Re: The October of 2019

Post by goodlookingone »

How is that Dawg of yours?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

She's eating again, but she's very lopsided. Perhaps she's worse but getting used to it. I took her to her favourite woods, but had to stop on the way because she was uncomfortable in the car. She was happy when we got there and walked in cheerful zig zags down the path. I have to work out how to stabilise her, I have a harness but no anchor points in the back. The back seats may be the answer. I'll experiment tomorrow.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh... There has been improvement: I hope the exercise helps her.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

She doesn't like steps in the dark. She tried to come back in just after midnight, and went the wrong side of the steps. I called her, but she just went toddling off. I've been out looking for her, but I can't find her anywhere. There's not much I can do but leave the door wide open and hope for the best. She usually comes back, but I have to admit I'm worried. It's not that cold, but It rained a lot, and she's not well. I keep looking to see if I can spot her and guide her in.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I saw on Facwbook that She was home.
Sorry, not saying much today - not well, so off for the night.
and pooter acting oddly? Not certain why...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Sleep well. Hope it has the effect of knitting up the ravelled sleeve of care.

After trying to sleep with the front door wide open letting all the money out, I eventually closed it, and asked the rooks to bring her back. One of the other residents on the park rang me about 8am to say she was with him, and yes, she was there in the house with the Cats Protection logoes and a truly beautiful Hydrangea in his garden. He had given her a rub down with a towel and put her on a pet bed with water and cat food nearby. He had thought she had been hit by a car, but I was able to explain that she was lopsided because of her stroke.

The weather may improve now. The moonlight was stunning after all the rain.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi, rather quiet here - I'm a bit "tied up". Hope Dog is doing well...

A couple of weeks ago we were discussing the collosi of Hospitals .. I was looking for something or other, and encountered the Name of a Lady that I shared an Office with: We left on the same day, and I never seen her Since. She is now a head Honcho of her Proffesional Organisation, Dietary and Nutrition, and involved in several organisation (Good houskeeping, BBC, etc.) Apparantly She does something on TV and Radio (as she had always done, as well as Evening class tutor re "Ancient Recipes", design and use of Kitchens for the homes of disabled people, and an incredible range of her hospital dietary work ) written several books (ten of her own, and co-written another seven.) - So what? well I was just thinking of How under-employed I had Been?????
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Dr Annie Gray?

Yes. Dog is much improved. She was encouraged by other owners who had reported full recovery of border collies from strokes, going on for years afterwards.

I've got to go and have another practice for tomorrow's service. They WILL choose "Dear Lord and Father of mankind" in E flat major meaning that we have to stretch our fingers a lot.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Not Dr Annie Gray, Try Fiona Hunter... (but there are Lots of other bods - Sports, Acting etc of that Name)

Has this text gone wrong. Just got a call Mid-posting, and everything went wrong. A Lady wanted someone to talk to, in the town centre some months ago, and She has now taken to call me - Quite pleasant but I was just taking a break fro Life's complications.

"Dear Lord and Father etc..." involved another Former Colleague of Mine Who is a Chorister in Ongar (not that it involved xcess finger stretching)- seems to be a group of former Chelmsford inhabitants who had left that Metropolis - The One-Horse Town of Chelmsford is now A "City"?????
Nice that Your Dog is so much better. Is her name "Cassie" or have I got my wires crossed?

Just gone back to de-cluttering (Well, actually, I was looking for some documents, needed), Some old Tax accounts are old enough to be shreded, but after shredding, the Volume expands multi-fold. - I cant remember some of those Jobs: One was in a town/village called "Spion Kop", presumably a namesake of a long-ago battle. I found the invoices that I paid for accommodation, but no idea what the job was... But I'll save the details of one job that the client did not pay until that very nice Lady Magistrate got money out of him. My Client had told His client that He could save lots of money by getting this 3rd Party to (Me) back up his very-unlikely Labour costs. He was too optomistic, and didn't want to pay me when He didn't Like My figures.???

In all this, I seem to have misplaced Moggy - But He had claimed "squatters rights" by curled-up and sleeping in one of my newly emptied boxes...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I didn't have to do finger stretching after all because I overslept and only got there just as they were doing the hymn run through, so came home to try and restore structure to an event that is fast on the way to total collapse. Having shored up one side I went out to give Cassie a crabwise walk on the Quantocks, picking up some sweet chestnuts from the ground on the way back. Incidental benefit more than foraging. You can''t really call it that if you can get it all in one pocket. Yes, she is called Cassie by the way.

I called into the orchestra leader's pad to apologise and she gave me the music for the next gig which is in the afternoon. so that's all right.