Flaming June

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Flaming June

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

It looks like rain. I don't mind. the ground was pretty hard yesterday.

Just off to the village club for brunch.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: Flaming June

Post by goodlookingone »

Tried replying to you yesterday, but my interweb connection disconnected after a few minutes - even If I'd spend some time, then lost the post - Hence no proper reply before it disappears.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Looking back, it was my turn anyway.

After the Brunch, I took Cassie to Wimbleball Lake where we saw some Mallards and two Great Crested Grebes. Last time we went, some anglers had parked their boat right opposite to the hide and frightened all the birds off. On the way back home, I took a turn I don't usually use and was delighted by the drive to Dunster. I've done it the other direction, but didn't appreciate the first half mile up to Luxborough church before today. I often find a particular route much more pleasant on way than the other.

We did have some rain, but had been hoping it would be heavier than it was. There'll be more on Tuesday.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Connections seem to be connecting again? This intermittemt problem started During the London Olympics, and I thought that maybe extra TV or Crowd Control/security were stealing the airwaves - Is that Plausable? Yup I know that Yankee President will be here tomorrow, but the relevant Site in this town (Marconi Air/Marine Communications - but they did a lot of things not made public), is now a Demolition site. Then I typed a post and pushed a wrong button.
We have plenty of Mallards around here, and Canada Geese (in the Town Park), A Large area of this town is known as "Cranes", but I've never seen any Cranes. In Part of the Hills South of here, there is an Area of "Temporary" homes built for weekender from smokey London (about 1930). The remains is now part of a Nature Reserved. Not much in the way of Waterbirds but Essex University has commandeered the most intact bungalow to use for Badger Studies at night. .....
But waterbirds are very much in evidence at Wat Tylers- Would have been part of the Essex Marshes, but its History is much more interesting. ... A tip (London Barges tipped here until recently, but Earth from displaced construction has built up against the Thames. - Hence Police interesting if a Bod goes AWOL?) but also where Nobel (of Prize fame) used it as an out-of-the-way place to make Dynamite to build the USA, and then in Two wars. Lots of Lakes to space out the manufacturing sheds Now mostly with Hides near the footpaths. (One of the lagoons favoured by painters and cameramen it the weed-strewn Lightship - displaced in 1940, on the same principle as removing land based direction signs. Or you can sit in the Education room and watch TV Pictures of the Lake's Cameras.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Tried County Record Office. I needs The Name (I know how he is referred to, but not the Name in the Case), and his address. Then I can limit the range of search for The Case, and Hence The Courts Case Number and Possibly the result. Lady Solicitor was Telling me that Her time would cost me £250 per hour (gulp), so has suggested that could research as far as Pos.
Essex Record Office Do not have Electoral roll (i.e., addresses of the man who did the sample claim against address change) Essex Record Office did not have them until the Local Council relinquishes them. Ditto for County Electoral roll. I Tried The Essex Library - ditto, but I also asked for Telephone Directories. No Longer kept (or more latterly, no Longer Produced, as So many people now have Mobiles).
No idea if Electoral Roll can be seen at the Local Council Offices, but I'll try.
I also have a request to the National Archive (Near Kew Gardens), by e-mail. They wouldn't reply on the weekend, but my application is there.
Essex Records tried (and confirmed) what the Chelmsford Solicitor said - Name order, not Court Order, and there were hundreds of thousands of Mr James. They have Directed me to The High Court (The Strand) for recent Cases. - They seem to archive as Specialtes for Long-LOng-ago court area (multi-County, but not necessarily the current county borders) Areas. I'm too damn tired now, but I'll ask Local Newspaper for their archives (but I very much doubt if they will have a case number). I'm also trying to get Local Mayor, and/or Current Councillors, but I don't want to offend them (The case is AGAINST them that they inherited from the Prev Admin) as I need their help - I'm tired Goodnight. Best Wishes.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Can't stop - Much to do. (Taking a long time - much to think about), but ... You Mentioned Jane Sealy .. A missive has shown in Facebook as it's her Birthday, today.

See yer Later...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I'm sure you won't offend them by asking for their help. It has just occurred to me that for a small fee (or none) a Freedom of Information Request might glean the details you require with a Council staff member doing the work, via their Legal Department. But you may have done that already.

It is so easy to forget that Essex has some very lovely parts to enjoy wildlife. You don't have to be all that fit in wind and limb to see it. I have Epping Forest on my bucket list to see. If I could hoik my late husband's friend out of the constant beer festivals he goes to I may get him to show off somewhere other than the Blue Boar at Maldon.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Happy Birthday Jane Sealy. I have a box of Yorkshire tea that reminded me of you the other day.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

You'll find Jane here ...https://www.facebook.com/events/birthdays/

Freedom of info? Not that free, and is why Solicitor Lady said 4 hours work for her.
I may have to wait up to four weeks for a response from The High Court, but it may be merely telling me where to apply for the details and/or where getting Clarity as to what details can be given to a non-solicitor.
The Council Legal Eagle is not user friendly - Long ago the Then Legal eagle helped (and took action on the Council's behalf) re my (then) nuisance neighbour. He (the neighbour) latterly moved to a big place in Chelmsford - You know the one - Iron Bars at the windows.

The Councils Legal Eagle LOST the case re the change of address which was made clear to me when I returned falsely addressed mail that he was "Anti". Of course, the Council failed to Unchange their false addresses despite losing the case. Thus the addresses the council address lists supplies (to The Post Office, and The Electoral register), so not helpful. I originally approached the Solicitor who's Barrister won - He told me that He' prefer to charge me of the thousands of years that I would pay to represent me against the changes over the years.
The Councillor who wanted me to keep returning fake addressed mail back to the Council, recommended him and attended with me. (He is no Longer The Councillor after the election).
However... The CAB had a bloke who may/may not be as knowledgable as He appeared. recommended a different course - complain to The Post Office (Via Royal Mail if it helps), and then complain to Postery for which one must a) show copies of complaint to The Post Office, b) enclose a copy of their reply, an c) compose a fully detailed complaint to them for a committee ruling.

Ah, Epping Forest: ..bits of it had been "Nicked" over the Years - The First bit being The Naval place from which they grew Oaks for Ships, then became a The Navy airfield, then RAF Fairlop. Then the M25, then the M11, The A406 (nth Circ) was moved and stopped the Deers circulating, Before that there was the LNER, Laterly the Central Line, Now a preserved Railway, Fairlop airfield became the Council Land fill. Two more Airfields, Then ... and then.. Then a couple of forever enlarging "Villages". When I was the Link Man for The Spare Time Club, I was one of the "Gang of Four" who organised Rambles, mostly but not all in Epping Forest. then "Anne-with-an-e" recommended Hatfield Forest as being more intact, and bigger areas that were clear of Buildings. - Fine until someone built an airport that deafened everyone. Still, there's always North Essex.... Claire Balding (Radio 4) did a Walk on The Essex way around Maldon.

Gotta go - I needs my Beautysleeps....
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

PS. The D-Day flyover route tomorrow. Route as near to the original route as the weather allows: RAF/USAF Duxford - (Now called Imperial War Museum), Duxford - then The Crowstone (near Westcliffe, a few miles West of Southend), then Maidstone, then Caen. I might go for a looksee if I have time from raiding ammunition re Address.

Goodnight again.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

I did go to Westcliffe Yesterday to see the flypast. A long wait because it was delayed, and few miles west of the route in the new timetable, so seen merely as Dots in the distant sky - there were a couple of places nearer to home would have be better if it was announced earlier. Is it the case (as someone knowledgable at Southend said) that the delay was caused by an American President needing the arrival time in France, because his arrival at the D Day site caused the Memorial flight arrival took precedence.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

You must get tired of explaining things over and over again. I was a little afraid I might be starting up another explanation round, and I'm sorry for that.

It certainly looks as though there are plenty of nice places to walk in essex despite city and village encroachment.

I shall be glad when this state visit is over.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

More difficult than I thought - Electoral Rolls are in two parts, the Restricted one, and the Public one - Seems that In Basildon you can only see the public one IF you are one of the people Who signed their address on the illegal list of addresses.

Places to walk - Yes, BUT... No Public transport to the most desirable ones. I Like North Essex, Castle Heddingham for example (Didn't Clarry, in the Archers go to the see the Lavander Fields with Her Sister to Leave Ed on his own in a sulk? - Holiday to a field from a farm family is a bit of a Busman's Holiday?). And a nearby Preserved Railway? and .. Another lovely place was the Bishops Palace - in woodlands - I did an exam their once - The enormous main doors are about 3" thick oak, but swung very readily on their Hinges with a minor push. The Exam hall I found myself sitting inside a Former Fireplace about as big as my main room.

I think the State Visit is over, Trouble is that Now that our Leaders are free of State Visiting, they can foul up everything else.

Good night - neads my beautysleeps.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh, just seen some sort of Musical event in "The Church on the Hill" - Hope it's not too noisy, My Ol' Grandad is Buried there.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

I was brought up in a farming family, and a visit to the Lavender fields would be a real treat. I might try to do it when I've sent the next parish magazine to the printer.

That is a real Catch 22 situation for you. Don't give in. But is the information you need not on the restricted one? I signed up for the MPS and don't get much junk mail. I don't really notice that much because it all goes in the recycling without reading.

I expect your grandad will enjoy the music. I came out of my daughter's wedding disco in the marquee on the farm lawn thinking my father's sleep would have been disturbed if he'd still been alive.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi, My Grandad was (I think) - My Mother Dad that is - from A mining Family - so walked to London to get work, from Bradford, so He got work from the Gas, Light, and Coke Co. And got all the Miners ailments anyway, But I don't think they had much Music in Coal Conversion.

Catch 22, quite right, but I now have so many irons in so many fires to explain it all. and recent stroke not helping in putting words together, So I'm trying to make notes of what/how/to do. The Solicitor Lady (Kim in Chelmsford) have indicated the cost (£ gulp) and suggested I do as much as I can. it took all morning to write one missive, and that was a simple one - simply to chase up Stepchange who cannot get involved until they are officially workng for me, and cannot do that until I've signed all their paperwork, and I need their advice on filling it in, and I have no address, and ..... I cant instruct Solicitor until I know that Stepchange can confirm my access to Mortgage loan, which I cant get because my Legal address is different to the Royal Mail address...
I also needs to chase up PPI, - money in abayence so to speak.
Oh, the restricted list? no, but I'm only allowed to see the one on the Councils false address, Electoral List, if I'm on it, which is not my address so I never filled it in. (Worse still, because my Pills include Aspirin, I cannot take Headache tablets - and I has an 'eadache). NOOO, that's enough for now....

It is some years since I was awoken one night by a loud crash - and frightened hell out of My Ginger Cat? I thought He had done it. It turned out to be some of the Mirror tiles on my Bathroom wall, had come unstuck and broke themselves in the Bath. All the ones in shops are Metrical Sizes, but I found some metrical (cheap, unused box) ones in a Charity shop, with the intention of cutting them down - I'm not good with Glass cutting, but in anycase, there was not enough. But ... This week someone had some, one foot square, tiles. So todays break away from Pootering typing, I took a busride to collect 2x boxes of 4x Tiles.
Now I have to fix them - The reason the last few of that wall seems to have failed at the "Steamy taps end" end of the bath - I must investigate some Paint that will disperse any moisture in the wall (now no longer covered with tiles), and a more effective glue - although wrapped, the new tiles will have rather aged adhesive on them.

Have fun...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

At least your life will never be boring. Gladstone Brookes were very helpful in claiming my PPI but they want 25% for doing it. I thought it was worth every penny. You can do it online, but they usually want signed paperwork. If you explain when they phone that they need to go through StepChange (Check your email) it could work out well for you.

Doesn't Paracetamol work for you? Lots of water with it too.

Miners often sing underground or in the showers afterwards.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi!
I did start a PPI claim, but let it "drift" after my first stroke, and a month in Hospital. I should have taken up cudgels then, but dallied, and found that Particular Agency was too late to complete its renewal until before the Completion date (August 2019 I think), so I've had to restart with another outfit. Since then I've got bogged down with Stepchange, Fighting Council, and generally trying to re-arrange my life for a somewhat pre-intended retirement date. I think its the Big Platic box of stuff that I must work on. Working in Various places I had several petty accounts - e.g., working for Lloyds Bank I chose another Bank for my personal sums: Then working in Every-little-Helps, it was unwise to have cash withdrawal facilities in their Money office, and ......

It was just before last months stroke that I contacted stepchange, asking for a Face-to-Face contact - I think its possible that they could not find my Legal address. If I can fight this headache I'll attack again tomorrow - But it is so much to explain to yet another person - I really needs a Secretary.

Re Paracetamols... I had pills for Hurty foot problems (Diabetes), and I had a box of A1 painkillers (Naproxen) to only be used when nec, but I was advised not to use other tablets for other ails. I had to change Doc's after the then current doc had been ordered to only use the councils fake address which the Pharmacist's driver could not find. New Doc (younger so presumably of later training) changed to (Codipar) because the previous was too closely linked to Aspirin (A have to take a regular but lower dose of daily aspirin re diabetics). A third doc??? suggested that for pain killer I should use Paracetamol, NOT Ibuprofen - Or was it vise versa???

I think my cat is ill. He only slept for 22 hours yesterday.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Ibuprofen is similar to Aspirin in that it thins the blood, so if you are on rat poison, it can thin it even more. I noticed when I was using it for arthritis, only 1 paracetamol worked as well as two.

Poor George. Prowling about with insomnia and a satiable appetite while the can opener sleeps.

I went to Church because I was needed in the choir. Then to our Orchestra leader to collect the music for next week. I took Cassie up to Webbers Post at the bottom of Dunkery Beacon through heavy rain. When it stopped I took the stripping comb to get rid of some more of her winter coat. She did get a small walk, but it started to rain again, so went to Trscos for bread etc and home. I collapsed in a heap on the bed for a nap. I must get the Viola out for a practice of some Corelli etc. Then back to bed. It should keep the biscuit count down a bit.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Thanks Rwth.
Don't think I'm taking Rat Pizen .. but it might be a useful idea.

Since that invading cat left, George seems much more relaxed, but more Hungry. At his last checkup, vet reckoned that four of those food pouches per day was too much, (Two pouches for first meal plus two one-pouch meals per day). I reduced it alternately for four pouches one-day, and three the next. You would not believe the amount Shouting at me... Like Cassie, He two needs a brush - Couple of weeks since his last brushing.

Are you Choir Singing as well as Violin Playing, or is the Violin playing a part of the choir.

Must go - I'm trying to catch up on ... PPI, Various address changing problems (Must list everything I must contact), Chase Stepchange, Try to re-make Lost Hosp appoints because of last months stroke, Must go to P.A.L.S., to find out if I missed the "follow-up" stroke (Different dept) sent to the address they have. Must get Taxi up to Doc's for Pills Prescription, Check Bank (Lack of mail receipt means that at least one of my pensions does not pay if I fail to respond), and ... damn, something important that I can't remember...

Goodnight....