The Bleak mid-Summer

Anything and everything

Moderator: Moderators

goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

The Bleak mid-Summer

Post by goodlookingone »

Just realised that it is now July, so I'll copy my most recent post to Here.. where you might find it.

Well, Good that you are getting something done...

For me.. I didn't actually get the Ambulance, I went to GP. I missed my call in the waiting room. Eventually someone put me back top-of-list. Doc said little or nothing but, found a spare nurse (Dental? Hurty-foot-dept? Maternity?????? Who knows - certainly was not her own Practice Nurse) to sit with me whilst She (GP) left me to phone.
I Think The anbulance crew (two women) avoided the Town Centre Traffic and took the "Pretty Route" through woodland to New Hosp Dept Building site. - One driving, and the other doing tests and writing up notes. Once at the Hosp they exchanged details with the admitting doc and transfered their Notes into Hosp pooter whilst The Hosp Nurse arranged my Scans

Now that I think ... I doubt if you will be reading this if you are at, or en-route to, or at The Hospital.

Speak/post when they've sorted you.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Re: The Bleak mid-Summer

Post by goodlookingone »

Just wondered if you were back from the Hospital......
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hearing nothing from you - I hope you are back home and OK.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Post by Rwth of Cornovii »

I am now. It was a Pulmonary embolism. Lots of lovely heparin injections then tablets. They did lots of scans so there weren't any nasty surprises lying in wait. It's lovely to be back. It's much quieter. No TV. No excitement over last years championship draw.

Even though I knew the road, the ambulance went the pretty way. On the way back, It was Kitty from the Red Cross in a red Ford Fiesta.
I'll take my pills and go to bed soon.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Good to see you back. I shall have to look up Pulmon wotsit. and see what heperin does? - Oh aint life complicated

I'll be back Later... Got a phone interview from CAB. The more mudane stuff - Like finding out why I have't had one of my pensions not reaching me - Have a chat with The Halifax re a possible Scam attack,
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Just looked up Heparin... Seems several varieties if the same product ..
I thought Heparin was a Famous Painting of wrecked ship being towed to the Breakers

Gotta go.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

The Hesperus was the ship you may have been thinking of, but that was the one where the captain tied his daughter to the mast but died before he could untie her, so she died too in the wreck. I thought it was actually the Fighting Temeraire, being towed to the breaker's yard, in JMW Turner's painting. The sky was quite genuine, being the effect caused by the huge eruption of the Indonesian supervolcano, Tamboro in 1815. A few weeks before or after the Battle of Waterloo. Much of the battle took place in a rainstorm so maybe it was a few days before the battle.

The pills are Eliquis/Apixaban but the injections were of a more modern version of Heparin. I'm covered in bruises from the injection site, but they use much smaller needles nowadays and I didn't feel a thing most of the time.

Scams are happening a lot these days. I hope your account is unscathed and the pension and back payments reappear soon. I was going to phone the quango OFGEM yet again about their non payment of my May RHI to a new savings account. I sent the bank statement by post, but they sent me an email that may have been a reply to that or the other frustrated emails with the standard "Information was not suitable" handoff. They are very polite and Scottish, but they leave me wanting to give them a Glaswegian kiss, (a head butt).
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi, Yes you are right -The Fighting Temaraire.
Oh, The battle of Waterloo - Reminding me of my Working days... Those EU people wanted to give games to the international Locomotives. The constituent Countries choosing national heroes... They Winged when a Loco called "Duke of Wellington" led another Loco called "Napolean" into London Waterloo.

Pills: reminds me that I must "chase-up" the surgeon who did a "Simple" op last year that has gone wrong. I am supposed to be getting a "Telephone Exam(???)" followed by something technical at a Distant Hospital (Broomfield, betwixt Chelmsford and Colchester). I'd better chase that up.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

When I was working in Sales for BT I once achieved by persuasion, a shared line between one family called Gilbert and their neighbours called Sullivan. The originals didn't get on too well I believe.

I've received the bulb collection catalogue already. I'll have to order early not to miss the Byzantine collection with black, parrot and deepest red to go in my tubs. They do get snapped up pretty early. There were big surprises this year after the scented wild tulips, with blue Anemone Blanda and Camassias. The lovely snakes head fritillarias almost break your heart, they look so fragile.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Just bogged down with problems this week. Damn troublemaker of a neighbour is causing problems - and I had much to do this week???
One of my pensions has ceased paying me? (- and it is a "Substantial amount" but the actual amount is unknown since the April (2021) annual increments. I have filled in the form, but it has gone to the office of the Pension payment Lady (an address that was once MY office? - I have told her to enjoy the Autumn sun-set looking down between the Tower Blocks forming the route into London), but ... She is not there, working from home?
Council has re-established a House number to this address that thay took down some months ago. Have now found my Council tax account, but not the allowances (post-stroke) that they seem to have lost.
A very helpful pleasant lady nearby, was always first in the queue to help any problems (She got Stacks of Pussycat food during the first lockout), but now she is moving - a sad loss. She is a Child Carer and needs a Bigger House and a Garden. But she has volunteered to Witness my troublesome Neighbour problem. I must try again to get the Police involved who have been "Busy" so far - I had along interview with a Very Pretty Young Police Lady today.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

How exciting. Let's hope the police take an interest in your troublesome neighbour. That pretty one clearly stayed long enough to listen.
The pension people will have to produce a death certificate to get away with not paying and we both know that's not possible. Is it the right house number? I hope they sort out your allowances soon.

I've grappled with Lloyds Direct to supply my new rat poison. and a smart exchange of emails about them sticking the labels over the braille dots ensued. I have only obliquely hinted that I'm not blind, but they keep on saying they will note my record. I got quite ratty with them eventually. What part of "don't stick labels over Braille dots" don't they understand when there is a huge space for their labels on the back?

Then when I changed my bank account, everyone else got the message and paid pensions into my new account, but OFGEM insisted on a bank statement being sent. I sent it well over a month ago, but they are claiming they are busy but they don't take phone calls after 4 pm and not weekends There is a facility to change bank details while logged into their website, in response to which to which they froze my quarterly RHI payments until they got written evidence. They didn't bother to say where to send it so I noted the Scottish accents and sent it to the Glasgow office, adorned with red sealing wax to get their attention.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Pensions .... You are touching on a nerve... Pension lady has a text that a rec delivery Letter was in the ground floor Reception - Unfortunately there was a Covid fcase so she can't go in to collect her mail and continues to work from home .... GGGGGGRRRRRRR (in her place I might do the same)

Polices certainly not taking any notice. I was hoping a response this morning when the Basildon force close down for the night, and the Billericay and Laindon team start work ..
Then I was thinking maybe after the morning rush....
Then I thought maybe this evening which is the time I said he normally came home....
No Police,
No nuisance neighbour. My Good neighbours last night in this town (OK, I bought some strawberries and cream to take round, but she is AWOL - I believe her Dad and Mate are arrainging her house move) - A new house, but decorators working today.

Neighbour has had a bevy of little girls in his garden all trying to get into mine... I might mention that to the Police next time I see them.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

The FUZZ has phoned. Reported on the 8th, First contact today.
"Is your neighbour in"
"Cant see his car"
"OK, I'll try tomorrow"
I did manage to give him the Number of my "leaving tomorrow" Good neighbour.
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Has the plague of little girls returned? Perhaps it was a kid's party that got out of hand. I remember a well respected professor who as a primary schoolboy regaled my daughter and her other friends with a terrifying HP Lovecraft story at her 8th birthday party.

I hope your neighbour enjoyed the strawberries and cream. I also hope the new inhabitant is equally easy to get on with.

I have another lay celebrant training session this afternoon. I'd better have another look at the homework. I did do most of it, but needed to attend a service first to comment on. I'll have to try and skirt round the fact that she turned over two pages at one point and we had the Old Testament reading before the psalm. I may divert on the topic of whether it's OK not to stand up to say the Creed when I have nearly a grand's worth of viola and no guarantee of stability on my pins.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

No little girls today (so far). But I have sent a Formal complainnt to the Council. The Policeman I eventual got(?) was on the Councils team of dealing with Niusance Neibours. But it seems that He wants Feedback from the Councils records? They asked much the same as PC Plod, but wanted extra details (Descriptiion of Miscreant, Assess his age, Height, What Vehicle does He drive etc. ,,,,,, Quite sensible questions I suspose.

Neighbour did not get her Strawberry and Cream. She (and the child she cares for) got home from her mate about midnight .. Her mate is a Pet Rehoming person (Pussycat Lodge). First thing Saturday her and Her enterauge of Helpers were here to Load the Hire-van, whereupon Her friends (She has a lot of friends) paid for her taxi to go to a station on the Main Line to take her train to Braintree. Her parents were already at her New home for when the Delivery van arrives - (I think her friends pai for the delivery Van) Her parents were also supervising her Decorators to leave. A very nice person and lots of helpful friends. Best of Luck to her.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Lost my great big Ginger cat ..... Just found him curled up in the middle of the Dinning table - 'think I'd better have aword with him?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

When you said 'lost' I thought you meant permanently. Curled up in the middle if the dining table suggests he didn't want to miss anything food related.

When I was accosted then deceived into opening my car window a little to pacify a raging stranger who then opened the door and grabbed my bag, I found the giving of a statement to a child policewoman very stimulating to the memory. I realised that the perpetrator was wearing new clothes. I'm not a bad observer, but calm description helps you put together tiny things you wouldn't remember on their own. I seem to have become a police procedural addict. I just recommended "The Windsor Knot" by S J Bennett to my reading group. This is more Detection procedural though.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

So has he actualy snaffled your Bag?
Rwth of Cornovii
Doing well
Doing well

Yes he did, but it was in 1999. I got an insurance payout because it was at work and my employer was a self insurer. The Finance bod asked what was in the bag. I said that among other things, there was a photograph of him. I had been up north on a Finance training day, and it had struck me that dealing with Finance staff at a distance would be easier if I had a face to put to the voice and had a small album of pictures of HQ Finance staff to show to colleagues. The thing I actually regretted most was my camera with a semi used film of my first grandchild on the day we went to see her in her first day of independent life. We went down from Birmingham to Tunbridge Wells to see her and when we got to the hospital we found she had gone home.

The replacement camera was about the same price as the lost Vivitar, but was a Canon with a vastly better lens. I still have it. I never got the point of an SLR camera because I could adjust my normal visual focus to the slight parallax. My husband then became terribly enthusiastic about rangefinder cameras because Ukrainian and Russian troops overran the German factories that made good lenses and Konica and Zorki cameras were usually better than the Leicas and Minoltas left behind. Leicas were for me disappointingly soulless if clinically accurate. Maybe it was liking what you have, but I very much enjoyed taking pictures with Fuji film for preference. People in the know said you should adjust a colour TV so the green was realistic so I judged photographs in much the same way.
goodlookingone
Doing well
Doing well

Post by goodlookingone »

Hi!
Still fighting demons
Nasty Neighbour,
Still trying to recover my AWOL Pension (Lady dealing with it is working from home, and unable to collect Mail during a Covid scare.
Council now demanding council tax that I thought I had been spared that as last year
Still trying to get much-dlayed legal advises re council changing address,
Still got water pouring downn my stairs re Blocked surface water drain re ovrtflowing gutter into my house due to blocked under-pavement Pipe
and I'm feeling very moribund as my very Helpful neighbour (not the nasty one) has moved away - as a Childminder she needs a house with another bedroom and a garden.
Oh I feel sulky - I'm off for the night.
And now that damn great big cat of mine now holds court laying in the middle of the dining table