November but sunny

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

November but sunny

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Well it is at the moment. We had a lot of rain during the night but it's stopped for now.

I've been a bit fragile after my Pfizer booster on Saturday, but I've just had a couple of crumpets with honey, and I'm almost back to normal.

It seemed like such a waste to get rid of the security vehicles and buy inferior pest control ones. Nearly as daft as buying a fleet of rear wheel drive RAC vans where they might need to extract vehicles bogged down at racecourses. When I was a little mired in, the first RAC van got stuck too, so we both had to wait for another one to get us out.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: November but sunny

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi... Feeling dead beat, Not sorted lots of things, so I'm going to, have a nearly night and catch upon the sleep (one thing to catch up on is How to drain my NBG washing machine when it expired when full water - made more difficult is where/how I can move my ill/old pussycat wont move from where the wash m/c is)....
Another thought about that particular client Council was... That Council area included a VERY Large employer (40 000 employees) which had lots of subsuiduary suppliers... (Battery makers, Brake makers etc.) producing cars and vans and ... unfinised vans for other coachbuilders to complete... ambulancies, maria's, and SECURITY VANS for rent collectors........??? The Councillers were actually Ford Shop Stewards, always trying to squeeze a bit more out of their employer ..... BUT as Councillers, they were fending off the Coincils Shop Stewards ... Isn't there something about Poachers and Gamekeepers.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

Did some stuff, went to quiz night. We won. Had to hoick our relief Question master out of her nest but we were down to 4 members so had little choice.

The pressure is off for now, but I have a couple of big tasks to complete and am procrastinating unhelpfully.

As for poachers and gamekeepers, sometimes union office gives people a sight into personal advantage, so makes them easy to manipulate. At one time Management officials were under advantaged as union officials knew more about legislation than junior HR staff, but lately Management decide what they are going to do and brief the Press, so it looks like a done deal. A smart shop steward can often fin d a weak point and twist the picklocks so that management squirms. In the days when Unions could take out the workers it gave them a reputation that was feared on both sides of the divide. When I met an old colleague in a temp job and found out when she told me she was Red Robbo's daughter, it made me reappraise that whole relationship between Unions and management.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Oh... an oddity here.....
For the first time in years, I stopped for a Fish and Chips dinner at The Wimpey Bar in Basildon Bus Station, here is a sparcity of buses so getting a meal there was an easy option (well alledgedly shortage of drivers not buses). The same bloke in the shop as usual, but He seened to have another bloke helping him. I paid my Bill at the counter (to the usual boss).
Next Day the shop was closed, It seems that after He served me my Fish and chips, He Died.... I wonder How I had that effect.

By Co-incidence, some days later, I was on a bus home that took ages (from outside the now closed Wimpey). It took ages because the bus was in a Queue of a Slow moving Horse drawn Hearse,,,

I'll catch up... an armful of things here to sort - I think I need a Secretary....