Post by goodlookingone »

Hi everybody - been Tied up awhile.
What have I missed?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Soggy July

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Not a lot. Is it wet where you are? It's hot here so my gardener is working the shady side of the garden.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

No, but it has been .....
I know you are a fully paid-up String instrument player. Did you hear that Parliamentry Prog on Radio on Sunday.. A Group of Parliamentarians with their own Musical group - No arguing, no oppositions, but they sounded good to me.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Must Listen again.

I've been to a Chairs' meeting of the local groups of the County Wildlife Trust. New Chair and Chief Executive, so there will be changes some of which we'll like and some not. Time will tell, but more work for me lashing my group into action.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi Ya..!

I hope things are going OK in your neck of the woods...
I really must get my Head into gear. Not been here much - A bit of Moribundity, Worry, Confusion.

Afraid Fridge/Freezer went "Phtt" - well, not exactly, It just Stopped getting cold. Vast amount of Food evicted? Replacement also NBG, so a matter of sending it back and waiting for the Refund - Must try again in the Morn..
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I wondered what had happened to you. I had to turn mine up a bit, but I'm not sure if it did any good.

I went up to the Welsh borders to meet my niece who is very much involved with the Square Kilometre Array, which links up telescopes all over the world. She was here as the Australian Board Member to visit Jodrel Bank
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Right - Replacement Frij/Freezer delivery for Tomorrow.

"Square Kilometre": was this a step up from the Doomsday Anniversary assemblage of Maps and History? I remember an inter-school re-run, but even in that recent update, much had changed.

I have actually been following recent History in this quarter of this Town. Things replace in my time at this place (Since 1980) and being impressed by the then new 1975 buildings - They are now being demolished - Oh what a waste of resources, and what a lot of Hardcore is being made for the building trade. I wonder will new bricks come from - The Clayfields of Peterborough seems to be depleted.

I must stop prevaracating. I have enough ammo to attack Council/Royal Mail/ etc. And I even have some support. Must get on....
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Oh good. When you manage to demolish their conceit and bullying let us know. It will take a while to get things moving along smoothly, but it's progress of a kind.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

The step forward met a relapse - I kept losing a very long e-mail and had to start again - I should write it on Open Office and then transfer it, but it never quite Fits. However.. The delay got another feedback, which troubled me a bit, but it does look as though I could goad one of the utilities into doing things that I want doing - Needs a thoughtful reply. The Electrickery People said that they could not help me because they cannot find my address.. so backed off - I escalated this (God Bless Resolver A spin off from "The money Saver Expert", so they have re-opened contact after denying that I exist - But I can now write as someone who has moved to an Escalated Position.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Well done. If it was easy they wouldn't need you to do it. If you narrow your margins and use the same font as your email, say Helvetica, it might fit better. I'm always having to remove inserted lines in the transferred text. Maybe just attaching the main document and giving a short message in the email might work. The missing emails may be in your drafts folder on the email folder, but The Yahoo/BT endgame is very messy.

If you have been using electrickery, they just need to follow the cable and it will lead to you - and George. The reduced marmalade cat company. Resolver couldn't help me with Telefonica. Not their fault that their O2 software was not up to the job. (Designed by the same firm that did Hampton Court Maze). The Escalated position should have the effect of making them drop all the default charges if any.

My roses are looking good. We had some rain last night.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I was working on the lecktrickery people as a simple Firepath (now safely involved with Stepchange as Armour, before laying into The Water/Gas suppliers) but I am now at the stage of "Escalating", and I am being asked the same questions over again. However, I don't think I'll live long enough to case up all the threads, but I now have my first line of defence re postal address. I have complained to both The Post Office, and Royal Mail. Neither were helpful, BUT .... Having proved that I have their unhelpful response, I can use their responses to the outfit that Controls them (Postery recomended by C.A.B., .... Bank Manager recommends a new outfit re Non receipt of Mortgage account - the old Financial Services Authority has divided into Commercial and Personal Aspects: The latter also controlling compensation. All I'm trying to do is reduce the Solicitors Costs to conclude - She was almost apologetic for her need to spending four hours (at £250/hour) just to get the Case Number - I have now got that Court Details - A helpful former Borough Councillor - but now aiming at a Bigger discussion chamber in Westminster for his future position - but He is volunteering to visit Solicitor with me, as He has annoted results of The High Court (That Forbade the change of addresses) and the previous lesser courts. The relatively minor point is that He wants my Solicitor not to directly approach the original complainee, that He(counciller) helped to get the High Court - The Complainee is an ill man and must be left in peace.

Afraid it takes me Ages to make a simple missive (like this one) into order, but ..... well, If you have ever had a "stroke" you get all sorts of Helpers - The (new, Central Essex) NHS arrangement are absorbing S Essex (Called "Provide") have suggested to ignore the Legal Eagles and Get Meetings with MP, and current Local Councillers. Unfortunately I had a "setback" after contacting them, so I might just resurrect that by email - (The MP is a big noise in Brexit Matters and is subcontracted his Electors matters to an adjacent MP) - every petty little thing is complicated - Must try again to reconnect with Stepchange - and yet another "Helper" is suggesting firstly some Government Complaints dept (Essex and Part of Suffolk), and to The University (Colchester, not Chelmsford) has a Department for training Legal Students - It seems that their Tutor will supervise his trainees on Cases He allocates. I'm also told that I mght get "Compesation if I take matter up before 3 years after the origonal complainee - I had never thought of this, but it might help pay solicitor, so a bit more stirring is needed (Where can I get a Great Big Wooden Spoon?). Gotta go Must find remaining paperwork for PPI
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

You are being very busy. I hope it all bears fruit. The Law student avenue looks very promising. Only even their tutor may find Local government inertia almost impossible to plumb the depths. They can act very swiftly to impose an outrage, but then cease to show any sign of life in terms of reversing them. If you can show you have been struggling with this within the 3 years through proper channels, eg your first approach to your Councillor, and the High Court case which is De Facto, Compensation for a very unpleasant life and obstruction on all avenues should be payable.

I'm staying with friends who are clearing out their garden ponds and researching management techniques. I knew nothing before, but have been able to find out quite a bit about nitrates and pond plants, so by the time I see them at lunch, I can suggest a few useful strategies. Going home tomorrow.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Just Catching up. Yesterday's PM hosp appoint Took THREE Hours - They had cancelled my appointment, but as I get no mail ...... So they kept me waiting till the Close of Business (I also discovered that The Nurse also Lived in this area and she, too gets no mail). Even more delays re Bus Transport (RTA Collisions - I blame Mr LegS, it was in his neck of the woods).

An Elderly Lady who I sometimes meet in the Town Coffee shop Is AWOL. She was in urgent Need of Hospital Treatment re Back injuries that she is a bit Suspicious of Surgery. BUT .... She was in Supermarket with her Wheelbarrow Shopping trolley, Someone dropped an overloaded Package on to it, and She Fell and done herself a Mischief. Even More need of Hospital work now.

Hope you enjoyed your friends education re Ponds - Oh dear, You are casting me back to my Local Gov Days. But in more optimistic moods, The Ancient Playground (Part of an old Manor and its Grounds, that were demolished to Build the Estate that my Childhood estate was built) is now a well Maintained Country Park Reserve. Their Farmland was also included into its Domain. Unfortunately, Deer have forced an Entry and are expanding in Number - not good for the Forest or Deer? The Descendants of The Manor's Gardeners are Now involved in restoring the Gardens. The House itself (Last "modified" by the Army as Anti-aircraft Gunnery and their accommodation to protect London in the 1940's) is Beyond Hope, but there is a team of locals trying to track it. I've gone - off-topic again! There were several; Ponds. One (The Cow Pond) seems to have been part of the Dairy Farm, Another (by the old Manor) is believed to have been a Water reserve to keep the Gardens Well Moistened. A retired Gardner (Loooooong retired) from another Big House is advising. A third Pond (our after-school walk home) seems to have acquired Terrapins - Gawdnose How/Why.
Gotta go .....
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

They had a cascade with three pools, one above the other so had to scrub them all out then refill them. It took several hours, and the single fish, Golden Orfe reintroduced. Not my idea of real gardening, but a task to be accomplished. I like the friends though.

I've collapsed at home with a few books.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Surfaced again having read several, including one borrowed from the ancestral home (where my brother lives) while I was away. It was on the shelf on the landing and will be returned when I have ordered and received a replacement that isn't falling to pieces. I deadheaded a few roses, and cleaned the toilets, which his cleaner leaves alone. She's been there 50 years so it's too late to upset her by trying to change anything now.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

Hmmmm .... it's August now, I guess I'll kick off an "August" incarnation :-)