Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

April in, out of the rain

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

It must be my turn to start another.

I've had coffee with my gardener in light rain, and the lurgy isn't much better. Gertrude Jekyll is planted by the front door and Prince William, the clematis is going in by the Garrya Elliptica against the nice stone wall of next door's outhouse. We are going to plant a few wild flower seeds, and things are looking good.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: April in, out of the rain

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh, Hi!
wondered where everybody (.e., you an' me) had gone to.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Not far. Hope you enjoyed the Meet. I saw your MP in the Brexit debate on petitions. I remember thinking that I hoped he had time to tickle up the Parliamentary Ombudsman on your behalf.

It is not raining today, but the washing I put out on Monday had an extra rinse. Nice and dry this afternoon.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Not got a response from my request to meet MP. I'm busy fighting Beurocracy - I bit "bogged down". But I'll do a missive to local Councillor, and send MP a reminder. Got to get facts together before raiding another "Helpful" agency - If you have ever had a "Stroke" you will get every Doc, Hospital, CAB, and everyone else just pointing you to other "Helpers", all of which are only marginally helpful, and then close down. I could whinge a bit more if you like????

Meet was fine - except for two things.
1) It was the same day of Local (Very) History Photo show, so I could only face the Horrors of London Transport rerouting bus routes when more time, not less, would be needed, so got there late, and...
2) We are a much depleted Group.

Had you met Grace, (previously known as Grace's Ghost) No, she was not at the meet, but Just found out that her beloved Dog (Bitch), Pearl, broke her leg and has died.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Yes, I had heard that Pearl had been taken to the vet in Swansea and had not survived the operation for I knew not what. I don't think Pearl would have had things any different. Glory days on the track, Big adventures with Grace and an accident swiftly followed by oblivion. I'm sorry for Grace of course, but I hope she won't be put off having another greyhound that she will love just as much for slightly different reasons.We only had a break in 1996-98 from having a dog, and I hated it.

They can be very annoying about signposting you elsewhere, Maybe saying "Before you go, just tell me what can you do?" As for the MP, "They all tell me only you can go to the Parliamentary ombudsman for me" Splat like a Pike!

I decided to tune up my first little violin last night, finally succeeded and did last night's practice on it. I've given it the magic elixir of a bit of oil and vinegar and it sounds lovely now. I'll go back to my full size today for practicing. One piece is all high notes so I can't use my viola. - Well I could if I was better at it. Our concert is on Wednesday. Maybe I'll start working on party pieces in between times.

I heard a recording this morning of forced rhubarb bursting their buds. I think I'd prefer the more acidic garden variety. With Sweet Cicely added to it in the cooking, explain the concept of "too much cream!"
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Don't know whats Happened - I posted earlier but it does not seem to have been delivered.
I'd just made a few comments on Dogs, Choirs and rehearsals but Just as I was about to leave, there was a Local news about a traffic accident re The High Road being closed - so "Irregular" bus routing. In fact it was worse: One vehicle and its one Driver involved. No other traffic: He drove "End on" into a roadside Fence guiding pedestrians to cross at the Crossing. Seems Like the driver may have been Taken ill, or died before the crash. Don't know if the Road is open yet.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

It's another Orchestra gig today.
I hope your travels are more successful today. After the miserable overcast days of the weekend, the sun is comig out and we are due for a sunny afternoon. Fog again tonight. Maybe a sign of warmer days again. My Chamomile is spreading quite well now. By the time my gardener has replaced his written-off van, he won't know my garden.