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

A new Decade. So far so good. My cousin's farm in Australia is relatively undamaged, though they expected to go back to a ruin. Their house in Canberra may also have been slightly threatened. They are relieved, but feel guilty over people who had worse.

Hoping for a nice day tomorrow.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: January 2020

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi, Did you read my last entry for Dec? Mermaid just posted in The Village Pump. She has given the Funeral Date: It is to be a "Family only" Meeting.

Obviously Good news for your Cousin: I was wondering how many English (OK, UK) are lacking knowledge of their emigrant families.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It will be East Anglia. I hardly knew her, or remember Honeysuckle Woodbine's posts. Sad if the family are excluding friends though. Friends are the family you choose for yourself.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

It seems that Honeysuckle Herself asked for it to be a Small event.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Gone quiet here innit?
If Big Ben cannot be kick-started for the 00.00.01 a.m 1st Feb Brexiting, will there be any "Ode to Joy" Concert Groups for you to take yourself and Violin?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

We are playing on the last Sunday of the month, but not for Brexit. We lost badly in the quiz tonight, but it's hard expecting Somerset people to have intimate knowledge of Cockernee rhyming slang.

The wind seems to have dropped a bit now, but Brendan may not quite have finished with us.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

No Cockernees in Cockneyland, me Ol' China. They all moved out here .... BUT, My GP Lady from a Large London Teaching Hospital in Whitechapel Is Egyptian, where there are minimal Cockneys.
So where have the Essexites Gone ...... A Historian one-time colleague tells me to Listen to the Autralians.... I The Convict Ships Sailed from Tilbury.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi! B Cold here...
... and Quiet .........

Just been on phone to Kid Sister. Much Chaos in her neck of the woods - Yesterday Evening there was some Criminal action very near to where she lives - Her buses to and from work were re-routed because the Police Closed some roads (The News programme said that The Mayor had closed the roads), and The Police presence in the Morgue of the Hospital where she works have added to general Mayhem.

There is still some discution over in Peets, re the annual "Mustard Meet" and I did say that I'd mention it in Oher Mustards. Currently Comparing 22nd or 29th Feb (Saturdays) at the Royal Festival Hall, South Bank of the Thames. I don't know who reads which thread now?

I'm Cold and Tired, so I'm off for he night.
I hope all going well in your neck of the woods...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Yes, it's fine here if you don't count a host of jobs to do before sleeping.

Your sister works in the morgue? or just the hospital where the morgue is. I did hear about a multiple stabbing but not sure where.

Than for the reminder about the Meet. I'll be playing in church on the Sunday so I can't go. I'm not tempted to go to that there London any more. It feels much further away than it used to be when I lived in Brum.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Sister works more Generally in that Hospital, but there was increased police presence includng he Morgue that was still being used for other patients (well, now ex-patients I suppose)- But there have been armed machine-gun Police there in several occasions throught the Hospital when a Patient(s) needed protection - To go "off topic" apropo of nothing in Particilar.. It used to be a Mental hospital until the Original "King George Hospital" absorbed the site and enlarged When The King George was closed. The Mental Hospital's Perimeter included a Park.

I was working for The Borough that served that park and I was involved with security. (even back then - 1970/80's there were vandalism and worse in that area) Unfamiliar Parkeepers seconded to that park had security concerns about "Lots of odd People there". Yes the Hospital Patient's (and staff) took a stroll in that park making it more busy than most parks, but They were not he problem.

I don't know if anybody else from he "old Days" has presence in this home, but I did say that I would mention the meet here.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Dentist this morning. Then call from gardener to say Tree surgeon would be coming with shredded wood delivery for mulch. It got busy then. Got on to the bank to pay for delivery and transfer money for dentist. Then phone call from friend. I was able to get a downer after that.

The Met office has had trouble with the local observation point, which may have fallen into the sea. It hasn't updated since January 17. Apparently the one over the water in Penarth is also in trouble. Their IT department is working on it.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi..
Bit out of touch - arm wrestling with authority.

I have a tree VERY near to my house, and much as I hate to execute it, it is only a few feet from the House, and I'm really needing to to fit new windows, and the Tree is affecting my Garden Door, and adjacent window. I think it may ge cut-down rather than extracting the roots..... extracting the roots sound likes a dental job.

Penarth ... I believe its along the coast from somewhere bigger ... Swansea or Cardiff. ... I did a job at one of those places for "Every Little Helps" aka, "Stack it high, flog it cheap" - Jack Cohen's Emporium.. Which ever of those two cities it was, it was Very near to a Bay where Some True-to-Life TV serial was made (You must have seen it, A Doctor Who travels in Time and Space).

Just as well that a later job I had - Nightstar (Sleeper trains Eurostar's for longer Journeys - East of the Alps etc) got Cancelled if I couldn't tell the difference betwixt Cardiff and Swansea.