The Merry merry month of May...

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Re: The Merry merry month of May...

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Doctor has prescribed it for cramp for years. I take it for a few days until I stop getting cramp, and it goes on working for weeks. Apparently the best tonic water is Fever tree, but my B in Law drinks Schh because he's an engineer and sells packing machines, possibly to the unmentionable. He gets a few free samples from customers. His daughter, with whom I shared a G & T om my patio, (one each) hadn't realised it was because of the free samples.

We play for the Church service once a month, including today. Next week we play for the village Open Gardens event in the church again. It's under new management this year, but there will still be scarecrows at the gates, and parachuting teddies from the Church Tower, using recycled umbrella covers. No teddy has been hurt yet.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Doctor has prescribed it for cramp for years. I take it for a few days until I stop getting cramp, and it goes on working for weeks. Apparently the best tonic water is Fever tree, but my B in Law drinks Schh because he's an engineer and sells packing machines, possibly to the unmentionable. He gets a few free samples from customers. His daughter, with whom I shared a G & T om my patio, (one each) hadn't realised it was because of the free samples.

We play for the Church service once a month, including today. Next week we play for the village Open Gardens event in the church again. It's under new management this year, but there will still be scarecrows at the gates, and parachuting teddies from the Church Tower, using recycled umbrella covers. No teddy has been hurt yet.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Not deliberately Hignoring you. Mind full of "Stuff" - Over a month since TIA and still cant get my head into gear ...
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

You are still trying, that's the point. Pity it's just us two.
An Tarbh Dubh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by An Tarbh Dubh »

... and an occasional visit from here, but we're always wishing you well! Enjoying the odd bit of fine weather, in between the showers.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi An Tarbh Dubh. Hope you are well.
Does anyone remember Suepet, (well, she aka Susan) from the Old BBC Mustardland? She was in The Writers Thread, so not someone I met (neither in reality, nor in Mustard). Now I'm trying to remember where I saw her Mentioned - She was looking for Wordlover.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Wordlover posts in Facebook as Rosalie (Fay). I think Suepet may have been in Facebook too. I left the Archers' groups because there never seemed to be anything else. I swopped for the Gardener's Question Time and Birder threads. Sometimes I get tied up in Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer, but I do a lot of lurking.

I wish everyone well. 3 Wells seems to have regained some of her old strength, I'm glad to say.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi Rwth.. Had a few things today after a bit of "Hassle". Wed was meeting with a Solicitor (re House addresses, and a series of added on problems), itself complicated by lack of meeting times, and transport problems, and ... and... Can you imagine asking a Cab driver to take you to a Solicitor in a road in his Town Centre only a few minutes from the Bus Station cab-rank .... He shrugged his shoulders, couldn't understand english and gave me his satnav. I couldnt make his machine work, so He asked me the Post Code ... "Same as Here in Chelmsford?" So I had to write down the address.. "Ah, You mean Waterloo Road in Romford (15 miles away?). He eventually found the road and drove past the Solicitor (Two story Building with the words in Letters 12" high over the Door). Then He couldn't understand when I told him to go back - I believe He expected a tip. Would have been Less Late if I had walked.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh ... that was Wed, now for Yesterday:I should have got some work done to find details (To make the Soliciting prices more affordable), but .....
I found that some "Scam" was being applied to my account - You may recall that I don't get bank statements re Address problems. So I was diverted into sorting it with the Bank. They Cant sort it so I sat in the corner with their head-office that they gave me - Even in a Bank the hum of even Gentle voices were Overpowering (Thinks: Do Mobile Phones lose Volume after the Years - It seemed very difficult to confer, especially as She kept leaving me "on-hold" whilst she investigated The receiving a/c and their History - she seemed to be flitting with desks and her colleagues). The Nett result was that they could retreive the payments that had been taken, gave me an a/c number for their retrieval business, but it could not be shown until the close of business (it materialised today - well all except a Fiver) Took about half an hour with this fast talking Irish accent from the Banks Edinburgh HO. and I was having a bad "Stroke" day - nothing serious, but I was VERY tired all day.
Enough ... NO - Mad Bus driver had decided that He wasn't going to use the Route, but Just wanted to go where He could drive faster. There is no simple way to complain - must complain to the Bus operator before complaining to ... who .. The Traffic commisioners - all difficult and no simple complaint routes (The Bus Operator is in Leeds?) but I'd liked to have him off the road yesterday. (I've kept the bus ticket with all the details)
And then today ... Oh no, I need access to The Essex Record Office to find a Case Number re The Case study on my estates Test Case, but I can't get records office access because I didn't have a current Status address because I don't have my Legal Address to confirm that I should have access that I cant get until I get the documents I need via the Record office.

Thats enough. I hope that you are having a better day than me .... Oh, I thought of you today. Among the Market in Chelmsford was a man sitting on a fold-up chair among the market stalls, No fruit or sprouts, just a Well dressed gent with a Folder and Diary (and a fold-up umbrella under his chair). Signs around his feet offering Violin Lessons - Teenager (over 14) and Adult: £14 per hour. Don't know where He is Based, but there is an Instrument (new and used) shop near but not in the Market.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

That's good value. My gardener charges £15.

Maybe a genealogist with a season ticket could get the information for you from the Essex Record office. They know their way round the records. A (fictional) genealogist has one clerk in his Local record office who hates him. Try and find out when it's her day off. Or ask to see the Head Archivist with a view to getting him/her to do the research for you. Have you still got any Mortgage letters from buying the house? If it's freehold, you may have the Land registry document. Your Medical card from the new practice?

Shall I start a new thread for Flaming June? or will you?